PlayStation 4 Pro

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?

Will you buy a PS4K at launch?

Yes, Day 1
21%
Yes, but not day 1, I might get when it becomes cheaper
28%
Yes, but when I get a better TV
12%
No, i still have a PS4
26%
Nah, ps4pro what?!
2%
No, i'd rather wait for PS5
12%

Total votes: 43
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Hindi na "best experience" para sa mga early adopters ng PS4. :(
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...kung magkakaroon ng LE nito nang uncharted 4 malulungkot ako. :sweat:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
nayj
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: nReiz

Hmm tingin ko ok lang yung bago. Just to cater VR experience and also, support 4k resolution. As for exclusives, i doubt that in the long run. Pag naging trend at tumaas demand ng VR, magkakaroon na ng exclusive for VR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
---
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
---
Currently Playing:
Nioh (PS4)
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

25k unit and controller kaya ba? or 30k plus? :lol:
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: DonKB-PSX

SOURCE: http://wccftech.com/playstation-4-neo-l ... uidelines/
A leaked document on the PlayStation 4 Neo is now available on the Web. Let’s take a look at its content.

Of course, with a new system the specifications are what everyone’s eager to read about. According to this document (which also explains the budget split between the game and the PS4 system), the PlayStation 4 Neo will have a Jaguar CPU with 8 cores running at 2.1 GHz. The GPU will feature 36 Compute Units running at 911 MHz for a 2.3X improvement in Teraflops, while the memory will still be 8GB GDDR5 though the bandwidth will be higher at 218 GB/s.

Of course, there’s no telling if these are the final specs or not.

The document also explains how developers should prepare their games for both consoles.

However, the most interesting slides are the following ones. We mentioned earlier that apparently Sony is pushing developers to run their games at a faster and more stable frame rate with the PlayStation 4 Neo.
Of course, this is a challenge when combined with the increased resolution. As such, Sony discussed some strategies like reducing the resolution of the display buffer. This is something that PlayStation 4 and especially Xbox One games do often – while the hardware outputs the image at 1080P, the display buffer is often lower.

However, Sony doesn’t want developers to run the games at 1440P on 4K displays because there wouldn’t be enough differentiation from the standard 1080P game on a regular HDTV. They’re encouraging game creators to experiment with checkerboard rendering technique; if you’re a regular WCCFtech reader, you might remember that we covered this topic when reporting Ubisoft’s success with this technique in Rainbow Six Siege.

Of course, we don’t have any way to know for sure if this document is legitimate. However, it certainly looks like it, though it seems to be about three months old. We’ll update on this rumor in case we get more proof of its legitimacy or otherwise.
Your friendly neighborhood, generic bald and filthy casual gamer

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
PS4 "Amateur" (CUH-1106A) - June 5, 2015 to Present
PS5 - June 18, 2022 to Present
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Higher framerate
More stable framerate
Improved graphics fidelity
Additional graphics features
The thing I hate about playing games on PC, when the version i get isn't the best, is coming to my favorite console. :(
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Daniel wrote:
The thing I hate about playing games on PC, when the version i get isn't the best, is coming to my favorite console. :(
The thing is whether there's a PS4 neo or not, the base ps4 version of a game won't be any different because of the inherent hardware limitation. Developers are not going to purposefully gimp the ps4 version just to make the neo version seem way better.

This reads like 'I'm mad because I can't have it, therefore a superior version shouldn't exist.'

There are reasons to not like the Neo (short life cycle if not forwards compatible with the eventual ps5), the upgrades don't seem as substantial as the scorpio (which seems way more future proof), how do you make online multiplayer balanced between neo and ps4 users (hypothetical: what if one version runs 60 fps vs 30 fps).

But having more options for console players isn't a bad thing, your ps4 is still a ps4, and from the look of horizon zero dawn and god of war, the base ps4 will still be able to pump out some really good looking games.

I don't know if this is necessarily a good move by Sony, but I'm all for having more options.
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ouch same HDD still.. :(
I should wait for the final release date and price na lang.
Our current TV is DeVant MEL150 model supports 1920 x 1080 resolution max.
That TV should be safe right?

Of course i'm planning to get a 4K TV in the future.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ron_bato wrote:The thing is whether there's a PS4 neo or not, the base ps4 version of a game won't be any different because of the inherent hardware limitation. Developers are not going to purposefully gimp the ps4 version just to make the neo version seem way better.
As long as the graphical upgrade is tolerable, meaning not much different, it's okay.
ron_bato wrote:This reads like 'I'm mad because I can't have it, therefore a superior version shouldn't exist.'
Not just that. The expenses involved. In mobile phones and PCs, it's acceptable as the games are not $60.

Thinking about those who bought on Day 1. Suddenly, 3 years after, some a lot better arrived, at least graphically, and their machine suddenly became outdated.
ron_bato wrote:There are reasons to not like the Neo (short life cycle if not forwards compatible with the eventual ps5), the upgrades don't seem as substantial as the scorpio (which seems way more future proof), how do you make online multiplayer balanced between neo and ps4 users (hypothetical: what if one version runs 60 fps vs 30 fps).

But having more options for console players isn't a bad thing, your ps4 is still a ps4, and from the look of horizon zero dawn and god of war, the base ps4 will still be able to pump out some really good looking games.

I don't know if this is necessarily a good move by Sony, but I'm all for having more options.
Options is still a good thing, as long as the early adopters are not left out.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Daniel wrote:As long as the graphical upgrade is tolerable, meaning not much different, it's okay.
What's the point in having a premium ps4 if the graphical upgrade won't be significant? That's just shooting themselves in the foot, causing market confusion for very little value added. By this logic, it would have been better to not launch the thing at all.

This is clearly focused at enthusiasts who want more out of their consoles. PC gaming is getting significantly cheaper, and way more accessible than it used to, and Sony's research showed that towards the tail end of the previous console generation, they were losing console gamers to PCs as the consoles couldn't keep up. This puts Sony in a position to give enthusiasts who want more the option to invest in more powerful hardware.
Daniel wrote: Not just that. The expenses involved. In mobile phones and PCs, it's acceptable as the games are not $60.
This is inaccurate, PC AAA games launch at 60 dollars. They get cheaper over time like console games. You might be able to buy games at cheaper than 60 for PC games at launch, but then you'd have to rely on sites like GMG that are not necessarily legit.

PC games go on sale much faster than console games, but console games go on sale too.
Daniel wrote:Thinking about those who bought on Day 1. Suddenly, 3 years after, some a lot better arrived, at least graphically, and their machine suddenly became outdated.
Having the Neo appear out of nowhere is not going to change the fact that PC GPU technology is outpacing consoles launched in 2013 at an exponential rate. I hate to break it to you, but even in 2013, the PS4 games were already outdated graphically compared to PCs (like for like multiplatform releases).

Like I said, if both God of War PS4 and Horizon Zero Dawn, and Uncharted 4 are anything to go by, the PS4 is still mighty capable.

PS I bought the PS4 at launch, and I feel like I got my money's worth and don't feel cheated at all (hell I even bought a second ps4 after giving my OG PS4 to my brother as he was moving to the US), you know why? If I decided that I can live without the added bells and whistles that come with the neo version, I'm still going to be able to play the games on ps4 as they were originally intended to. No devs can ignore that the Neo users will be a significantly smaller chunk of the player base. There are already more than 40 million ps4 users worldwide, and to ignore these people would be foolish.
Daniel wrote:Options is still a good thing, as long as the early adopters are not left out.
All early adopters are not left out, because all Neo games are PS4 games, and there will be no Neo exclusives. This is for people who want more out of their games compared to what the base PS4 has to offer.

Having the neo out there isn't going to change the hardware limitations of the current ps4. Like i said in a previous comparison, I hate that I have to play EA Sports UFC at 30 fps because the devs focused on graphics instead of performance. If the PS4 neo is going to get more games to 60 fps with graphical fidelity that is expected from AAA games, I'm all for it.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ron_bato wrote:What's the point in having a premium ps4 if the graphical upgrade won't be significant? That's just shooting themselves in the foot, causing market confusion for very little value added. By this logic, it would have been better to not launch the thing at all.

This is clearly focused at enthusiasts who want more out of their consoles. PC gaming is getting significantly cheaper, and way more accessible than it used to, and Sony's research showed that towards the tail end of the previous console generation, they were losing console gamers to PCs as the consoles couldn't keep up. This puts Sony in a position to give enthusiasts who want more the option to invest in more powerful hardware.
For discussion purposes, I'm quoting these lines from some developers' point-of-view. It could have changed though, or not at all.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... o-founder/
“The whole purpose of consoles is the set of requirements that you work against from a hardware perspective. To change that is complete lunacy.”
“let developers do their thing,” because “if you can focus your development effort on one set of hardware requirements and target, you are going to get a better result.”
So Sony could really be shooting themselves in the foot if developers don't support it.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... station-4/

A trusted source tells me most developers are not happy with PS4.5, and having to develop around it. Extra cost, planning, other nonsense.
But since nothing it 100% confirmed as of now, we here are fighting for something that may not exist at all. :lol:

----

Even the guys from PSLS are divided. hehehe

Top 5 Reasons Why We Don’t Want PS4K
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... want-ps4k/
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Daniel wrote:
So Sony could really be shooting themselves in the foot if developers don't support it.
For every quote that you gave me, I can supply other quotes from devs supportive of the ps4k and scorpio (see below). In the end, they'll have to work around it as this is the landscape moving forward. I'm fully confident that devs will figure it out, it comes at an added cost to them, but what are they going to do? These are the new terms that sony set. All game devs are mandated to have a neo mode after october, so devs have to support it by default.
“And if the console market truly is entering an almost smartphone like upgrade curve, "It would be very good for us obviously. To have a landscape...where you put a game out and you don't worry about it.
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/ ... ct-Scorpio
"I'm absolutely thrilled with this," Sweeney said of the mid-gen refresh in a recent interview with Eurogamer. "It gives you the best of both worlds, the upgrade cycle of the PC which ensures that people always have access to the latest and greatest hardware and games don't go out of date over a seven year cycle, together with the fact there's a box you can go and buy - or two boxes - and you're guaranteed that everything can work. And I think the configurations for developers are very reasonable.

"From an industry insider perspective, the console industry will grow and sustain its user base much better if it doesn't have to reset its user base to zero every seven years. The idea of throwing everything out and doing everything from scratch every seven years is completely crazy. And everything Epic's done with our new game development approach, involving these online games we're going to maintain over time, it's about building games where we don't have to reset our user base to zero when we want to add new features."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... ox-scorpio

Some more feedback here: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2751 ... on_Neo.php

Daniel wrote:Even the guys from PSLS are divided. hehehe

Top 5 Reasons Why We Don’t Want PS4K
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... want-ps4k/
They also listed why they want a PS4K :lol: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... /#/slide/1

These guys are no different from us either, so I'm not sure why what they think matters anyway.

Not everyone is going to embrace this move (clearly) but to begrudge something because it gives consumers more options? I don't understand it. I reacted to your post because you were upset you felt like the ps4 was being left behind, and obsolete, and that you didn't want something that would make your product feel inferior. I provided you arguments as to why having a new piece of hardware out there isn't going to fundamentally change that a console launched in 2013 is always going to be left behind from a graphical and performance perspective.

To not want a neo which is a response to changing hardware needs, and for consumers who want more is something I just don't understand.
nayj
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: nReiz

Kawawa naman ang mga developers. I smell day one patch specific on either PS4 or PS4.5, and probably more often.
---
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
---
Currently Playing:
Nioh (PS4)
jaropon18
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: jaropon18

I just got me a 4K tv and played my PS4 on it. The graphics looks too sharp when it is upscaled medyo masakit sa mata pero okay naman, if you don't mind some ghosting issues. I would suggest getting PS4NEO (4K) if you have a UHDTV. Pero kung wala, stick with PS4. :)
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Daniel wrote:It's terrible because out of 8GB of RAM, 5GB are only assigned to games. :(
They could provide more if they could but it'll be a bottleneck especially with the bandwidth the PS4 has. The efficient amount is really just 5GB.
:bigmouth:
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/08/ ... n_new_york
Rumour: PS4K Neo May Be Revealed 7th September in New York
A French website has thrown its blue beret into the rumour mill, indicating that "sources" have told it that the revised hardware will be officially revealed on 7th September in New York.
http://www.gameblog.fr/news/61179-la-ps ... on-nos-inf
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...sa palagay nyo? pag di tinapatan ng Neo ang scorpio interms of power medyo babaligtad ang laban? or mahirap na mahabol ng ms?
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
z3kEn
Momento Mori

Tibarn wrote:...sa palagay nyo? pag di tinapatan ng Neo ang scorpio interms of power medyo babaligtad ang laban? or mahirap na mahabol ng ms?
Magiging parang 6th gen ang laban nyan xD
Sa palagay ko Good move yan for sony releasing the neo early :)
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Bethesda Is a ‘Big Fan’ of the PS4 Neo Hardware Upgrade
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... e-upgrade/

That's because I see Bethesda as mainly PC developers and it's normal for PC hardware to upgrade in a shorter time than consoles. At least the consoles we used to know.
z3kEn
Momento Mori

Rumor: Sony Worried About Project Scorpio, Wants to Increase PlayStation 4 Neo Specs
http://segmentnext.com/2016/08/09/rumor ... neo-specs/

More power pa more :D