Headphones Thread

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: DonKB-PSX

These are the ones I am currently using...

TOP: Grado Labs SR225i - Bought this one sa EggHead Robinson's Galleria. This is my primary "go-to" cans kapag makikinig ng music at maglalaro ng console games, pero kailangan ko palitan yung "padding". (My fault actually, not the headphone's durability)

BOTTOM LEFT: Lightning EarPods - This one came with my iPhone 7 Plus. OK naman sound quality at hindi naman nakaka-stress. Pero parang malalaglag sa tainga ko. :-P

BOTTOM MIDDLE: Philips SHE7000 - Nabili lang sa SM Appliance for less than P1k yata. Sound signature is somewhat similar to the EarPods but with a slightly harsher treble but a slightly better base / lows. Still a decent all-arounder for a budget earplug.

BOTTOM RIGHT: Sony MDR-XB50AP - Got this sa Sony Store sa Glorietta Makati. (almost P2k) While the base can be a bit "boomy" for my taste and the mids is a bit recessed, I really like the sound quality on this one. :) Ito rin gamit ko kapag naglalaro ng 3DS games na masakit sa tainga gawa ng gumagamit ng low-sample rate speech (I'm looking at you Bravely Default! :lol:)

Nagkaroon din ako dati ng Marshall Major. Another good headphone that also puts emphasis on the base pero gave that one away to my pamangkin. Maganda rin sa movies. Ramdam minsan yung pagyanig. :lol:

Your friendly neighborhood, generic bald and filthy casual gamer

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
PS4 "Amateur" (CUH-1106A) - June 5, 2015 to Present
PS5 - June 18, 2022 to Present
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

I've been meaning to buy a headphone too but 1 week na ako nagreresearch eh wala ako magustuhan. It happens to me lalo na pag more than 2k+ yung budget for anything. My budget is 3-3.5k. I don't want a gaming headphone since I read they are crappy anyway.

For headphones eh it's hard to pick kung pictures lang but that's all I have going for me at limited lang choices ko sa Laoag. Not really an audiophile so I guess I won't hear much difference but my friend gave me a used and cheap over ear headphones and it's noticeably better than my 1k philips in ear headphones. The cups are small though and I want something where my ears can move around.

Locally, my choices are a 3k Philip headphone, asus cerberus and a Logitec gaming headset that I can see have really spacious cups.. I can order online but again, it's hard to tell which is good by images alone and the specs are very much the same. I'm learning more about audio and my overall impression is I hate researching it.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

i personally stopped using my sony headphones and instead I switched to using an iphone earphones...mas prominent at mas malakas ang sound para sa kin.
**** ****!
sic001
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal
PSN ID: kenet_jose

Anyone here who owns a JBL Reflect mini wired Sports headphone?

Tumagal ba sa inyo? Balak ko sana bumili kaso madali daw masira sabi sa reviews
PSN (US): kenet_jose
PSN (SG): kenjose
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

^^ parang yung nabili kong earphone sa cd-r king. ginamit ko pang fun run. alam ko gumagana pa naman. baka matibay din yang jbl. :sweat:

yung 1k philips headphones ko dati ang madaling masira kasi madaling mahatak yung cable. medyo mahina lang ang labas ng sound kaya kailangan ko lakasan ang volume. mas malakas na volume kumpara pag earphone lang ang gamit ko.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
sib
Beyond the Beyond
Beyond the Beyond

Ok, so I've only used the Pulse Elite when listening to music on my PC for the past 3 years or so. I want something that I can use in public. And please don't tell me to just use the Gold headset, since the Elite sounds better in gaming and music.

I tried out an M50x from Audio Technica and the difference in sound quality between it and the Playstation Pulse Elite (when wired) isn't that much. Tried the MSR7 after that and it's definitely better than the M50x, but it's like there's only a slight improvement over the Elite (when wireless).

I had to put my phone's volume somewhere between 70-%80% for the M50x and 90% to full for the MSR7 for me to like the music.

I almost bought the MSR7, but then I realized that the jump in sound quality (coming from the Pulse Elite) isn't that big to what I was expecting.
Currently Playing
PS4:
PSV:
PC: Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps-, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I bought a closed headphone made by Audio Technica last December, it's the most expensive headphone I own and I was amazed on how awesome the music was.

My in-ear Phillips headphone I use when outside broke last week so I bought a 1k new AT in-ear one as a temporary replacement since gusto ko yung Shure na may detachable cable pag may budget next time.

Unfortunately, yung bagong 1k AT eh kinda crappy yung audio. Malakas lahat except yung vocal. Nadrodrown yung vocals. I'll just save and papalitan ko comes December.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

planning to buy a new headset din pero nakuntento na ko sa iphone earphones hehe... :sweat:
**** ****!
sib
Beyond the Beyond
Beyond the Beyond

I bought the Audio Technica MSR7, and I probably should have bought one when I was in Japan.

I've been using it for two weeks. It sounds good on my PC. The software I use is foobar2000 and MPC-HC when I don't want to hear that much bass. Using it also led me into realizing that my phone probably isn't that good as a music player. I've already tried different apps. I'll probably buy a DAC+Amp or a portable player (that's not an iPod) next.
Currently Playing
PS4:
PSV:
PC: Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps-, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Not really about headphones per se, but warning sa pag gamit ng mga ito ng matagalan at malakas pa masyado volume. :)

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: chard_newfag

Guilty of listening at a quite loud volume. Though its usually only for an hour or a bit more.

Now Playing: Tekken 7, Gwent: Homecoming (PC), Detroit: Become Human (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

"Substance over style, quality over quantity, practicality over idealism."
sib
Beyond the Beyond
Beyond the Beyond

Is there a headphone where ballad, piano & strings, female vocals, metalcore and post-hardcore sound good or do I need a separate headphone for rock songs?

The first three sound good on the MSR7, but it's just not suited for rock, unless the mixing is good (e.g. Dance Like Mad by NoisyCell)
Currently Playing
PS4:
PSV:
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Very informative video for those in the market for wireless earphones... :)

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I feel like I go through 2 headphones a year. The current one just broke today. I need some advice.

My preference is in-ear headphones. I use it regularly to listen to music and podcasts. The prices of what I buy are usually around 700-900. I was wondering if buying a bit more expensive one would help (since quality usually comes with a price or I'm just going to go through it the same.)

My favorite is Audio-technica but there's not much choices here. It's like distribution to the Philippines stopped or something. There hasn't been anything new for the past 2 years (at least in Lazada, anyway)

I've tried Sennheiser but my experience isn't that good. Was it just bad luck? Should I try again? It was incredibly comfortable but the one I bought has the audio lacking.

I tried Sony but it's been a while and I don't really remember anything good or bad about it. I think the problem is that is has cheap one then it skips the sweet price spot and jump right to the pricier ones.

Other brands, perhaps?

I can't shop in person. There's not much choices where I am far far north so the only option I have when looking at..er.. options are to go online.
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon

Oink McOink wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:09 pm My preference is in-ear headphones. I use it regularly to listen to music and podcasts. The prices of what I buy are usually around 700-900. I was wondering if buying a bit more expensive one would help (since quality usually comes with a price or I'm just going to go through it the same.)
In-ear headphones you mean IEMs? The tiny devices with rubber tips that you insert to your ears, not the large ones that rests at the outside of your ears.

Assuming its the former. If you'll stick to your budget then right now I can only recommend you budget China brands like KZ which according to feedbacks that I read, sounds above their price value. Cannot help you on their build quality and durability since I don't own one, but most of their models have removable cables (and its usually the first to break on the item). I can suggest you something better if you wish to raise your budget and what type of music you're listening.

Now Playing: Tekken 7, Gwent: Homecoming (PC), Detroit: Become Human (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I've been using these Sony MDR-XB50AP (scroll up a bit if you want to see how it looks) for more than 2 years now. Still works. But I don't know if I just got "lucky". Also, I am not sure if you'll like the sound signature as it's on the "bass-y" side and it cost me a little less than P2,000. Surprisingly enough for me, the wired Lightning EarPods that came with my iPhone 7+ (which I got two years ago) also still works.

As for the Philips SHE7000, they sound fine for the price but I've been through 2 of those in less than two years, sooo.... Yeah, not recommended when it comes to durability as the wires are VERY thin. Like ChardPurple mentioned, the wires are the ones that will break first. My guess is to find an IEM with wires that aren't too thin. Though, that is still not guaranteed. Perhaps get a bluetooth headphone? As you may have guessed, they will cost more, and when the built-in battery dies.... :lol:

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

DonKB-PSX wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:52 pm I've been using these Sony MDR-XB50AP (scroll up a bit if you want to see how it looks) for more than 2 years now. Still works. But I don't know if I just got "lucky". Also, I am not sure if you'll like the sound signature as it's on the "bass-y" side and it cost me a little less than P2,000. Surprisingly enough for me, the wired Lightning EarPods that came with my iPhone 7+ (which I got two years ago) also still works.

As for the Philips SHE7000, they sound fine for the price but I've been through 2 of those in less than two years, sooo.... Yeah, not recommended when it comes to durability as the wires are VERY thin. Like ChardPurple mentioned, the wires are the ones that will break first. My guess is to find an IEM with wires that aren't too thin. Though, that is still not guaranteed. Perhaps get a bluetooth headphone? As you may have guessed, they will cost more, and when the built-in battery dies.... :lol:
Can't seem to find the Sony one with that price tag, around 3.5k nakikita ko, I might be looked at a different thing. Puro Philips unang headphones ko nun, what I liked about it nun eh you can tell alin ang kanan at kaliwa kahit di ka natingin, pero yeah, madali masira kaya looking sa ibang brand.
ChardPurple wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:48 pm In-ear headphones you mean IEMs? The tiny devices with rubber tips that you insert to your ears, not the large ones that rests at the outside of your ears.

Assuming its the former. If you'll stick to your budget then right now I can only recommend you budget China brands like KZ which according to feedbacks that I read, sounds above their price value. Cannot help you on their build quality and durability since I don't own one, but most of their models have removable cables (and its usually the first to break on the item). I can suggest you something better if you wish to raise your budget and what type of music you're listening.
Thanks for the suggestion. Kept seeing the KZ brand pero akala ko eh yung mga cheap na sinalpak lang sa China and nilagyan ng random letters para lang may pangalan. Did some research and surprised that legit headphone company. I've known about detachable cables but mahal kasi and it's still a gamble kung tatagal sa akin, lalo na yung Shure SE215 na almost 6k. Check KZ and their premium one, the most expensive is AS10 which is around 2.5k, mura pa din para sa pinakamahal nila. I was about to buy it pero the last review video that I saw eh pinakita ng reviewer na suot na and good lord that thing is HUGE! I can't wear something like that outside, para akong magdidirect ng space flight with it. Ahahaha Anyway, decided to gamble with KZ KS6 with is smaller body but also has a detachable cable. If it does go well, I guess I'll consider going for the Shure SE215 next time.
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon

Oink McOink wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:07 am Thanks for the suggestion. Kept seeing the KZ brand pero akala ko eh yung mga cheap na sinalpak lang sa China and nilagyan ng random letters para lang may pangalan. Did some research and surprised that legit headphone company. I've known about detachable cables but mahal kasi and it's still a gamble kung tatagal sa akin, lalo na yung Shure SE215 na almost 6k. Check KZ and their premium one, the most expensive is AS10 which is around 2.5k, mura pa din para sa pinakamahal nila. I was about to buy it pero the last review video that I saw eh pinakita ng reviewer na suot na and good lord that thing is HUGE! I can't wear something like that outside, para akong magdidirect ng space flight with it. Ahahaha Anyway, decided to gamble with KZ KS6 with is smaller body but also has a detachable cable. If it does go well, I guess I'll consider going for the Shure SE215 next time.
Good choice. Its one of the two KZ models that I liked, the other one is an old model KZ ATE.

I suggest look for other IEMs instead of SE215 if you want to invest a bit, its kinda "old" unless its very comfortable and you're big on isolation and its "dark" tuning. Take a look on Ibasso IT01 or Dunu Titan 3/5 among others.

DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

The State of True Wireless Earbuds at IFA 2019: Now is a great time to buy one

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage