The NBA Thread

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Solemn_In_Berlin wrote:
I see where you're coming from. To me, the ankles are the biggest problem but assuming they hold up, you can't go wrong with a "team's heart and soul" type of player who's also an above average-to-elite defender with a nice touch around the rim as well as from mid-range. But again, that's just me.

That Asik deal though? Ugh. Even if the last $14M is non-guaranteed, it's still a terrible contract.

Celtics secured Crowder with an awesome deal.

Draymond Green re-signs with the Warriors on a 5yr/$82M deal.
Don't get me wrong, I kind of like what Johnson brings to the table, just not at the price.

Yeah, I don't get why they needed to overpay for Asik that badly. I'd actually have made a run at Ro-Lo instead of going that hard for Asik. I mean, you don't need Asik's rim protection and rebounding when you have the brow with you. Robin Lopez can provide enough of that, and is a much better offensive player to boot. Really puzzling move there.
RAYANT8
Hardcore Gamer
PSN ID: xxRAYANT8xx

wala na! kangkong nanaman lakers! walang big men na makukuha! parusa yan epekto ni dwight & pau! wala kwenta management!
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

i'm not sure if it's true pero ang naging killer daw sa pitch ng Lakers ay yung Basketball plan and nung si Kobe na ang nagsalita.. napaatras siguro dahi baka "Pau Gasol" ang maging role niya..
nyll47
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: nyll47

parokyano wrote:i'm not sure if it's true pero ang naging killer daw sa pitch ng Lakers ay yung Basketball plan and nung si Kobe na ang nagsalita.. napaatras siguro dahi baka "Pau Gasol" ang maging role niya..
:lol:Kobe is delusional if that's true hangang ngayun di niya matangap na di na siya puwedeng maging Alpha ng LA. Pero according to runors masyadong nag focus LA sa lifestyle ng LA and less on the basketball sides. Kung kay Melo siguro aapeal yun pero hinde sa kagaya ni LMA
PS3 40GB 10/19/08-3/27/10

PSN: nyll47

Easiest way to earn online: http://www.neobux.com/?r=rnyll47
flipsflops
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: flipsflops

If those reports are accurate, the Lakers will just suck until after Kobe retires.

To add, this is also the time where Jerry Buss would do his magic of recruiting.
白線の内側に下がってお待ちください
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Solemn_In_Berlin

This just in, Monroe signs max contract with Milwaukee. Not sure how a lineup of MCW-Middleton-Giannis-Parker-Monroe will perform, though.

Earlier, Arron Afflalo signs with Knicks in an excellent bargain deal (2yr/$16M).
Current Top 5:

Digimon World: Next Order - Torment: Tides of Numenera - The Endless Cylinder - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Persona 5

All Time Top 5:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Dark Cloud 2 - Deus Ex - Final Fantasy VI - Bloodborne
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

Monta Ellis agree to four-year $44 million deal with Pacers.
Darkshader
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Phoenix has traded Marcus Morris, Reggie Bullock and Danny Granger to Detroit for future picks. The Pistons will send the Suns a 2020 second-round draft pick.

Ed Davis agrees to $20 million deal with Trail Blazers

Shane Larkin and the Brooklyn Nets have agreed to a two-year, $3 million contract

Knicks add Arron Afflalo on 2-year, $16 million deal
PSN ID: Darkshader

Gamer/Toy Collector
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

^ Looks like the Suns are not yet done signing new players by clearing cap space.
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

parokyano wrote:i'm not sure if it's true pero ang naging killer daw sa pitch ng Lakers ay yung Basketball plan and nung si Kobe na ang nagsalita.. napaatras siguro dahi baka "Pau Gasol" ang maging role niya..
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/ ... ted-player
flipsflops wrote:If those reports are accurate, the Lakers will just suck until after Kobe retires.

To add, this is also the time where Jerry Buss would do his magic of recruiting.
the best thing that the L.A.kers can/should do is to get non-alpha/support type of players that can score too when Kobe sits down.
get good NBA D-league players if necessary. :sweat:
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Naku pinaghiwalay na pala ng Suns ang Morris twins
Everybody wants Happiness, Nobody wants Pain...
But you can't have a Rainbow, without a little Rain....

Wrestling/Handheld Games/Horror/Zombie Films/Paranormal/Basketball Shoes/Body Building

Gameboy/Nintendo DS/PSP/Nintendo 3DS
FC: 1934-0903-9050
charliedrama
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: charliedrama21

Ok lang yun paghiwalayin sila. Felt bad for hornacek when one of those morris twins berated him at a huddle. Inaawat na nga siya ng iba niyang kakampi dada pa rin siya ng dada. And both of them picked on goran dragic with flagrant foulsduring a heat-suns game. Both of them are too comfortable on the same team together
ADD ME UP! :)

charliedrama
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

May second meeting si LMA sa lakeshow... Plus the heat are also going to have a meeting... Please please sana sa spurs siya or sa mavs na lang.. :pray:

Speaking of the heat, dwyane wade cashed in for a one year 20 m deal. Good for him nagkasundo sila ng mga arisons

ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

charliedrama wrote:Ok lang yun paghiwalayin sila. Felt bad for hornacek when one of those morris twins berated him at a huddle. Inaawat na nga siya ng iba niyang kakampi dada pa rin siya ng dada. And both of them picked on goran dragic with flagrant foulsduring a heat-suns game. Both of them are too comfortable on the same team together
You can sense the immaturity of those guys too, i think they have an assault case right now in fact. Tyson Chandler's veteran leadership will definitely help stabilize that crazy locker room din.
parokyano
LeBronista

gusto ko sana mapunta si LMA sa Lakers.. gusto ko kasi sana maging competitive ulit sila sa possible final season niyaand makita ulit si Kobe sa playoffs.. he was doing good naman last season playing as a facilitator.. nakaka 26 points pa nga siya while dishing 10+ assists.. Sana ganun na lang ulit gawin niya if makakuha sila ng matinong FAs..
parokyano
LeBronista

Wade's back with the Heat na pala.. if magiging healthy din sila possible threath sila sa title hope ng Cleveland
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ah so hindi pa pala tapos ang usapan ng Lakers at ni LMA.. Too bad Jim Buss didn't got his late father's recruiting talent.. Ewan ko sa Lakers management. Parang si Kuptchak ang may hawak lahat. Parang di ko feel na hands-on yung mga anak ni Jerry Buss. Parang feeling ko at times mas active pa role ni Jeannie Buss than Jim.

Mas ok kung may isang bigman veteran ang Lakers for LMA if ever matuloy siya doon. Yung mala-Derek Fisher ang effect. Hindi pwede si Kobe lang ang veteran sa team. He's playing a good game pero in manner of maturity wala siya sa level ni Derek Fisher. Take note, Derek Fisher is the middleman between Kobe and other players in the team back then pag may issue. And kay Derek lang nakikinig si Kobe.

Parang ganito lang. Magaling si Kobe, he speaks a good game pero parang hirap siya makakuha ng respeto sa lahat ng players ng team.
Well basta wish ko na lang kay Kobe, better health and play safely. 20pts-5rebs-10asst per game level ok na for me. Wag na lang siya maging super bakaw unless necessary especially clutch time.

And as for Wade... At least ok sila ng Heat management.. For a year kahit papaano.
Looks like a "proving year" for Wade. Hmmmm parang wala ako nabalitaan na may ibang team na nagka-interes kay Wade?
charliedrama
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Kobe has no choice but to play decoy also. Pero makikita pa rin naman nating lahat kahit up yung assists niya, matigas pa rin ulo ni kobe. Kita naman sa FGA niya and the crazy shots he still takes. Im a kobe fan because of his drive and competitiveness but im not a fan of how delusional he thinks he can still carry the lakers. Plus who would want to play the role of beta-dog behind an old kobe. The lakers have great youth behind kobe in randle, russel and claclarkson, pero at this point that team will have growing pains to go through kung pipiliin sila ni LMA.

parokyano
LeBronista

Good decision na din siguro by the Heat and Wade.. then next season probably mas malaki na makukuha ni Wade pero dapat talaga maging healthy siya
Darkshader
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

My prediction .... opening night for my warriors getting their championship ring ... and then they will play the Spurs with Lamarcus Aldridge as the new member of the team.

That will be an awesome matchup!!!
PSN ID: Darkshader

Gamer/Toy Collector