Destiny 2

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

R3 PSN users get early access to the Desitny 2 beta without needing to preorder. Just download the beta client on the R3 PSN store, and the preload should be available (Around 12 GB).

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-sg/ ... Y2BETA0001
Welcome to the Destiny 2 Open Beta, a small taste of what you'll find in the final experience on September 6.

Open Beta Begins 7/19, 2 AM JST
Open Beta Ends 7/24, 1 PM JST

Open Beta Features
- Play the opening story mission of the cinematic campaign
- Take on the enemy threat in a 3 player Cooperative Strike
- Put your competitive multiplayer skills to the test against others in 4v4 matches
- Fight solo, alongside your friends or match-make with other Guardians
Note that PS Plus is required for both the strike and the crucible (PVE and PVP modes).
Last edited by ron_bato on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I'll be playing tomorrow, so just add me on PSN for anyone who wants to set up a fireteam :)

PSN ID: ron_bato
Rsouthpaw
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden

Destiny 2 early access beta gameplay

Move it to the 15-16 minute mark. Getting in to the servers took some time

alex042795
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: alex042795

Fail saken yung beta lagpas 12hrs na kong di makalagpas sa intro, di lumalabas si Ikora sa scene niya tapos nag error ng Moose. Na try ko ng gumawa ng ibang character ayaw pa din. :sweat:
[RPHS] PSN: alex042795 -PS4/PSV/PS3
XBL: AlexPapaPH
NNID: alexpapaph
Switch FC: 7896-0448-2000

Solid Green and Gold
Rsouthpaw
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden

Destiny 2 inverted Strike with Titan

ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I've played through the campaign mission using all of the classes (warlock, hunter, titan) and the strike. Here are my thoughts so far, playing on a PS4 Pro and a 4k tv.

1. The shooting is still insanely good, with aiming and gun control feeling responsive, but I think aim assist (on default) is a bit too aggressive. Still, this feels really good to play, and maintains that addictive shooter feel that Bungie was so successful with in Halo and the first Destiny.
2. Graphics are noticeably a step up from D1, (but I'm on a Pro so could be different from base PS4). There are some weird things that I see (like some weird low resolution shadows or edges when volumetric light hits some characters or the environment), but overall it's a great looking game with a diverse color palette. Wish there was HDR support, maybe in the future.
3. The music really gets you in a great mood for the game. Classic Bungie, which is really really good. :D
4. Progressions of the strike and the campaign mission were good, and less bullet spongey yung mga bosses na nakalaban ko.

Some things I didn't like:
1. Moving felt a bit slow and clunky - I'm not a fan of the double jump which felt way too floaty (but this is maybe because the last FPS i've been playing was titanfall :lol:). The sprint to slide mechanic for example doesn't give me that satisfying feeling of momentum, and I find myself not using it as much because I feel like I'm stopped in my tracks after I slide.
2. Some poor level design - I find my self getting stuck a lot while moving around - yun pala may mga nakaharang at mga groove na hindi mo maiwasan
3. Still don't know how much of a leap this will be compared to the first destiny, and yung main concern ko is the amount of content we get from the base game.

Anyway, going to play around more later on. So far it plays really great, just not sure if I'll still jump in on the final game because of the impression Destiny 1 left on me.
Rsouthpaw
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden

Destiny 2 the Crucible hunter gameplay

z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Launch Trailer
Rsouthpaw