The Last of Us Part II

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Platform: PlayStation 4
Release Date: June 19, 2020

grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

dahil dito na-curious tuloy ako sa part 1 ....
**** ****!
eynjel18
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Wow, never thought they show the game this early. This will be GOTY of 2018. Also nice they put Part II instead of calling it just The Last of Us 2. Makes the title more like continuation of a story like the Godfather Part II.
Loneliness has followed me my whole life. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.
-freelancer-
The Raiden Project
The Raiden Project

My gawd. The feels. :cheer:
Jump In & Long Live Play.
------------------------------
PSN ID [US]: ilovebones_us
PSN ID [SG]: ilovebones_sg
PSN ID [HK]: ilovebones_hk
XBL Gamertag: ilovebones
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

Baka dahil bagong gising pero I was slightly teary-eyes when I saw the Trailer.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

eynjel18 wrote:Wow, never thought they show the game this early. This will be GOTY of 2018. Also nice they put Part II instead of calling it just The Last of Us 2. Makes the title more like continuation of a story like the Godfather Part II.
Im guessing this is a 2019 game. I hope its 2018, but the way ND works, this will probably be in 2019.

Ellie is a such a freaking bad ass.

Sadly di na si Bruce Straley co director ni druckmann as he is on sabatical for a year. But this will be a huge opportunity for someone in ND.
Xezcente
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xezcente

Bruce Straley was the one that kept Druckmann from making the story too dark. Druckmann once wanted to kill off Elena back in Uncharted 2. Without Straley, saan kayang direksyon dadalin ni Druckmann yung storya? Somewhere darker? Excited to see the development of this.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Xezcente wrote:Bruce Straley was the one that kept Druckmann from making the story too dark. Druckmann once wanted to kill off Elena back in Uncharted 2. Without Straley, saan kayang direksyon dadalin ni Druckmann yung storya? Somewhere darker? Excited to see the development of this.
Yeah it will be interesting. I bet straley will still be a voice in the development of the game. And a lot of the people at ND are outspken so there will still be a balancing force to Druckman.

The theme of the game will be 'hate' though. And you can see that in Ellie. That was an excellent reveal, and i will yry to go on blackout mode for the game.
sic001
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal
PSN ID: kenet_jose

Halos lahat ng comments na nababasa ko sa youtube isa sinasabi. Ghost lang daw ni Joel yung kausap ni Ellie sa trailer kasi pinatay siya ng Fireflies. Ngayon, nasa revenge tour si Ellie. I like Joel, wag naman sana
PSN (US): kenet_jose
PSN (SG): kenjose
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

sic001 wrote:Halos lahat ng comments na nababasa ko sa youtube isa sinasabi. Ghost lang daw ni Joel yung kausap ni Ellie sa trailer kasi pinatay siya ng Fireflies. Ngayon, nasa revenge tour si Ellie. I like Joel, wag naman sana
Thats certainly one theory. And it could be possible especially dahil na sa fireflies camp si ellie. It could be possible, but i dont think thats a story worth telling.

Also, i think that would be too obvious. But hey, we never know. Sana nga di lang ganun yung story.
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Solemn_In_Berlin

Kneejerk reaction: I trust that this is gonna be a great game because Naughty Gods, but I'm a bit concerned with how it seems to be just another heavy-handed tale of "cynical and jaded and edgy because suffering and loss." Then again, it's obviously too early to really say anything, and I trust that ND's gonna be nuanced with a character they handled so well the first time.

As a huge fan of what Mondo does, from their vinyl to their posters all the way to their artbooks, I'm very happy that this has been "canonized:"

Current Top 5:

Digimon World: Next Order - Torment: Tides of Numenera - The Endless Cylinder - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Persona 5

All Time Top 5:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Dark Cloud 2 - Deus Ex - Final Fantasy VI - Bloodborne
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...di ko tinuloy yung sa ps3 version nung part 1, ewan ko siguro wala lang sa mood. Baka ulitin ko ulit dito sa ps4 yung part 1 para pang ready dito sa part 2.
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Some interesting tidbits from the panel:

- Neil Druckmann pitched this around the same time as he pitched Left Behind
- Trailer was shot 1.5 years ago
- Ellie is 19 years old in the game
- Ellie is now the main character, plays differently than Joel (although this should be obvious from TLoU 1 too)

Concept art

Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

sic001 wrote:Halos lahat ng comments na nababasa ko sa youtube isa sinasabi. Ghost lang daw ni Joel yung kausap ni Ellie sa trailer kasi pinatay siya ng Fireflies. Ngayon, nasa revenge tour si Ellie. I like Joel, wag naman sana
Oo nga no. Ano kaya ang mag-uudyok kay Ellie "to kill every last one of them" kung hindi kinuha ang natitirang very important person sa kanya? Si Joel na lang ang "family" nya.
Baka may mga cameos pa rin si Joel pero more on flashback segments of the game.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sn@kemaru wrote: Oo nga no. Ano kaya ang mag-uudyok kay Ellie "to kill every last one of them" kung hindi kinuha ang natitirang very important person sa kanya? Si Joel na lang ang "family" nya.
Baka may mga cameos pa rin si Joel pero more on flashback segments of the game.
There's really no way to say, since a lot has happened since these two games. I think they were headed to tommy's at the end of part 1, so maybe she developed some friendships and ties there.

We really have very little in terms of evidence to definitively say, but this theory doesnt seem impossible.
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

^ Yup, its just 'haka-haka". :lol:
Baka nagka-lovelife na si Ellie dun at 'nanlaban' daw yun boyfie nya eh in-love na in-love na sya dun kaya ganun na lang ang galit niya. hahaha
Again, just wild guessing, no proof whatsoever. :sweat:
Played the 1st game, will definitely play this one when it comes out too.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sn@kemaru wrote:^ Yup, its just 'haka-haka". :lol:
Baka nagka-lovelife na si Ellie dun at 'nanlaban' daw yun boyfie nya eh in-love na in-love na sya dun kaya ganun na lang ang galit niya. hahaha
Again, just wild guessing, no proof whatsoever. :sweat:
Played the 1st game, will definitely play this one when it comes out too.
Nanlaban!! :lol: pero oo masaya mag haka haka ngayon sa ganito. I fear na 3 years away pa ito, pero nakakahype!
Dec0de022
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Dec0de022

kaninang umaga ko unang pinanood yung trailer pagkagising mismo, had goosebumps pero di pumasok sakin na imagination nalang ni Ellie yung nagpakitang Joel sa teaser. pero wag naman sana at parang ang laki agad ng revelation unang showcasing palang tsaka pano na yung title na The Last of Us kung magisa nalang siya. :lol:
YOUTUBE|WORLD TEKKEN FEDERATION|STEAM|MYFIGURECOLLECTION
PSN ID: Dec0de022|PS3 | icanhazhaxplz|PSV
solonjee28
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

wew.. hehe.. kakatapos ko lang 2 days ago ng new game + netong last of us remaster.. so fresh na fresh pa sa akin yung story tapos may kasunod na pala.. and yep crush ko na si ellie so lalaruin ko yan wahahaha..
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

Parang magandang twist yun ah! Joel being a hallucination of Ellie. Sa huli malalaman mo na lang patay na pala si Joel and the whole game imagination lang pala ni Ellie si Joel. :mrgreen:

Seriously, I'm mighty excited about the sequel. They could have been more creative with the title, though.
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."