SPAM

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
Amoch
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: Epalmuks

Medyo napapansin ko lately, parang dumadami ang SPAM sa Yahoo email ko. Kahit i-block mo yung address parang hindi pa rin effective kase nakakalusot pa rin. Then kanina, ni-check ko yung blocked addresses, napansin ko na parang nagmu-mutate lang sila. Damn! Ang gulo tuloy ng inbox ko.

Have you guys experienced this? Is there a way para ma-stop ito. Dati naman hindi ganyan eh. Is there a new thing going on?
jromz03
PlayStation
PlayStation

Amoch wrote:Medyo napapansin ko lately, parang dumadami ang SPAM sa Yahoo email ko. Kahit i-block mo yung address parang hindi pa rin effective kase nakakalusot pa rin. Then kanina, ni-check ko yung blocked addresses, napansin ko na parang nagmu-mutate lang sila. Damn! Ang gulo tuloy ng inbox ko.

Have you guys experienced this? Is there a way para ma-stop ito. Dati naman hindi ganyan eh. Is there a new thing going on?
may bago silang gimmick. Look at those message that didn't went to the Bulk folders. Make sure you don't load images. You will notice a picture of the ad followed by some cryptic and meaningless text. It doesn't really mean anything other than fooling the yahoo filter. And it seems to work.

BTW if you did load the image of the ad, sorry, but you'll be dumped with even more mail. Loading that image tagged your e-mail as 'active'. And spammers love 'active' e-mails :(
Tracer1
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

jromz03 wrote:may bago silang gimmick. Look at those message that didn't went to the Bulk folders.
Onga.. hindi na TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION napupunta sa BULK folder... buti na lang ako, delete lang ng delete pag d ko kilala yung sender... kaya kahit kailan d ako nagka-virus eh. :D
PS3 Rulez!!!

"Boycott Chinese products!"
anton
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden
PSN ID: Gabzilla121005

Amoch wrote:Medyo napapansin ko lately, parang dumadami ang SPAM sa Yahoo email ko. Kahit i-block mo yung address parang hindi pa rin effective kase nakakalusot pa rin. Then kanina, ni-check ko yung blocked addresses, napansin ko na parang nagmu-mutate lang sila. Damn! Ang gulo tuloy ng inbox ko.

Pwede mong i-stop/prevent ito in your own way. Don't forward email messages or if you need to forward put all the recipients list in the BCC field inform also your friends to do this. Another way is to create a seperate account for mailing lists sites. Spammers tend to "harvest" any email that they will get in mailing lists and web sites.