The NBA Thread

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
jmsv
Silverload
Silverload

Your bet for mvp is??

LAKERS SUCKS!

You Miss 100% of the Shots You Never Take
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

My MVP rankings
Harden
LeBron
Curry
Westbrook

Kung pasok lang sa top 4 ang OKC while ganito nilalaro ni WB, i'll give him the MVP..
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Harden vs Curry na yan.. Not putting out LBJ pero.. Late surge na Cavs eh.. Rockets and Warriors are having a great season right off the bat.
But if the Cavs manage to be on top and be consistent all out, then better chances LBJ will be MVP.
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

jmsv wrote:Your bet for mvp is??
Westbrook! Sana siya MVP para first time since 1957 (Bob Cousy) and 1958 (Bill Russell) na may back-to-back MVP from the same team but different player! :bball: :win:
flipsflops wrote:
Solemn_In_Berlin wrote: Matthews looks like he sustained an Achilles injury. Please no.
He's out for a year. A big blow for the Blazers losing one of their best two-way player.
Goodbye Blazers' championship hopes for this year.
flipsflops
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: flipsflops

skp_16 wrote: Goodbye Blazers' championship hopes for this year.
They still got Arron Afflalo. If he can manage to bring back his Orlando Magic plays, they'll be fine.

The Otto Porter defense has got to be the most hilarious play I've seen on Shaqtin'
白線の内側に下がってお待ちください
parokyano
LeBronista

another disappointing performance by lebron.. :facepalm:
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Solemn_In_Berlin

flipsflops wrote:
skp_16 wrote: Goodbye Blazers' championship hopes for this year.
They still got Arron Afflalo. If he can manage to bring back his Orlando Magic plays, they'll be fine.
Afflalo was brought in to bolster the bench. With Matthews out, you'd think that he'd be inserted into the lineup. So, they need to fortify the bench again to truly contend.

Harden with a triple-double. He wants that MVP trophy as much as Westbrook does.
Current Top 5:

Digimon World: Next Order - Torment: Tides of Numenera - The Endless Cylinder - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Persona 5

All Time Top 5:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Dark Cloud 2 - Deus Ex - Final Fantasy VI - Bloodborne
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Nakakainis naman itong Bulls! Nakikisabay sa talo ng Cavs! :facepalm: :banghead:
DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Hawks are cementing their number 1 status over their win sa Cavs.....

Kyle Korver FTW!
Everybody wants Happiness, Nobody wants Pain...
But you can't have a Rainbow, without a little Rain....

Wrestling/Handheld Games/Horror/Zombie Films/Paranormal/Basketball Shoes/Body Building

Gameboy/Nintendo DS/PSP/Nintendo 3DS
FC: 1934-0903-9050
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I will feel sad for the Hawks and Warriors if they won't make it to the finals. As of now, they deserve a shot for the title.
parokyano
LeBronista

Nakaka bwisit talaga si lebron kanina.. sabi ko na nga ba masamang pangitain yung sinabi niya na he'll protect his self from those flagrant fouls.. naging p*ssy.. :facepalm:

I believe pa naman na they are the best team in the NBA na since nung na rejuvinate siya mid january.. i believed maning mani na sa kanila ang Hawks.. pero now magulo nanaman dahil sa current mentality ni Bron.. langya dalawang flagrant lang na kung ikukumpara sa ginawa ng pistons kay MJ dati eh parang pitik lang yung ginawa ni Harden and valanciunas sa kanya.. 2 time champion ka na, tsaka ka pa magiging pussy sa contacts.. :facepalm:
Darkshader
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Told you guys the Hawks are legit ... ayaw ninyo maniwala eh hahaha ... kala ninyo tsamba mga panalo nila.
PSN ID: Darkshader

Gamer/Toy Collector
parokyano
LeBronista

If I remember correctly ikaw yung nang maliit sa kanila dati and nagyabang and said something like "rude awakening" na gagawin ng warriors mo sa kanila.. then nung sumadsad ang warriors tsaka mo sila dineklara as "for real".. Eh while kami matagal ng napansin na legit contender sila, ikaw inaccept mo lang nung tinalo team mo.. and btw malakas ang warriors, pero hindi sila ang benchmark kung gaanong ka "legit" ang isang team dahil tinalo sila and dahil they hold the best record in the league..
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Darkshader wrote:Im a hawk believer now. Sorry but after seeing the hawks game tonight, they can beat any western team.. Hindi fluke panalo nila ... taas ng percentage nila sa 3pts ... dami nilang shooters kahit sa bench.

Scott is the one who killed the warriors tonight. Damn this guy scored 18pts and 3 out 3 sa 3pts. Quick release pa mga tira niya. Siya din nag maintain ng 10pts lead ng hawks.

Gusto ko makita kung uubra ang hawks sa oracle arena.
After this post, we talked about a lot of things. We talked about Zach LaVine's dunk party, the wild trade deadline, Derrick Rose's latest injury, Westbrook's legendary play, Battle for the 8th seed etc. The Hawks being pretenders were not one of those teams.

You told yourself that the Hawks are legit. They've been darlings here even before you believed in them. Remember, you're a Dubs homer, not a Hawks one.
Current Top 5:

Digimon World: Next Order - Torment: Tides of Numenera - The Endless Cylinder - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Persona 5

All Time Top 5:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Dark Cloud 2 - Deus Ex - Final Fantasy VI - Bloodborne
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Darkshader wrote:Told you guys the Hawks are legit ... ayaw ninyo maniwala eh hahaha ... kala ninyo tsamba mga panalo nila.
No one said this ever. :lol: Bago pa nila matalo Warriors marami na nagsasabi na for real ang Atlanta (I'm still not ready to declare them the Eastern Conference champions -- but I certainly favor them more now that the Bulls are having major health issues).

Na bilib ka lang sa Hawks after nung Feb 6 game nila, at that point they were already rolling on the league for months.
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

The "real" MVP changes every week so let's talk about the other awards:

Defensive Player of the Year: Another tough one. I can't decide between Marc Gasol, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and Tim Duncan.
Coach of the Year: Mike Budenholzer, Atlanta Hawks.
Executive of the Year: Pat Riley, Miami Heat. Goran Dragic, Luol Deng, and of course, Hassan Whiteside.
Rookie of the Year: Andrew Wiggins
6th Man of the Year: Isaiah Thomas
Most Improved Player: Hassan Whiteside. Maybe Jimmy Butler but it'll depend on how much time he'll miss.
Current Top 5:

All Time Top 5:

parokyano
LeBronista

I would like to add Kyrie to the DPOY discussion.. di ko alam kung ilan SPG.. pero his on ball D improved a lot.. na limit niya si cp3, lillard, curry, wall, and i think even wb had a hard time against kyrie..

As for executive of the year.. LeBron James perhaps? He got Love, Marion, JJ, Mike Miller, JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, and Mozgov to play for the Cavs.. :lol: Pero to be serious, David Griffin did a good job..

Coach of the Year: Budenholzer.. Kerr did great pero tama nga naman na malakas na ang Warriors when he got the position..

MIP: Whiteside took me by surprise but I believe Butler got this one..

ROY: Andrew Wiggins.. sayang si Parker.. parang nagsisimula na din makapag adjust sa pro league.. then biglang out for the season..
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

parokyano wrote: As for executive of the year.. LeBron James perhaps? He got Love, Marion, JJ, Mike Miller, JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, and Mozgov to play for the Cavs.. :lol: Pero to be serious, David Griffin did a good job..
I agree with David Griffin. I don't know how you top getting Lebron and Love in the same off-season, then course-correcting mid-year to get Timofey Mozgov, Iman Shumpert, and JR Smith to significantly increase their chances at making a serious run this year.
jmsv
Silverload
Silverload

Nice one atlanta!!! Hawks talaga ako, matagal na!! Chance na nila ngayon... go hawks go!!! Hahaha! :grin:

LAKERS SUCKS!

You Miss 100% of the Shots You Never Take
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ano nangyayari sa Raptors at Wizards? Fixed yata ito para maging #2 sa East sa Cavs! :banghead: :facepalm: