Boxing Thread

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Pacquaio - Floyd 2....I don't think there will be any difference from the previous fight. I think PBF will still be as technical as he was and I'm not even sure if Pac would even be as fast now as he was then. If it ever happens, I do hope he gets a win against PBF pero at this point lalo na dahil kahit papano may effect na din yung rotator cuff tear niya sa style niya, the chances are pretty slim.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

at least sa fight na ito na entertain and nabuhay ng konti mga boxing and fight fans.. maganda legacy ni manny.. kay pbf aside sa perfect record maaalala siya ng karamihan as the guy who killed the sport..
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

I don't think Pac's legacy was ever in question...even during the twilight years of his career and even after suffering really bad losses, he will always be remembered as one of the best boxers of this century. PBF will always rank as one of the most successful boxers but I doubt that he will be as cherished by the boxing fans as much as Manny will. But for every good story, it will always need a good anti-hero and I think PBF fits that role perfectly in terms of boxing and I think even he knows that.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
parokyano
LeBronista

oh sorry.. that post was a reply sana to deathzero.. di ko na siya na qoute.. did not saw your post before i posted mine
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Ayos lang yun. ;)
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

So does that mean the Technical Boxing Style can kill the excitement nature of the sport?
So will this encourage future boxers not to use this style anymore?
How is a boxing style being determined for a boxer to utilize?
May kinababagayan bang boxer or the boxer will choose his own style?
parokyano
LeBronista

I like how floyd fought canelo.. not too much running and clinching.. it was entertaining how he picked him apart using his shoulder roll and counter punching.. people accused him n he killed the sport because of how he fought pacquiao.. he run too much and clinched a lot.. and in his final fight he chose the safe choice in fighting andre berto to match rocky marciano's perfect record.. and guess what? para maka sure win tinakbuhan din ng tinakbuhan si berto.. two historical fight na mayweather chose to fight "casually"..

nonito is a technical fighter pero exciting panoorin.. jmm is a technical boxer.. pero depende sa kung sino kalaban niya.. ay masarap din panoorin..
tekniqs
Tail of the Sun
Tail of the Sun
PSN ID: tekniqszors

Seraph011 wrote:the chances are pretty slim.
it was always slim
parokyano
LeBronista

tekniqs wrote:
Seraph011 wrote:the chances are pretty slim.
it was always slim
Not if floyd stop being a cheap boxer..
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^wala eh. Ganun na talaga si Floyd. "Safe" Style of Boxing. Wala nga siyang KO punch eh. Less power pero accurate Hit & Run. Sabi nga ni Evander, si Floyd ang naka-exploit ng loophole rule ng boxing. Just hit and don't get hit. Ganun lang. :lol:
tekniqs
Tail of the Sun
Tail of the Sun

parokyano wrote:
tekniqs wrote: it was always slim
so if floyd didn't actually use his boxing prowess, Pacquiao would have a better chance to win?

gotcha
tekniqs
Tail of the Sun
Tail of the Sun

deathzero23 wrote:^wala eh. Ganun na talaga si Floyd. "Safe" Style of Boxing. Wala nga siyang KO punch eh. Less power pero accurate Hit & Run. Sabi nga ni Evander, si Floyd ang naka-exploit ng loophole rule ng boxing. Just hit and don't get hit. Ganun lang. :lol:
uhhh isn't thas what the "sweet science" is all about? the art of hitting but not getting hit.
parokyano
LeBronista

ang science is when he moves around his opponent and evade the punches parry them with his head movement and shoulder roll.. pero there's no "sweet science" when he turn his back on his opponent and then nagtatakbo.. :lol:
parokyano
LeBronista

tekniqs wrote:
parokyano wrote:
so if floyd didn't actually use his boxing prowess, Pacquiao would have a better chance to win?

gotcha
so you're admitting the floyd's "boxing prowess" is cheap?

checkmate.. :lol:
tekniqs
Tail of the Sun
Tail of the Sun

parokyano wrote:
tekniqs wrote:

gotcha
so you're admitting the floyd's "boxing prowess" is cheap?

checkmate.. :lol:
nope. considering he threw more and landed more, maybe Pacquiao should have "ran more" as well. He might have had more success lol

it's only considered "cheap" to people who don't like the guy.
parokyano
LeBronista

that's what you called partida.. remember manny fighting with one arm becsuse of an injured shoulder.. imagine if he's shoulder was healthy then easily you can double or triple the amount of punches he throwned and landed.. and you know i don't hate floyd.. i'm a fan oh his skills.. but that's when i get mad at him.. when he betrays his own talent and goes for cheap boxing just to secure a victory..
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^add to the fact that floyd clinched the injured right shoulder. I don't see sweet science on that.
I like floyd when he evades and shoulder rolls. He avoids all forms of slugfest at all costs. That's where Evander's point is. Floyd exploited the basic rule of boxing to the point it's not exciting. How come there are technical boxers that are still exciting watch compared to him? He could be that kind of boxer. Technical yet exciting.
parokyano
LeBronista

I don't know why hype na hype sa sarili niyang bilis si Khan.. eh dapat tinitignan niya yung glass chin niya.. :lol:
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

RIP Muhammad Ali..
http://www.people.com/people/mobile/art ... _peoplemag
Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali Has Died at 74
:(
pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: pogzz505

Crawford vs Postol inantok ako...
PSN ID: pogzz505

God can take care & provide for me and my family better than I can..