The NBA Thread

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

This would have been the one game that i think the spurs could have stolen. But the kawhi injury led to that monster run by the warriors. Hopefully kawhi recovers.

Great gameplan by the spurs to start, they are going to try to pound the ball inside amd beat golden state up. Its going to be hard to execute if the spurs dont have kawhi since there is no other playmaker out there.
DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sana makabalik si Kawhi sa game 2.....They almost upset the Super Megaforce kanina...
Everybody wants Happiness, Nobody wants Pain...
But you can't have a Rainbow, without a little Rain....

Wrestling/Handheld Games/Horror/Zombie Films/Paranormal/Basketball Shoes/Body Building

Gameboy/Nintendo DS/PSP/Nintendo 3DS
FC: 1934-0903-9050
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

sayang pinakawalan ng spurs yung chance na wag ma sweep.. sayang kasi "absent" kanina si dray and klay.. kaso na negate ng dirty play ni zaza b!tchulia.. dapat silain na NBA yan sa remainder ng post season.. and perhaps iinvestigate if sariling decision or may nagutos sa kanya gawin.. kapal pa ng mukhang ideny yung tawag kitang kita naman na sinadya niya iharang yung paa sa landing spot ni kawhi..
charliedrama
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: charliedrama21

Highly doubtful someone would have told him that, pero pareho sila ni draymond ng modus.

Hopefully lumaban pa rin spurs with the same fight na pinakita nila sa houston.

And dammit Aldridge someone needs to put out an APB on him again! I appreciate the effort and the production pero pag nakikita mong sayo binibigay ng mga rookie at inexperienced players yung bola, it means they are asking you to bail them out. Stephen needs to call this guy out again in first take because it seems to work whenever he calls him out in his show. Gasol too!

Hats off to manu. Patay kung patay, take-no-prisoners attitude pa rin kahit pigang piga na. And also kay simmons, murray at kyle anderson.
ADD ME UP! :)

parokyano
LeBronista

charliedrama wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 8:53 am Highly doubtful someone would have told him that, pero pareho sila ni draymond ng modus.

And dammit Aldridge someone needs to put out an APB on him again! I appreciate the effort and the production pero pag nakikita mong sayo binibigay ng mga rookie at inexperienced players yung bola, it means they are asking you to bail them out. Stephen needs to call this guy out again in first take because it seems to work whenever he calls him out in his show. Gasol too!

Hats off to manu. Patay kung patay, take-no-prisoners attitude pa rin kahit pigang piga na. And also kay simmons, murray at kyle anderson.
malay mo si draymond nag utos.. :bigmouth:

probably just salty with the dirty play.. kita naman kasi na kontrolado niya yung momentum niya.. and good na yung challenge.. tapos bigla pa hinakbang yung paa papunta sa spot ni kawhi.. mas napansin talaga pagiging kups ni zaza ng nalipat sa dubs..
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I personally don't think zaza is a dirty player, much like i don't think al horford (who had a similar contest on morris) is a dirty player either. I think Bruce Bowen did that intentionally and he's the only guy i could think of that made that play dirty.

But unfortunately, with the way the nba is now, and how threes are being shot, sometimes guys just don't pay attention to the type of contests that people make.

If I were the spurs, I'd rest kawhi (since sunday pa ang game 3), make sure he gets back to as close as 100 percent as possible, and take care of home court.
charliedrama
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

parokyano wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 9:25 am
charliedrama wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 8:53 am Highly doubtful someone would have told him that, pero pareho sila ni draymond ng modus.

malay mo si draymond nag utos.. :bigmouth:

probably just salty with the dirty play.. kita naman kasi na kontrolado niya yung momentum niya.. and good na yung challenge.. tapos bigla pa hinakbang yung paa papunta sa spot ni kawhi.. mas napansin talaga pagiging kups ni zaza ng nalipat sa dubs..
Nyahahaha probabaly. I liked zaz when he was with the mavs pero i never condone this type of play form any player. But i do believe the play itself was dirty. Clear na clear na he took an extra step towards the landing spot.

You know whats funny, kahit masuspend si zaza it wouldnt make a difference.

Edit: nagaantay ako buong playoffs na for draymond to do something. He probably has too much respect for the spurs to do any of the cheap stuff he did during last year. I think he only has two techs after today, he has "money in the bank" he can cash in for a later day in the playoffs. And i think he's actually saving it for the finals

parokyano
LeBronista

ron_bato wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 10:35 am I personally don't think zaza is a dirty player, much like i don't think al horford (who had a similar contest on morris) is a dirty player either. I think Bruce Bowen did that intentionally and he's the only guy i could think of that made that play dirty.

But unfortunately, with the way the nba is now, and how threes are being shot, sometimes guys just don't pay attention to the type of contests that people make.

If I were the spurs, I'd rest kawhi (since sunday pa ang game 3), make sure he gets back to as close as 100 percent as possible, and take care of home court.
for me lang dirty player or not.. that play with kawhi is dirty.. i watched the replay of the said play multiple times.. ok na sana yung challenge.. it was legit na sana.. but like what charlie mentioned.. he took an extra step pa.. and actually hindi si kawhi yung nakatapak ng paa.. si zaza yung tumapak sa paa ni kawhi.. buti na lang classy talaga si kawhi na hindi na nag call out kay zaza and para di rin magmukhang gumagawa siya ng excuse..

though hindi ko din makakalimutan yung mga mapanakit na plays ni zaza before this.. like yung elbow kay mirotic.. then yung elbow sa ulo ni patty mills during a boxout play.. and this year lang yung elbow niya kay WB tapos may kasama pang staredown while parang tinupi sa floor si WB..
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

parokyano wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 2:01 pm
for me lang dirty player or not.. that play with kawhi is dirty.. i watched the replay of the said play multiple times.. ok na sana yung challenge.. it was legit na sana.. but like what charlie mentioned.. he took an extra step pa.. and actually hindi si kawhi yung nakatapak ng paa.. si zaza yung tumapak sa paa ni kawhi.. buti na lang classy talaga si kawhi na hindi na nag call out kay zaza and para di rin magmukhang gumagawa siya ng excuse..

though hindi ko din makakalimutan yung mga mapanakit na plays ni zaza before this.. like yung elbow kay mirotic.. then yung elbow sa ulo ni patty mills during a boxout play.. and this year lang yung elbow niya kay WB tapos may kasama pang staredown while parang tinupi sa floor si WB..
I'm not one to judge, but that's just the way shot contests are in this era where people try to not give air space to three point shooters. It's something that I feel that refs should target more, especially since it's a dangerous play, but it happens all around the leage now.

I was looking at highlights earlier today, and Steph was subject to the same type of contests for the spurs too. Steph was just fortunate that he didn't roll his ankle in either situation.

1. Against Pau (Pau stepping forward to invade Steph's landing spot)

2. Worse against LMA (where steph actually fell after)
parokyano
LeBronista

tignan ko later yung videos.. sometimes kasi may tendency si curry to fake then lean towards the defender trying to fish for a call.. and can't tell if nadala ng momentum yung defender unlike sa ginawa ni zaza na may legit challenge but took another step pa.. and yung tira ni kawhi is not a straight pull up or leaner towards the defender.. but instead pa fadeaway siya..

though i admit that unlike here in the philippines hindi sila masyado mahigpit diyan since dito automatic flagrant foul may contact man or wala basta na occupy yung landing space ng shooter.. and I think it's because of the fiba rules na ginagamit din natin dito..
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ Yup, agreed. It's unfortunate, I think it wasn't dirty per se, but it was a dangerous play to make. Either way, I hope Kawhi proves healthy enough, because otherwise, it would take away from what is looking to be a fantastic series.

I do think that players need to be protected more from these fouls. An automatic flagrant for the 'step into your landing spot' contest should be assessed because it's a really dangerous play.
parokyano
LeBronista

nakakainip na more than 1 week walang laro ang cavs.. but it's good na 2 days naging pahinga ng wiz and celts for game 7 para fresh sila kahit papaano.. sana neck to neck ulit ito just like game 6.. though that "all black.. funeral game" stunt by the celtics last weekend kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.. i'm aware the wiz did it first during a regular season game against the celts.. just can't believe isiah and his crew did the same stunt specially may nangyaring tragedy sa family ni IT.. parang ang insensitive ng dating..
parokyano
LeBronista

Congrats Celts.. overall a good series medyo sayang lang aga naubusan ni wall and credit sa defense ng Cs na hindi na siya pinayahan makakuha ng rhythm by not letting him drive inside..
charliedrama
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ganda ng game, kinapos lang zards. Nothing to be ashamed of if youre one of the wizards, they do need to reload that bench though. Jennings was an awful signing and did not do #@*^ for them. They need a back up point guard and a center. Kelly oubre will get better and so will otto porter.

Greay team effort by c's. Aside from olynk who did play the game of his life, lahat nung c's sa loob may kanya kanyang moments tapos you know everything is going good for you when you have marcus smart knocking down threes.

Still the biggest difference maker is lebron. Gentleman's sweep or 6 games for the cavs imo.

eynjel18
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Cavs in 5. Makakaisa Celtics sa Game 2.
Loneliness has followed me my whole life. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.
DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

good series after all....Nice...Now bring on the Cavs...

Wrestling/Handheld Games/Horror/Zombie Films/Paranormal/Basketball Shoes/Body Building

ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Celtics, Lakers, 76ers (via Kings) yung top 3 sa draft. :lol: Pheonix talo :lol:

Yung third pick dapat sa kings, but via the Stauskass, Thompson, and Landry salary dump trade (to get the Kings money to sign Rondo) nag pick swap sila :lol:

Sam Hinkie keeps winning lol.
parokyano
LeBronista

Malas nanaman ng Dallas.. hindi pa kasi pinatalo yung last game against Memphis..
Last edited by parokyano on Thu May 18, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
charliedrama
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Im utterly ashamed of lamarcus aldridge's play today and gasol's days are behind him. Not making a difference on both ends, not playing with resistance on defense. I hope P&TFO trade him in the offseason

DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Bawi sa game 3...Sana...

And the Boston Celtics will select........................................