Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Alexios o Kassandra? We have a choice, in-game and of game covers. Reversible cover FTW!

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... dra-cover/
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Argineboy20
Policenauts
Policenauts
PSN ID: Argineboy

Connected ba ang story nito sa mga previous titles like Black Flag, Syndicate, etc.

Huling natapos ko is ACIII :sweat:

Gusto ko na bilhin Black Flag at Syndicate mura na lang kasi :lol:
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ang alam ko sa Origins lang

I dunno dun sa real world na part (Abstergo)
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

Masarap sana laruin lahat ng AC series kaso konti lang ang panahon ko.
Argineboy20
Policenauts
Policenauts
PSN ID: Argineboy

@Daniel

Ahh okay. Thanks.tried googling na din :lol:
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sn@kemaru wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:39 pm Masarap sana laruin lahat ng AC series kaso konti lang ang panahon ko.
Maiksi lang yun kung tutuusin. Kung main missions rin lang, kayang tapusin siguro ng 1 araw. :lol:
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

6 Biggest Changes For Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Dialogue Options, Consequences, And More
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/6-big ... 0-6459558/
Ancient Greece Confirmed
The Assassin's Creed series is well known for its historical backdrops. This time, we're going to Ancient Greece; specifically, we'll be exploring in the year 413 BC in the midst of the Peloponnesian War. It's Sparta vs Athens, but you're a mercenary seeking revenge on those who took your family away from you. You'll be traveling to lush locations around Greece, like Mykonos, Delos, and Attica to name a few, and meeting prominent historical figures like Socrates, Hippocrates, and Herodotus.

Male Or Female Protagonist
You'll be able to go through this odyssey as either a male protagonist named Alexios or a female protagonist named Kassandra. They have the same story, dialogue, and abilities; the only difference is the voice acting and character models. It's a similar approach to how Mass Effect had both male and female Commander Shepards. It's up to you who you'll lead across Ancient Greece.

Dialogue Choices and Character Relationships
Picking a lead character isn't the only decision you'll be making in Assassin's Creed Odyssey; for the first time in franchise history, dialogue options will permeate the entire adventure. There will be opportunities to tease out more information during conversations, but some decisions can impact how the game plays out. Certain NPCs can also be romanced or befriended depending on what you say.

Ubisoft toyed with the idea of letting players know whether or not certain lines have an effect on outcomes (similar to Telltale games), but ultimately decided it would be better for players to not worry about making the "optimal" choice.

Facing The Consequences
There will be consequences to your actions, For example, the demo we played prompted us to align with one of two characters on how to approach leading a rebellion. We chose the more subtle approach which gave us a mission to sneakily take out enemy weapons and supplies on foot. Had we chose to side with the one suggesting more brute force, we would've had to complete naval combat missions instead.

It's not just about what you say to other characters either; side quests are where it gets interesting. In one case, Socrates gave me heads up on a rebel being held hostage who could help the fight, but is known to be a loose cannon. we could either free the rebel, kill him, or ignore the quest altogether. Since we decided to free this character in the Socrates side quest, he appeared in the conclusion of the main quest-line, but straight up assassinated an important character during what was supposed to be a celebration. This result also damaged the relationship we had with another character. We can't say Socrates didn't warn us, though. That's just one example of consequence in this huge open-world game.

A Ship Ton Of Naval Combat
Since Greece is a collection of islands with lots of water to explore in the middle, it makes sense that sailing your own ship is core to Odyssey. Naval combat will also play a huge role, much like Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag--expect to destroy enemy ships with fire arrow barrages, waves of javelins, or full-speed naval rams. Once ships reach zero health, you can loot them by hopping aboard and engaging in traditional hand-to-hand combat. AC Origins had a few instances of seafaring battles, but Odyssey is treading deeper waters.

Combat Skills And Spartan Kicks
Combat abilities and skill trees give players plenty of options when it comes to fights and assassinations. Holding the left shoulder button turns face buttons into ability activations, and the left trigger does this for bow-and-arrow abilities. In total, 8 skills are available to you at once. A few notable skills are a shield rip, healing ability, and a multi-arrow shot. But nothing comes close to the iconic Spartan kick. Giving enemies the boot will comically send them flying backward; it's ideal for launching them off ships or off the side of a cliff. This is Sparta, after all.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Director Discusses RPG Inspirations And Story Details
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/assas ... 0-6459994/
GameSpot: The first thing that struck me when playing the game is the heavier RPG elements. How was that decision made and what other games did you draw inspiration from? Where did that start?

Scott Phillips: It was early on, three years ago, we were coming to the end of Syndicate. When talking about what Assassin's Creed Odyssey should be, we asked where do we want Assassin's Creed to go, what does it need to evolve into? We talked with the Assassin's Creed Origins team to see what they were doing. We both had the same sort of idea of where the series should go--RPG choice, we wanted to push it forward. We knew Origins was doing some of those things, but for us, we had the time to really go even further to focus on the two characters, Alexios and Kassandra, to focus on choice within the stories and within the dialogue, to give you special abilities, to build your own play style.

In terms of inspiration, I play a lot of RPGs and I would say open-world is my favorite genre. The RPG is something [that] fits together super, super well. And I play everything that comes out; games like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and obviously Assassin's Creed Origins. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout, those two are probably some of my favorite[s]. And if you look at those games, they give players a lot of options. For us, that was what we wanted to push Assassin's Creed as a franchise into: more choice for the player.

This is the first Assassin's Creed that's moved into branching dialogue and consequences for your choices. In the playable demo, decisions were made, side quests were completed, and two hours down the line, the consequences play out. The end product of the decision wasn't clear right away. How hard is it to keep it cohesive?

It's super hard, I've got to say. There's no other way to put it. We try to think of every consequence that can happen. We write all those, we move forward with structuring the quests and all of the quests that could be impacted in a way that'll work. Then we play it a lot and ask ourselves, what did we miss? What doesn't connect? What doesn't pay off well enough?

Something we had a while ago and tried was including a sort of the Telltale-style "your choice will have an impact" notification afterward. Ultimately we felt that the player is better off making those connections themselves and we didn't want to put too much in their face. We wanted the feeling of, "Oh, wow, that thing I did back then..." or when they talk to someone else and say, "Oh, I had no idea that those connections were made." We felt after play tests that it was the stronger way to go rather than being in the player's face with the decisions being made.

Assassin's Creed always told a contained story within history. But choices seem to play out in the larger, main narrative. Is there going to be bigger payoffs or consequences of larger scale, maybe multiple endings? How much can you change the world and how much will it be reflected in the world as the game goes on?

We have to make decisions about how big are we going to go with certain choices. Obviously, we want some to have massive changes to the story, but we have mid-scale changes and small changes. Some parts of side quests can impact the main quest: who appears, who's around you, who's dead, who's alive, who you're friends with, who hates you. Those sorts of things all sort of feed into both the main story, and all of the side stories, and in the world itself because the world is constantly changing. The mercenaries that are alive in your playthrough, I may never see in mine or maybe I killed them in my playthrough. The leaders can also be different. So, there's a lot of activity and change and when players talk to each other about what their experience was, or some great fight they had with this mercenary, or the choice they made in that quest, it's going to be a very different experience for each player.

I love the Mass Effect series, but with Paragon/Renegade, I know straight up if my decision is good or bad. But we've also had games like The Witcher 3 that just give you options, and who knows how they'll pay off in the end. From the slice we played, it seems Odyssey is going the latter route.

Making the game morally gray and not black-and-white was important to us. We didn't want it to be like past games where you're not forced to not kill civilians, as a simple example. The Creed doesn't exist for your player character in terms of restricting you from doing that. That's your choice. But we're going to impact the player, we're going to show you that it means something in the game world. And it's going to give you feedback, you're going to feel those choices you've made in small-scale and in these large-scale choices across the game.

Do you want to encourage players to do more side stuff, especially those who tend to mainline games? Do you kind of accept that they might be missing out on some really good story bits and narrative arcs?

Yeah, I think the easiest example is if you look at our E3 demo, you don't have to play any of that. That's all side content in the main game, and that's true throughout huge parts of the game. We want you to do that, we think you will enjoy it. And as balance between players that want to rush the game and players that want to complete every single piece is a challenge for us, because we want both play styles to be valid and work well. In an RPG, making sure that the player who does 100% of the content and that player who does only what they want, we want both to have a good experience. Balance for both player types is something that RPGs have struggled with quite a bit. I think we have a very good progression system, a very good way of balancing the game that makes it so everyone, no matter what they do, is going to have a great time.

Character relationships are a new thing, along with choice-based dialogue, of course. For example, I tried romancing Kyra but it didn't work out. How deep are relationships going to go and how impactful are those relationships?

It depends on the character. I would say Kyra is a mid-level romance to put it in a weird way. There are some side characters, and other characters where it's a shorter thing, but you can still recruit people to be on your ship crew. And with some of these romanceable characters, you can recruit them to be on your ship and with you for the rest of your journey, or you can never see them again. It's sort of your choice. There's also family relationships which you'll make decisions about, and will impact, ultimately, who's around or who's there for help as you get further in the game. You'll see a lot of variation based on the way you've played the game.

With choice-based dialogue, there are many directions it can go. But it's all contained in Greek mythology and the Ancient Greek historical time period. How do you balance between using history and creative freedom? Are we still going to have that rich, historical backdrop along with the story that you're trying to tell as well?

It's fun. It's always a back-and-forth of how far can we push it: when do we need to focus more on Greek history, when do we need to focus more on Assassin's Creed lore, and when do we need to just give the player something really cool to do? We're constantly making those choices. On a small scale, it's things like how buildings and structures look. We maintain historical accuracy, but some of our statues are way bigger than they would've been in this time period. Or the look of Sparta in our game is more grandiose than what Sparta actually was, because the Spartans, the Laconians, were very minimalistic. They focused solely on war; they didn't try to build big statues. But we wanted Sparta to be this awesome, amazing, epic-looking Greek location, and we had to push it forward.

When it comes to ships, there are simple things about how the triremes would have to be pulled out of the water to avoid getting waterlogged and sinking. Obviously, we're not going to do that. But we also need to make decisions about ramming, shooting javelins, and firing arrows; how far are we going to push it? Did they have catapults? Did catapults exist at that time? Well, sort of. It's always a fine line, and we're pushing and pulling, and trying to make sure that we're true to both the vision we want to have for a game in 2018 and what this period of time would've looked like.

When you meet with Socrates, you have discussions of philosophy. You meet with Hippocrates, who's the father of medicine. You talk to Herodotus, who's the father of modern history. You engage with these characters and develop details about what their thought processes were, and you affect it as well. But then you also argue with Socrates even as you have him as an ally. So, it's a constant battle between too little and too much. And I think we found a really good balance, especially with the mythology of Ancient Greece. It's a super deep, awesome mythology of legends and gods with the mixture of history. And it's also Assassin's Creed, which has a ton of characters with names from the first civilization that come from Ancient Greece, and they're coming from that sort of lore. We had a good backdrop to sort of mix the two. I don't want to spoil stuff, but there are a lot of really cool ways that pays off. If you really engage in the game, there's some really amazing stuff that ties it all together.

As for the modern day storyline, are any of the RPG elements going to play into the modern day storytelling?

So, there is definitely modern day gameplay with Layla Hassan, but I don't want to go into that just yet.

Origins was big in terms of scope, and this game seems big, too. How do you answer those worried about series fatigue? Even though there's a lot of new stuff, they might just not be in the mood for another huge open world.

We've worked on the game for three years, and in terms of what we've done, we put in a huge amount of effort. We had a big team for that period of time. We focused on making this huge, huge game. I think fans will really see, when they play it, that what we brought is something new and fresh to Assassin's Creed with choice, with RPG elements. And I think it is and will be one of the favorite Assassin's Creed games.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

"Behind The Odyssey" series of videos of Ubisoft.

Episode 1: RPG Mechanics

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Episode 2: Combat Customization

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Episode 3: Naval & Exploration

slaughterbit
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: slaughterbit

Nawalan ako ng interest dito after playing Origins. Seeing as almost the same lang din naman gameplay. Taking a break from Assassin's Creed games. Bilihin ko na lang pag nag sale ito. :D
US PSN ID: slaughterbit
HK PSN ID: slaughterbit_hk

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Kassandra Cinematic Trailer

Alexios Cinematic Trailer
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Episode 4: Ancient Greece

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Looks like we can relive 300 in Assassin's Creed Odyssey by playing as King Leonidas in the battle of Thermopylae. This is Sparta!

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Season Pass information

There are 6 episodes release starting December.'

Story Arc One: Legend of the First Blade (3 episodes)
Story Arc Two: The Fate of Atlantis (3 episodes)
Assassin's Creed III Remastered

Daily and Weekly free episodes even for non-Season Pass owners
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I need a full remaster or possibly, a remake of AC1 as well! WONDERFUL YEAHHHHSSSSSSEason pass!!!!!
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Need to add trophy support to AC1 then. YEAHHHHSSSSSSSSSS!
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Assassin's Creed Odyssey requires at least 42GB of disk space.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... -revealed/