Formula 1 thread

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Singapore race na uli! :cheer:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

The 2015 rule changes in full

Changes to the F1 Regulations for 2015 have been agreed by the WMSC.

The last date at which the sporting and technical regulations can be changed without unanimous agreement has been changed from 30 June to 1 March each year, starting from 2015.

Changes to 2015 Sporting Regulations

Power units

- The number of engines permitted by each driver in a season will be four. However, if there are more than 20 races in a season, the number will increase to five.

- The penalty for a complete change of Power Unit will be starting from the back of the grid, not the pit lane.

Aerodynamic testing

- The number of wind tunnel runs will be reduced from 80 hours per week to 65 hours per week.

- Wind-on hours are to be reduced from 30 hours per week to 25 hours.

- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) usage is to be reduced from 30 Teraflops to 25 Teraflops.

- Two periods of tunnel occupancy will be allowed in one day (rather than only one).

- Teams will only be able to nominate one wind tunnel in one year.

Testing

- There will be three pre-season tests of four days each in Europe in 2015 (currently teams are able to test outside Europe). This will be reduced to two tests of four days in 2016.

- There will be two in-season tests of two days each in Europe (instead of the current four). Two of these four days must be reserved for young drivers.

Car specification at an Event

The current restrictions to the parc fermé will now apply from the start of P3 instead of the start of qualifying.

Wheels and tyres

The ban on tyre blankets will be rescinded for 2015. This will be re-discussed if and when the wheel and tyre diameter increases in the future.

Personnel Curfew

The Friday night curfew will be extended from six to seven hours in 2015 and will increase to eight hours in 2016.

Safety Car restarts

Safety Car restarts will now be a standing start from the grid. Standing starts will not be carried out if the Safety Car is used within two laps of the start (or restart) of a race or if there are less than five laps of the race remaining.

Changes to 2015 Technical Regulations

A number of changes have been made, including:

- A number of new regulations for the noses to ensure improved safety and to provide more aesthetically pleasing structures.

- A number of new regulations concerning skid blocks to ensure that they are made from a lighter material (titanium) and are better contained.

- New regulations to ensure that the brake discs rotate at the same speed as the wheels.

- A two-stage wheel fastener retaining system is now compulsory.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... or-f1-2015
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Singapore GP
1st - Hamilton
2nd - Vettel
3rd - Ricciardo
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sebastian Vettle leaves Red Bull. :o
triplethreat
Novastorm
Novastorm
PSN ID: Triplethreat_6

If Vettel eventually goes to Ferrari and Alonso leaves(which is most likely), i want Kimi to dominate for Ferrari next year :-)
PS3 US 80Gb
"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth"
PSALM 46:10

a MAC a day keeps the virus away :-)
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

There are some news that Alonso is really leaving Ferrari. I hate to seem him go though. Misses seeing him in a red jumpsuit. :lol:
triplethreat
Novastorm
Novastorm

Alonso is leaving Ferrari already, confirmed by Montezemolo http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsport ... 80075.html
I also hate as much as you do to see him on a different jumpsuit specially if Vettel is to replace him. That's why if that happens, like i mentioned i'm cheering for a successful incoming years for Kimi with Ferrari.
PS3 US 80Gb
"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth"

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

There are also news/speculations/rumors that he'll just be out of F1 for 1 year. Hoping he will still comeback to Ferrari when Kimi leaves. I remember Kimi will step out of F1 again after his contract with Ferrari.
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Formula One... can we consider that this is the most expensive sport? Price of the cars, parts and machines, R&D, personnel are already expensive.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

It is the most expensive sport. :sweat:

Watched a race last year in Singapore. It's just a mid-end ticket and it's already expensive. Priced like a front-row ticket for a KPop concert. :lol:
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

money went by your hands faster than an F1 race car. :lol:
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
triplethreat
Novastorm
Novastorm

Daniel wrote:It is the most expensive sport. :sweat:

Watched a race last year in Singapore. It's just a mid-end ticket and it's already expensive. Priced like a front-row ticket for a KPop concert. :lol:
San yung ticket mo bro? For me Singapore is one of the "WORTH BUYs" because of the free concerts after each days session. Like me, i went to Singapore 2012. I bought the Bay Grandstand for 7,200. Sulit na din my seat plus watched the concerts(Maroon 5 & Katy Perry) after. I say worth it because Maroon 5 was in Manila before proceeding to Singapore and i think the cheapest concert tickets were sold at 10k. At least yung Singapore is 7,200 may kasama na F1 race(and their practices) plus Katy Perry pa :lol:
PS3 US 80Gb

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

triplethreat wrote:San yung ticket mo bro? For me Singapore is one of the "WORTH BUYs" because of the free concerts after each days session. Like me, i went to Singapore 2012. I bought the Bay Grandstand for 7,200. Sulit na din my seat plus watched the concerts(Maroon 5 & Katy Perry) after. I say worth it because Maroon 5 was in Manila before proceeding to Singapore and i think the cheapest concert tickets were sold at 10k. At least yung Singapore is 7,200 may kasama na F1 race(and their practices) plus Katy Perry pa :lol:
Binili ko sa www.singaporegp.sg Umabot ng 9k+ sa Bay Grandstand din. Laki ng tinaas from 2012 to 2013. hahaha

Sulit din dahil may The Killers at Rihanna. Mahabang lakad din mula sa Esplanade at Promenade (lalo na ito). Sakto rin, nag-Manila ang The Killers pagkatapos sa F1.

Kasama dun sa price ng ticket, may pasyal pa abroad. :mrgreen:
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

2015 Sched

15/03 Australia
29/03 Malaysia
05/04 Bahrain
19/04 China
10/05 Spain
24/05 Monaco
07/06 Canada
21/06 Austria
05/07 Britain
19/07 Germany
26/07 Hungary
23/08 Belgium
06/09 Italy
20/09 Singapore
27/09 Japan
11/10 Russia
25/10 USA
01/11 Mexico
15/11 Brazil
29/11 Abu Dhabi
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Nasama na uli ang Mexico.

2014 Champion si Lewis Hamilton! May sumabutahe yata sa kotse ni Nico Rosberg e. :bigmouth:
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Isasama raw uli ang Korea.

The 2015 FIA Formula One World Championship Calendar

March 15 Australian GP
March 29 Malaysian GP
April 12 Chinese GP
April 19 Bahrain GP
May 3 Korean GP (TBC)
May 10 Spanish GP
May 24 Monaco GP
June 7 Canadian GP
June 21 Austrian GP
July 5 British GP
July 19 German GP
July 26 Hungarian GP
August 23 Belgian GP
September 6 Italian GP
September 20 Singapore GP
September 27 Japanese GP
October 11 Russian GP
October 25 USA GP
November 1 Mexican GP
November 15 Brazilian GP
November 29 Abu Dhabi GP
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Vettel, now driving a Ferrari
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

2015 F1 SPORTING REGULATIONS

The following decisions were taken:

Points for both titles will no longer be doubled for the final Event of the Championship.

Standing Restarts

After consultation with the Teams who raised a number of safety concerns, Articles 42.7 and 42.8 on standing restarts have been rescinded.

Virtual Safety Car (VSC)

Following tests of the VSC system at the final Events of 2014, the introduction of the system has been approved for 2015. The VSC procedure may be initiated to neutralise a race upon the order of the clerk of the course. It will normally be used when double waved yellow flags are needed on any section of track and competitors or officials may be in danger, but the circumstances are not such as to warrant use of the safety car itself. The full text of the article is available in Annex I.

Suspending a race

When a race is suspended, the pit exit will be closed and all cars must now proceed slowly into the pit lane, not the starting grid. The first car to arrive in the pit lane should proceed directly to the pit exit staying in the fast lane, all the other cars should form up in a line behind the first car.

Team personnel or equipment on grid

If any team personnel or team equipment remain on the grid after the 15 second signal has been shown the driver of the car concerned must start the race from the pit lane. A ten second stop-and-go penalty will be imposed on any driver who fails to do this.

Power Unit Penalties

The replacement of a complete power unit will no longer result in a penalty, instead as specified in the current regulations, penalties will be applied cumulatively for individual components of the power unit.

If a grid place penalty is imposed, and the driver’s grid position is such that the full penalty cannot be applied, the remainder of the penalty will be applied in the form of a time penalty during the race (not at the next race as was previously the case) according to the following scale :

• 1 to 5 grid places untaken: A penalty under Article 16.3(a) will be applied.

• 6 to 10 grid places untaken: A penalty under Article 16.3(b) will be applied.

• 11 to 20 grid places untaken: A penalty under Article 16.3(c) will be applied.

• More than 20 grid places untaken: A penalty under Article 16.3(d) will be applied.

Time Penalties

In addition to the existing five-second penalty (Article 16.3a), a new ten-second penalty (Article 16.3b) will also be introduced, to be applied in the same manner.

Unsafe Release

If a car is deemed to have been released in an unsafe condition during a race a ten second stop-and-go penalty will be imposed on the driver concerned. An additional penalty will be imposed on any driver who, in the opinion of the stewards, continues to drive a car knowing it to have been released in an unsafe condition.

Qualifying Procedure

The qualifying procedure was clarified: for cases when 24 cars are eligible seven will be excluded after Q1 and Q2, if 22 cars are eligible six cars will be excluded after Q1 and Q2, and so on if fewer cars are eligible.

Safety Car: lapped cars

Once the last lapped car has passed the leader the safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap, the race director will no longer have to wait for all the lapped cars to reach the back of the pack behind the safety car.

2015 TECHNICAL REGULATIONS

- The weight of the car, without fuel, must not be less than 702kg at all times during the Event (up from 701kg).

- Changes have been made to the rules governing Wind Tunnel Testing and with regard to the aerodynamic reporting periods for 2015 and 2016.

- Any suspension system fitted to the front wheels must be so arranged that its response results only from changes in load applied to the front wheels.

- Any suspension system fitted to the rear wheels must be so arranged that its response results only from changes in load applied to the rear wheels.

- The Zylon anti-intrusion panels on both sides of the survival cell have been extended upwards to the rim of the cockpit and alongside the pilot’s head.

NEXT MEETING OF THE STRATEGY GROUP

The FIA President confirmed that the next meeting of the Strategy Group would take place on 18 December, and would focus reducing costs, improving the show, making cars quicker and more difficult to drive, and reviewing the technical and sporting regulations, with the aim of simplifying the rules where possible.

ACCIDENT PANEL

A review of all the evidence and other information about the events leading up to Jules Bianchi’s accident at the Japanese Grand Prix 5 October 2014, Suzuka, has been carried out by the 10-man Accident Panel, appointed by the FIA and chaired by Safety Commission President Peter Wright. The Panel has issued a 396-page report on their findings with recommendations for improvements, many relevant to all of motor sport. This has been presented to the FIA World Motor Sport Council, which accepted the findings and gave a mandate to implement the full recommendations and conclusions of the report. The summary issued by the panel can be found on fia.com.

CRITERIA FOR THE ISSUING OF SUPER LICENCES

A proposal on the conditions of attribution of the Super Licence was approved for 2016, on the basis of the following criteria:

1 - Safety criteria

The following changes have been made compared to the current regulations:

- There is a valid driving licence requirement.

- There is a minimum age requirement (18yo).

- There is a verification of knowledge of the F1 Sporting Regulations/ISC rules.

2 - Experience criteria

With the following changes compared to the current regulations:

- There is the 300km in F1 TCC or TPC_ as a minimum requirement.

- There is a 2 years minimum running in minor Formulas.

3 - Performance criteria

With the following changes compared to the current regulations:

- There is a point system requirement, based on the driver results in previous Formulas.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Confirmed 2015 drive lineup

Ferrari
Sebastian Vettel
Kimi Raikkonen

McLaren
Fernando Alonso
Jenson Button