New (next) PlayStation console details

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

- AMD chip with a custom unit for 3D audio
- CPU based on the third generation of AMD’s Ryzen line
- eight cores of the company’s new 7nm Zen 2 micro-architecture
- the system will use ray tracing (a rendering technique that traces the path of light to generate an image)
- SSD hard drive

https://gematsu.com/2019/04/ps5-first-d ... h-ps4-more
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/20 ... ia-and-8k/
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

I read somewhere that Death Stranding will be released on Sony's next console. Death Stranding has been in development for quite some time. So kun may announcement na lalabas ang Death Stranding on this new console, that means pwedeng malapit na talaga I-release yung new console. I'm guessing late 2020 or early 2021.

This also means hindi na ako bibili ng Death Stranding sa PS4. Kinda reminds me of the time when MGSV was released.

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
slaughterbit
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: slaughterbit

^Same thoughts here. Magiging parang MGSV na released for PS3/PS4. Malamang same din ang mangyayari sa TLOU2 although this year sya mare-release sa PS4. At most likely FFVII Remake eh sa "PS5" na. :lol:

PS4 backwards compatible
Physical media

"Shut-up and take my money!" :lol:

Wishlist:
4K blu-ray drive
US PSN ID: slaughterbit
HK PSN ID: slaughterbit_hk

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Dahil same architecture din sa PS4, hindi malabo ang dual-platform release. :D
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

The hardware sounds real impressive, with the inclusion of the ssd and its target performance the most surprising thing here. If they wanted success for the next gen, BC was a must, and a proper generational leap in CPU and GPU was a must too based on how well MS nailed the Xbox One X vs the Ps4 pro.

One big question is the price. Sony nailed the Ps4's launch, at 399 US$, and with the tech they have for the ps5, i bet this will launch at US$499.
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I hope not. Sony did say that the price tag will be "appealing to gamers". But then again, of course they will say that!

They have to keep in mind PS3's release and it's failure to entice gamers at launch because of the price.

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: migs23 and iamironman23

I'm good with $499, for the specs sulit yun, wag lang $599
PSN ID: iamironman23 and migs23-dad ko ang gumagamit
Nintendo Network ID: iamironman23
PS4 PRO 1tb
PS4 Arkham Knight Edition 2tb
Xbox One S 2tb
Nintendo Switch (Neon Blue/Red)
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I think 500 dollars is fine, the Xbox One X was successful because of the value it offered at 500 dollars. Xbox One OG was poor value at that price considering it was underpowered compared to the ps4 and had kinect which nobody wanted.

I think 400 dollars would be nice, but based on the tech inside the ps4, 499 is understandable.

With MS rumored to be launching 2 skus of the next gen xbox one (a cheaper one built on streaming and a more powerful box akin to what the ps5 would be) it will be interesting to see how early success pans out.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

That 2-SKU strategy could be true with the recent announcement of soon-to-be released Xbox One S All-Digital Edition.
slaughterbit
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

$499 would be the sweet spot if they don't want to lose out to the next Microsoft console. For me, I would be fine with $599 as long as they add a 4K blu-ray drive. :lol:

Hey, some of us are already buying phones close to a thousand dollars so I think $600 for a sweet console would be just fine. But that's just me. :lol:

slaughterbit
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Daniel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:15 am That 2-SKU strategy could be true with the recent announcement of soon-to-be released Xbox One S All-Digital Edition.
The SAD Edition. :lol:

ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I think 399 is still on the table, we know nothing about the actual clock speed and configurations of the CPU and GPU - the mention of raytracing tech is not clear too (whether software based or hardware) but if I had to bet, it would be 499.
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

May nagpost sa reddit na rumored specs, 20 gb GDDR6 RAM 😂