Usapang Japan

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

skp_16 wrote:
2014 pa yan :lol:
fail na naman ako :lol:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

Madali lang daw talaga makakuha ng visa sa Japan at South Korea rin.

For other visas, easiest way is family or group kayo mag apply.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Salute @ #8

24 Quirky Things You Realise Are Actually True After You Visit Japan
https://www.tripzilla.com/quirky-things-japan/44648
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

It just got easier to become a permanent resident of Japan — here’s how you do it

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-m ... pan-2017-3
saaaandaliiiii laaaaannnggg!!!
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

More anime and manga!
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sino nakapunta na sa Osaka and Kyoto? Ano mas nagustohan niyo?

I'm planning to go to Japan this Oct or Nov and stay in Tokyo and Osaka or Kyoto.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Si Xanshi ang madalas diyan sa Japan e. Baka nakapunta na rin siya diyan. :D
flipsflops
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: flipsflops

skp_16 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:28 am Sino nakapunta na sa Osaka and Kyoto? Ano mas nagustohan niyo?

I'm planning to go to Japan this Oct or Nov and stay in Tokyo and Osaka or Kyoto.
Kyoto. Since masmalapit.
白線の内側に下がってお待ちください
javaChip56
Rayman
Rayman
PSN ID: javaChip0220

skp_16 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:28 am Sino nakapunta na sa Osaka and Kyoto? Ano mas nagustohan niyo?

Kyoto.. Nung nagpunta kasi ako ng Osaka parang feeling ko nasa Tokyo parin ako.. Though hindi ako masyado naglibot dun.. Hinanap ko lang yung Denden Town..
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

saaaandaliiiii laaaaannnggg!!!
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

VincH wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:36 am
Pwede ako mag-donate ng aking time, effort and energy para magka-anak sila. Hindi ako maghahabol, pramis. :bigmouth:
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

factor kaya yung mahabang trabaho sa oras, video games, anime, manga, mahal na renta sa tirahan, at jav kaya kumokonti ang mga nagpapamilya? :?:
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^sa tingin ko malaking factor nga yan. masyado nang madaming entertainment na pwedeng gawin sa bahay kaya di na gano lumalabas ang mga tao at dun na nagpapalipas ng oras.
Sn@kemaru wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:23 pm Pwede ako mag-donate ng aking time, effort and energy para magka-anak sila. Hindi ako maghahabol, pramis. :bigmouth:
mukhang ikaw ang hahabulin nila kapag nakabuo ka :bigmouth:
sib
Beyond the Beyond
Beyond the Beyond

Sino na nakapunta sa AKB48 Cafe? Magkaiba ba talagang mga waitress yung mag-su-serve ng mga pagkain sa table mo?
*Hindi naman busy yung Cafe kasi 4 lang yung occupied tables sa area namin.*

Yung mga T**ga naka-display lang dun sa isang floor ng store na napuntahan ko. :sweat: Pero sa lower level may harang na bawal ang 18 below.
Currently Playing
PS4:
PSV:
PC: Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps-, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

^ nakaka-curious ba yun may harang na bawal ang 18 and below? :bigmouth:
sib
Beyond the Beyond
Beyond the Beyond

^Siguro kung di mo alam na meron para sa lalaki. Pero di ko pinasok, baka paalisin lang ako.
Currently Playing
PS4:
PSV:
PC: Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps-, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
yonsei55
Rapid Reload
Rapid Reload

Fan ka ng 48 group?
sib
Beyond the Beyond
Beyond the Beyond

^Hindi. May crush lang ako dun sa isang member ng SKE48.
VincH wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:36 am
I got to talk with a Japanese lady. She said that today's Japanese women like kind and cool/good-looking guys.

Another thing, I'm not sure if she also said that they like strong guys, or if she meant to say that the women now are strong. I'm not sure what she wanted to say since she typed it directly on her phone (google translate), and I wasn't able to read the roumaji.

Does anyone know what 'mote so' means?
Currently Playing
PS4:
PSV:
sib
Beyond the Beyond
Beyond the Beyond

Ok. Just got back from Japan. I'm just going to make a list of the good and bad things first, and then make a summary of our trip there.

Good
- You don't have to wait for that much time in the baggage claim area. In some airports you still have to wait 30 mins. or so, before you see a baggage in the carousel.
- People are orderly when queuing up for the trains.
- There are station names (JR) are shown in Kanji, Hiragana and English before reaching a particular station, so it'll help if you can read Hiragana.
- Toilet :sweat:
- Information booth staff can speak in English (in major stations), so no need to ask "Eigo ga hanasemasu ka".

Negative
-We went to a restaurant in Shibuya, and I'm not sure if it didn't have a separate part for those who'd like to smoke or if my uncle just forgot to say that we'd prefer to be in the non-smoking area. Some people will also smoke in no-smoking areas as long as they know that they won't be caught. But at least it's not as bad as it was in the Philippines before.

a. Racism/xenophoia
- I mostly experienced/observed this when I was with my mom (who kind of looks like a westerner). People would avoid seating beside her inside the train. They'd also cover their nose when they pass by her on the streets. Not sure if it's because of her perfume, or if it's because she doesn't look like she's Japanese. They'd also avoid seating beside me once they find out that I'm with her.
- I only experienced this 3 times. First was in the train. There were three empty seats to my left. An old lady sat two seats to my left. Probably for personal space, which I get. Then there were two girls, who then sat beside the old lady. I was reading a sports blog in English during the trip. Two minutes after the old lady left, the girl on the leftmost motioned her friend (seated beside me) to seat beside her instead.
- The other 2 were in the airport. I was using a newly bought bag (which of course had the smell that it was new). There was a lady, probably 26-34 y/o, who faked a cough in my direction. This apparently means "You smell, get away from me". In my mind, I was saying 'WTF, don't 'ya even know the smell of a new item!'. And then when she was walking with her friend, she was saying "atsui, atsui", when it was cold. She's implying that it smells like sweat. People sweat when it's hot, right? I was like (in my mind), "Don't you know the difference between the smell of a new item and sweat?!?!". :facepalm:
- Apparently, they also do the fake cough to signal that there's a non-Japanese in the vicinity. I noticed it when we were boarding the plane, and then there were 3 Indians (or maybe people from the EMEIA region) in front of me and the Japanese lady (airport crew) coughed once when they were about 2-4 meters away from her. Was that a signal for me?

Other comments/suggestions
- Don't forget to check the typical humidity (not just the temperature and weather) for the month/weeks that you'll be in Japan. I went there last week, expecting rain. Which I thought would mean that it'd be cold, but it was too humid even when raining.
- Do NOT try to explore the Shibuya and Shinjuku stations. I tried doing this and ended up in Kabukicho :bigmouth: . Good thing, it was still 11 in the morning. Just go straight to the exit/platform of your destination.
- If you want to experience an onsen/hot spring, don't go to the onsen theme park in Hakone. The kids are too noisy, and there were two ladies who were obviously waiting to be Nampa'd when we went there.
- Someone suggested to me the hot springs in Atami, and another hot spring further up the mountain which has a shrine.
- It should be obvious, but don't follow any touts in Kabukicho. You can just tell them to stop using your hand. If you just ignore them (usually recommended online), they'd apparently just follow you for two blocks or so.
- Google translate is better at translating JP to ENG compared to ENG-JP
- Still envious of their school uniforms and skin

We went to Ginza, Shibuya (not much people on the crossroad :cheer: ) and Asakusa on our first day.

The following day, we had a trip to Shizuoka. I saw a pretty girl in Kakegawa station (who kinda looked like one *V actress). I thought we were going to be in the same cabin, but my mom and uncle went to a different one... :sad:

In order to go to Odaiba, we just took the Rinkai Line from Shinjuku. There's a wax museum, port, the Gundam (still being built), and Fuji TV station. There's a shop in the Fuji TV which featured items from DragonBall, One Piece and Saekano. They also have a room for idol events. My mom couldn't believe that most of the people inside were guys who looked like they were in their 30's/40's.

Akihabara is Akihabara. I tried buying something from Mandarake and the staff was surprised and told me that they don't have that there. I guess, I look young even to the Japanese.
Currently Playing
PS4:
PSV:
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Just applied for Japan tourist visa. Sana ma-approve. :pray: