NBA Live 18 (demo available now)

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Looking good, I hope the gameplay is as improved as these visuals because these look really good and have a different quality to the NBA 2k17 player models.

Last edited by ron_bato on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Some gameplay here:

Hard to judge based on these short snippets, but it still looks a bit stiff (i hope this year they improve a lot).
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

For those interested, demo is available now: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ ... E18DEMOEAS

Game will release on September 15, and it's 40 dollars if you preorder.
triggerman8888
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

why can't i see it sa playstation store?
PSN ID: archer0812
Asian : archer081273 (used for Black Ops)
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

triggerman8888 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:52 pm why can't i see it sa playstation store?
game category tapos demos, click the game pre-order nba live 18 then scroll down below, sa baba yung demo :agree:
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Here are my impressions of live, overall, I'd say it's a better game than Live 16, but is still a few years behind 2k. They try a bunch of things which are good, and the base is solid, but it's still held back by issues such as lack of a complete move set, janky animations, weird movement/momentum system, among a few nagging issues which hold this back from being a good basketball sim.

I think a lot of people will enjoy the career/park mode, and this is the opening i think they should exploit to go at 2k, because the basketball gameplay, although much improved, is still a few years behind 2k. As it stands, this game isn't better even than nba 2k16. Good to see them put out a decent enough game though.
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Hmm..I really miss the days when my cousin and I used to play NBA live for hours on end specially pag summer vacation and it's hard to see how far it's fallen from what it used to be. It's good to hear that somehow its going in the right direction but how gaming is right now, being decent won't just it specially when you have a standard like NBA 2k to surpass or at least equal. Sana lang hindi na nila irelease if the game and production cost would be a waste because of very low sales and instead focus on the next year and try to make it at least on par with the gaming industry standard which is right now NBA 2k.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

I'd say they should go with another direction to differentiate themselves from 2k
eynjel18
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Yeah, EA should focus on arcade type of basketball and forget about simulation type. Bring back NBA Street Vol. and get all the possible legends they can get. I'm still playing NBA Street Vol.2 from time to time.
Loneliness has followed me my whole life. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.