God of War [PS4]

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
slaughterbit
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: slaughterbit

Damn. I selected Give Me A Challenge and they gave me a real challenge. :lol:
US PSN ID: slaughterbit
HK PSN ID: slaughterbit_hk

darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

slaughterbit
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: slaughterbit

They make it look easy but the combat is hard to master especially in the early stages when you have limited skillset.

Sumakit actually ang kamay ko dito kagabi. :lol:

US PSN ID: slaughterbit
HK PSN ID: slaughterbit_hk

Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...kakaumpisa ko palang kagabi dito, 2hrs palang ako. Kahit sa umpisa palang enjoy na agad laruin.
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

It took me about a week, but I finally finished it. I had to wait two weeks to play lol dahil na sa US ako for business, so I had to be extra careful about spoilers (success naman haha).

My playthrough was on Normal, I did all the 'significant' side quests that were accessible during the normal course of the main story missions. But I didn't go out and fully explore as much as I would like. I beat 5 out of the 8 valkyries so far, did all the dwarf side quests, finished the Musphelheim trails, and did a bit of the Niflheim trials before finishing the game.

First, the change in style of God of War was really for the better. I tried getting into God of War 1,2, and 3 (my PS3 games are still fresh in their box lol), but I just couldn't. Despite the technical brilliance, and the tight gameplay, I just couldn't really get into God of War. Part of it was a lot of how Kratos is as a character. He's not relatable, and too one note. This was addressed significantly in the game. This game made Kratos a relatable, likeable character, with a good story arc and an excellent story.

The second part of the reboot is really the new camera perspective/gameplay style. It feels a lot more grounded, a little less high-style character action game-y, but overall feels tight, a lot of fun to play, and really fun to master. It still feels like how the old god of war games used to play - but tuned and improved to fit the new camera vantage point and updated to current gen standards.

Combat is fun and rewarding and a lot of the combat encounters are really a blast to play around with. It never got too frustrating - except when you're severely under-levelled, but going up against the boss fights (which were excellent - except for some encounters like the dragon boss fight) were really fun. The valkyrie encounters were some of the best encounters in the game and provide a serious challenge - without getting too cheap or 'unfun.'

The story was great , engaging, and really well done in terms of making the backdrop of Norse mythology work within the world. The writing and the performances were topnotch - and the no cuts camera was really well-executed and can only be appreciated once you experience it.

I've still probably get tens of hours of things to do with the game, the 'sort of' open world design of the game never got tiring. Looking foward to finishing up the Niflheim trials and the Valkyrie side missions, then I should be about done with the game.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Kakaumpisa ko lang nito. Loving it so far. Di ko lang masyadong trip yung tank controls. :lol:

Kapag nagamay ko na nang husto yung battle system nito hindi na problema. Mahina pa yung weapon ko nun kaya madalas mamatay si Kratos tapos sinisisi ko yung tank controls.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: DonKB-PSX

Daniel wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 am Kakaumpisa ko lang nito. Loving it so far. Di ko lang masyadong trip yung tank controls. :lol:

Kapag nagamay ko na nang husto yung battle system nito hindi na problema. Mahina pa yung weapon ko nun kaya madalas mamatay si Kratos tapos sinisisi ko yung tank controls.
Akala ko ako lang. :lol: Hindi rin kasi ako sanay pindotin ang L3 para tumakbo. But yeah, took me a good while to get used to it. Kailan ko lang din natapos yung main story. (About a week ago) Great game! :2thumbs: Pero move-on na rin ako agad sa Horizon: Zero Dawn para man lang mabawasan backlog ko. LOLZ!!!
Your friendly neighborhood, generic bald and filthy casual gamer

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
PS4 "Amateur" (CUH-1106A) - June 5, 2015 to Present
PS5 - June 18, 2022 to Present
Argineboy20
Policenauts
Policenauts
PSN ID: Argineboy

Way too many puzzles in this game
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Honga. hehehe

Daming side quests and all that.

Valkyries? Ang hirap! :lol:
Argineboy20
Policenauts
Policenauts

^can’t stop playing :lol:

Kaka open ko pa lang ng muspelheim :sweat:

Anyways i like where the series is going sana ilabas na nila yung new game+ Sa next update :lol:
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: JOEY_ed27

Anyone knows were I can rent the game? Or better yet lend it to me for a couple of weeks. Haven't touched my PS4 for a couple of months already due to several reasons. Not really practical for me to buy a new copy anymore. Thanks. :ashamed:
Argineboy20
Policenauts
Policenauts

Any tips on Queen Valkyrie :sad:

I’m using Deadly Mist Set all Max including Talisman/Pommel and Atreus (Legendary Set) hanggang 2 bars na lang sya pero kinakapos pa din ako :fight:

Axe
Leviathan’s Wake
Frost Giant Frenzy

Blades of Chaos
Icarus Storm
Fire of Ares

Para gusto ko mag give up siguro nasa skill na lang siguro :lol:
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

Argineboy20 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:34 pm Any tips on Queen Valkyrie :sad:

I’m using Deadly Mist Set all Max including Talisman/Pommel and Atreus (Legendary Set) hanggang 2 bars na lang sya pero kinakapos pa din ako :fight:

Axe
Leviathan’s Wake
Frost Giant Frenzy

Blades of Chaos
Icarus Storm
Fire of Ares

try this

Argineboy20
Policenauts
Policenauts

Yeah watched it already.

The problem is i’m too slow to react alam ko na yung ibang moves nya yung grab nya ako hirap iwasan :sweat:

Ang hirap din maski on easy mode lang.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Argineboy20 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:34 pm Any tips on Queen Valkyrie :sad:

Axe
Leviathan’s Wake
Frost Giant Frenzy

Blades of Chaos
Icarus Storm
Fire of Ares

Dont forget your resurrection stone. That was my missing piece. Also, malaking tulong din yung na max out mo health mo.

But honestly, it took me around an hour or so to master her patterns. Once i got the right moves to dodge, i was better.
Argineboy20
Policenauts
Policenauts

Salamat sa lahat :lol:

I finally beat her :sweat:

Masisira na controller ko kakapindot ng evade :lol:
Argineboy20
Policenauts
Policenauts

Sobrang galing nito level 1 gear tapos no damage :shock:

Easy na lang ako hirap na hirap pa :lol:

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Kakatapos ko lang. Mukhang may maliit na hint ng part 2 a. :mrgreen:

Satisfying yung laban kay B_____.

Stressful kalaban yung mga Valkyries pero satisfying kapag natalo mo. May pattern bawat isa.
Argineboy20
Policenauts
Policenauts

Daniel wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:11 pm Kakatapos ko lang. Mukhang may maliit na hint ng part 2 a. :mrgreen:

Satisfying yung laban kay B_____.

Stressful kalaban yung mga Valkyries pero satisfying kapag natalo mo. May pattern bawat isa.
Yeah and most likely sa PS5 ang release :lol:
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Boys! And girls! The God of War New Game+ update is coming on August 20.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08 ... august-20/
With New Game+ comes along a host of new gear, more difficult enemies, and cinematic skipping!

- Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armors, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
- Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
- Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
- Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.
- Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.