what's your religion?

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

sabi ko na ba.... pwede ka ng maging pari kahit may asawa.
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
choy
hype lang
PSN ID: choyPSX

SirZap wrote:sabi ko na ba.... pwede ka ng maging pari kahit may asawa.
it's not about that. i think mas consistent ang turo nila with Christianity in the first 1000 years
<( )> You have earned a trophy.
_/ \_ Hype lang yan

All form, no substance

Currently playing Gran Turismo 5
Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme
PSN ID: Fantasy_GamerX

Orthodox yung black ang suot at mahahaba ang beard, di ba?

"A SOLDIER First Class performs above and beyond the call of duty at all times." --- Angeal Hewley, CCFFVII
Lawyer • Gamer • Lover • Father
PototoyPwets
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ano pinagkaiba nun sa catholic?
US PSN ID: pototoypwets
EU PSN ID: Pototoyski_uae
"Your best Final Fantasy is the one you played first"
choy
hype lang

PototoyPwets wrote:ano pinagkaiba nun sa catholic?
marami, but essentially we do not follow the Pope.

http://journeytoorthodoxy.com/
_/ \_ Hype lang yan

All form, no substance

Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme

Alam ko 2 klase din ang Orthodox Church. Yung isa may pope din tapos yung isa grand patriarch yata tawag. Not so sure.

"A SOLDIER First Class performs above and beyond the call of duty at all times." --- Angeal Hewley, CCFFVII
choy
hype lang

Fantasy Gamer wrote:Alam ko 2 klase din ang Orthodox Church. Yung isa may pope din tapos yung isa grand patriarch yata tawag. Not so sure.
well, meron yung Eastern Orthodox, which I will become, and yung Oriental Orthodox. you are thinking of the Ecumenical Patriarch, pero hindi siya Pope. The Orthodox believe in conciliarity, the Church is led by a council of equal bishops. being Ecumenical Patriarch is not being the leader of all. para kasing ang 12 Apostles equal sila, although may leadership role si Peter, hindi subordinate ang mga Apostles kay Peter, hindi boss si Peter.
_/ \_ Hype lang yan

All form, no substance

Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme

Yeah. The principle of primus inter pares... Parang yung Chief Justice.

choy
hype lang

Fantasy Gamer wrote:Yeah. The principle of primus inter pares... Parang yung Chief Justice.
Yes. if you think about it, bishop din lang naman ang Pope, wala naman siyang ordination to become a Pope, so bakit siya lamang sa ibang mga bishop?
_/ \_ Hype lang yan

All form, no substance

SirZap
Big Daddy

choy wrote:
SirZap wrote:sabi ko na ba.... pwede ka ng maging pari kahit may asawa.
it's not about that. i think mas consistent ang turo nila with Christianity in the first 1000 years
ok great! I had the same thinking. if you can remember my early posts na nabura was about my inclintation with the Orthodox church. they got no issues about Popes, GRAVEN images, purgatory, inquisition etc. unlike catholics are "apologizing" for.
Like · Comment · Share
choy
hype lang

SirZap wrote: ok great! I had the same thinking. if you can remember my early posts na nabura was about my inclintation with the Orthodox church. they got no issues about Popes, GRAVEN images, purgatory, inquisition etc. unlike catholics are "apologizing" for.
nobody is perfect. if you dig into the history of the Orthodox Church and the rulers that aligned with the Church, its not a squeaky clean history. people need to stop fantasizing that religion is suppose to instantaneously transform us in this world to pure, holy beings. the purpose of the Church is to prepare us for the world to come where perfection will exist, not to be perfect in this world today. while it is true that our faith in God should transform us an make us better persons, the truth is that perfection cannot be achieved in this world. but if we do what we can in this life, it sets us up better in the next.

have you been to Paranaque? the Orthodox Church there?
_/ \_ Hype lang yan

All form, no substance

parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

yun ba yung mga nakaputi? Tapos yung church nila malapit sa isang SM?
choy
hype lang

parokyano wrote:yun ba yung mga nakaputi? Tapos yung church nila malapit sa isang SM?
er... no.

ang Orthodox Church sa Pilipinas nasa Paranaque.
_/ \_ Hype lang yan

All form, no substance

parokyano
LeBronista

yep i mean malapit sa isang sm sa pque.. every sunday kasi may nakikita akong mga naka all white sa isang vicinity sa sucat pque. if hindi sila yung i think "kulto" nga sila.. :lol: :sweat: minsan kasi may nakasabay ako sa jeep ng mga members nun and pinag uusapan nila paano nakakapag pagaling yung leader nila.
choy
hype lang

parokyano wrote:yep i mean malapit sa isang sm sa pque.. every sunday kasi may nakikita akong mga naka all white sa isang vicinity sa sucat pque. if hindi sila yung i think "kulto" nga sila.. :lol: :sweat: minsan kasi may nakasabay ako sa jeep ng mga members nun and pinag uusapan nila paano nakakapag pagaling yung leader nila.
no, hindi kulto sinalihan ko :facepalm:

kahit ano gusto mo isuot, puwede, basta disente. naka puti lang pag bibinyagan.
_/ \_ Hype lang yan

All form, no substance

SirZap
Big Daddy

choy wrote:
SirZap wrote: ok great! I had the same thinking. if you can remember my early posts na nabura was about my inclintation with the Orthodox church. they got no issues about Popes, GRAVEN images, purgatory, inquisition etc. unlike catholics are "apologizing" for.
nobody is perfect. if you dig into the history of the Orthodox Church and the rulers that aligned with the Church, its not a squeaky clean history. people need to stop fantasizing that religion is suppose to instantaneously transform us in this world to pure, holy beings. the purpose of the Church is to prepare us for the world to come where perfection will exist, not to be perfect in this world today. while it is true that our faith in God should transform us an make us better persons, the truth is that perfection cannot be achieved in this world. but if we do what we can in this life, it sets us up better in the next.

have you been to Paranaque? the Orthodox Church there?
hindi pa, I was suppose to take a visit years ago. what I've heard madaming "foreigners" or european ex-pats there.
Like · Comment · Share
choy
hype lang

SirZap wrote:hindi pa, I was suppose to take a visit years ago. what I've heard madaming "foreigners" or european ex-pats there.
yeah. problema sa Orthodox Church eh immigrants ang nagdadala ng faith, hindi missionaries. kaya minsan yung mga parishes nila eh ethnic parishes.
_/ \_ Hype lang yan

All form, no substance

SirZap
Big Daddy

choy wrote:
parokyano wrote:yep i mean malapit sa isang sm sa pque.. every sunday kasi may nakikita akong mga naka all white sa isang vicinity sa sucat pque. if hindi sila yung i think "kulto" nga sila.. :lol: :sweat: minsan kasi may nakasabay ako sa jeep ng mga members nun and pinag uusapan nila paano nakakapag pagaling yung leader nila.
no, hindi kulto sinalihan ko :facepalm:

kahit ano gusto mo isuot, puwede, basta disente. naka puti lang pag bibinyagan.
nakaputi lang kulto na. mukahng tino-troll ka lang ni paroks :rofl:
Like · Comment · Share
parokyano
LeBronista

no no no.. sabi ko kung hindi yun yung unorthodox na sinasabi ni choy baka nga kulto yun.. :mrgreen: :sweat: di ko sinabi kulto sinalihan ni choy or unorthodox = cult.

pero pag nakikita ko kasi mga yun kinikilabutan ako.. karamihan ng members mga matatanda na.. lalo pag yung mga matatandang babae tapos naka palda na mahabang white.. baka nakita din ni pototoypwets yun since medyo magkalapit lang kami.. :sweat:
SirZap
Big Daddy

im just joking... :rofl:

yeah! baka naman yan yung sinasapian ng sto. nino yan? kasi dati may ganyang samahan na pinakita sa tv nakaputi din ang mga miyembro.
Like · Comment · Share