[OT] NieR : Automata (2B or not 2B)

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

Information

DEVELOPER: Platinum Games
PUBLISHER: Square Enix
RELEASE DATES: Feb. 23rd, 2017 (JPN/HK PS4) | Mar. 7th, 2017 (NA PS4) | Mar. 10th, 2017 (EU PS4)
TECHNICAL INFO: Native 900p 60FPS on PS4 & PS4 Slim | Native 1080p 60FPS on PS4 Pro
GAME SIZE: 46.7 GB (Demo Size: 4.7GB | 2.32 GB Day One Patch)

Demo Link : https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ ... TOMATADEMO

Videos
E3 2016 Trailer

Playstation Experience 2016 Trailer

Arsenal of Destruction

Glory to Mankind

GIFs

Reviews
IGN : 8.9/10
Nier: Automata is a crazy, beautiful, and highly entertaining journey full of nutty ideas and awesome gameplay. It may not include the most sensical story or compelling characters, but its frenzied combat -- coupled with beautiful visuals and a stunning soundtrack – make it too much fun to pass up.

Gamespot : 9/10
Thanks to Platinum Games' knack for riveting and gratifying combat, Automata is Yoko Taro's most exciting game to date. The combat mechanics click after hurdling a low learning curve, and the end result is a skillful dance where balletic dodges complement wushu-inspired aggression. Moreover, this multi-ending trip is generously peppered with surprises and revelations, as well as easter eggs that call back to the first game and the Drakengard series from which Nier spun off. It's a meaty, often exhilarating trek that showcases Platinum Games' and Yoko Taro's unique blend of genius.
Destructiond : 9/10
NieR: Automata is nearly as good of an RPG as it is an action game, which is a mighty tall order. It's tough to really strike that balance as many action-RPGs tend to favor one element over the other, but Platinum Games, with the help of Square Enix, has tapped into its innate ability to captivate us with combat while keeping the rest of the journey engaging.
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

nice OT sir.. I'm getting this next month, i know available na yung R3 but i prefer the R'Ones this time :)
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

thanks, going to add more info later , I'm currently downloading the HK version with Japanese/English support

still a long way to go but at least I can practice her moves :lol:
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

tempting to get one now pero i'll hold out for a week..pagsabayin ko na to kasama horizon at switch para isang lakaran na lang... :agree:
**** ****!
z3kEn
Momento Mori

grayfox17 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:03 pm tempting to get one now pero i'll hold out for a week..pagsabayin ko na to kasama horizon at switch para isang lakaran na lang... :agree:
Mahirap din pagsabayin ang nioh pafs saka ito lol..
Kaya better tapusin muna yung nioh :D
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

z3kEn wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:14 pm
grayfox17 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:03 pm tempting to get one now pero i'll hold out for a week..pagsabayin ko na to kasama horizon at switch para isang lakaran na lang... :agree:
Mahirap din pagsabayin ang nioh pafs saka ito lol..
Kaya better tapusin muna yung nioh :D
hmpf...oo na eto na tatapusin ko na po muna nioh! :fight:
**** ****!
z3kEn
Momento Mori

^Lol :D

Can't wait for this, tamang tama malapit ko na matapos na yakuza 0..
symphonyX
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

hmm, walang balita kung magkakaroon dito nung black box edition
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

added reviews, it's highly rated
superawts
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Acornnman

Bought this a few days ago. Solid ng gameplay. A mix of every game Platinum made into one.
Hi.
z3kEn
Momento Mori

got the game digital:D
ubusan ako lage kasi ng copy dito samin amp.

mukhang easy plat pa.. welp
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

just finished ending E

:eek:
MegamanX
Street Fighter: The Movie
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX

Playing this game now. Talaga bang yung text and labels sa System e random combination ng letters, numbers and special characters? Bale ganun siya sa 1st chapter then nung nasa bunker na naging english text na. Upload ko yung screenshot kapag im using a desktop or laptop.
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX (HK) / Mega_ZeroXX (US)
slaughterbit
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: slaughterbit

Ni-download ko last weekend yung demo kasi pinag-iisipan ko kung bilhin ko sa Golden Sale. Nagustuhan ko yung gameplay. Fun. And the boss fight in the demo is cool. Yung color palette nya parang Metal Gear lang which is also cool. Hold off muna ulit ako hanggang sa mag-sale pa ng mas mababa. Madami pa din naman backlog ko. :sweat:
US PSN ID: slaughterbit
HK PSN ID: slaughterbit_hk

darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

MegamanX wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:33 pm Playing this game now. Talaga bang yung text and labels sa System e random combination ng letters, numbers and special characters? Bale ganun siya sa 1st chapter then nung nasa bunker na naging english text na. Upload ko yung screenshot kapag im using a desktop or laptop.
sorry for the late reply, but this was a bug
MegamanX
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX

@darkwing_uop,

Oks lang sir. Thanks for responding :)
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX (HK) / Mega_ZeroXX (US)
monixchi
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix
PSN ID: monixchi

Hate to ruin the party but its been a couple of months since its release and this game is still hyped. Ive been seeing it around since release but man, the train never stops.

I hate to be critical and have this kind of opinion but its been hitting me hard in the nerve since the popularity, specially in the West. It just doesnt make any sense. I understand Platinum Games has great reputation when it comes to enjoyable action packed games like Bayonetta. But Im not sold on playing the game even tho Im a fan of androids having human emotions and anime. Also by the fact being a lengthy JRPG is just not my cup of tea. Theres so much stuff going on I cant barely grasp the lore just from reading the synopsis of the game.

Ive been reading a lot of praises and how its the GOTY for a lot of people who experienced Yoko Taro's direction in this game. I wont deny how this game deserves love to what its worth, but, the worshipping attitude towards this game is just hard to understand. It looks typical existentialist android with human emotions that lives in dystopian future in moe anime form. I dont feel invested when the visuals already turns me off even though Im probably missing an amazing experience for others.

I might get it when its price dropped or if I have long attention span and interested enough to invest myself into the deep lore.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^To each his/her own, kanya-kanyang trip lang yan.
**** ****!
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

it has a very high Metacritic score too, after playing the game and the endings, I agree with it, especially ending E :shock:
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Also coming to Switch

PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)