[OT] Horizon Zero Dawn | 89 Metacritic Score

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Haha...ayos na ko sa normal mode, sa rozen wilds lang eh kahit may ancient armor ka eh ramdam mo na ang tama ng ibang mga machine. Tatapusin ko lang siguro ng mabilisan yung Frozen Wilds, gusto ko na din kasi malaro yung GoW eh...
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
slaughterbit
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: slaughterbit

^Ah oo, mas mahirap nga ang Frozen Wilds. Relentless din ang mga machines kahit hindi Ultra Hard. Kaya nga binalak ko i-max out muna to level 60 bago ko simulan ang Frozen Wilds. Kaso natabunan na ng Monster Hunter: World at God of War. Baka after ng God of War balikan ko na yung Frozen Wilds. :lol:
US PSN ID: slaughterbit
HK PSN ID: slaughterbit_hk

Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

Started with this game. Just before the proving pa lang ako but I've already gone 3 hours through the game. I like to build up my character first. >.>

Aloy's not made to be sexy, noh? She has the nene face.

Also, I kinda wish na M ang rating nito. Not asking for nudity but It's a bit lighthearted for a post apocalyptic game.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

the tone is all serious in the game, it gets more dramatic in the later part, be sure to get data logs for more background on what happened before
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Absolutely. I listened to the ones I found.
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Am I missing something? I am getting murdered in this game, the focus info aren't much help. God, the machines are relentless and my damage just minimal, even when I'm using fire on an enemy weak to it.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Oink McOink wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:39 am Am I missing something? I am getting murdered in this game, the focus info aren't much help. God, the machines are relentless and my damage just minimal, even when I'm using fire on an enemy weak to it.
Which part of the game are you at? What level are you?
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Level 28 and just entered Meridian. I'm having trouble with the flying ones and the bigger ones. It's like sunod sunod yung attacks I don't have time to compose myself. I just can't handle non stealth combat. Sure I can hide and redo stealth pero meron yung mga combat na wala talaga akong matataguan. I just need a tip on how to handle 3 or more enemies at the same time.

For example eh yung rock breaker. I can't even aim. I don't know how I'm going to win that by just dodging all the time. I can't even dodge properly, the machines are anticipating where I land and shoot there. What the hell is this game? T.T T.T
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Oink McOink wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:19 pm Level 28 and just entered Meridian. I'm having trouble with the flying ones and the bigger ones. It's like sunod sunod yung attacks I don't have time to compose myself. I just can't handle non stealth combat. Sure I can hide and redo stealth pero meron yung mga combat na wala talaga akong matataguan. I just need a tip on how to handle 3 or more enemies at the same time.

For example eh yung rock breaker. I can't even aim. I don't know how I'm going to win that by just dodging all the time. I can't even dodge properly, the machines are anticipating where I land and shoot there. What the hell is this game? T.T T.T
Oh if you mean the stormbirds, those are probably one of the toughest machines to beat. You're going to need to tie it down with the rope caster and then it will give you time to expose its weak points. I think you're going to have to use tearblast arrows to remove some armor plating, then use your fire arrows to deal damage when its exposed.

The rock breaker I also hate lol. Natatakot ako every time i encounter a rockbreaker (especially sa expansion lol). Pero dodge, dodge lang, and timing and you'll get it.

I think you may be under-leveled or don't have the right gear yet to face these encounters. I last played this game last december - and if you're not appropriately geared up or leveled to face certain machines - it gets really tough.
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ah thanks. As much as I can, I won't use a guide. But after your suggestion eh I google the weapons and have a much clearer understanding on what I'm doing wrong.
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Finished the main story and the frozen wild. I still believed it should have been rated M. Some of the characters are one faceted. The good are good, the bad are bad. The story is engaging, though, but it's built on a "tell" narrative via notebook, when some scenes could have been a "show" narrative.

There are some where the narrative does not fit in with the world design. Like one character unable to pass a certain door for 19 years, when the rest of the stage are obviously accessible elsewhere. There are scenes where the moral dilemma seems forced, and the goody Aloy seems to turn a blind eye on some NPC choices because the story requires to tie lose ends.

Another criticism is that it is open world, yet Aloy can't climb a 4 feet boulder because it doesn't have markings that indicate a designated climable obstacle. And once Aloy's on the climb, the slow motion for longer jumps seems overly dramatic, because once you're hanging, there's no threat of falling really. No real choice either but to move forward with the climb.

I'd give it a 7.5/10 for an engaging story but that's about it. The world could have been better.
slaughterbit
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: slaughterbit

Stormbirds - use a ropecaster, tearblast and fire arrows.

Rockbreakers - use tripcaster. Lure them to it. Same technique as with the Thunderjaw.

Fighting them head on is really hard even with the highest level and best armor. Unless you master the use of focus.

I am on my Ultra Hard playthrough. Even the small machines are tough.
US PSN ID: slaughterbit
HK PSN ID: slaughterbit_hk

Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

Been playing this for a week or so now. So far, it's been great. What separates this from most of the open world games that I played is the lack of cover system, there is no auto-aim and the main weapon is a bow. Makes hunting more satisfying knowing that you can't rely on a decent cover and that you really have to be precise on your aiming.

Kaya lang parang may glitch yung audio. I don't know if it's actually a glitch or how it was downloaded pero it seems the NPC audio is all over the place. Most of the time pag may kinakausap ako na NPC sobrang hina ng salita nila. Minsan kapag may kinausap ako tapos may dumaan na ibang NPC mas malakas pa yung boses nung dumaan kaysa dun sa kausap ko. Other times pag nag sidequest ako it's hard to pinpoint where exactly is a voice or a sound is coming from. Mahirap tuloy hanapin.

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I encountered that glitch, happened on an emotional point to which ruined the scene for me.

yung sidequest audio, happened to me the first time I was out. Yung father and daughter quest about a spear. I was like "Who is that? Where is that?"
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Yeah. I read some forums and mukhang known glitch yang audio. Too bad walang patch. Nothing game breaking though.

Anyway, the game is not known for its difficulty. But, man, the game is kicking my butt! Hirap pumatay ng machines! Mas lalo pa kung kinukuyog ka na ng malalaking machines tapos ibat ibang type pa! Pero pagnakapatay naman, sobrang satisfying! :cheer:

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^Sabi mo pa, I don't even have time to aim minsan, walang tigil atake. Lalo na yung rockbuster ata yung name, yung parang worm that digs around. I just use the exploit na out of range ako or well covered na area na di makakalapit. Sabi I have to attack the weaknesses like every enemy pero I don't even have time to aim, kahit na may slow motion.