PlayStation 4 Pro

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?

Will you buy a PS4K at launch?

Yes, Day 1
21%
Yes, but not day 1, I might get when it becomes cheaper
28%
Yes, but when I get a better TV
12%
No, i still have a PS4
26%
Nah, ps4pro what?!
2%
No, i'd rather wait for PS5
12%

Total votes: 43
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

another reason to hold up my cash :lol:
Although wala naman akong 4K na TV pero ok na rin for an investment. Mas powerful PS4, mas mahabang life-span.
Saka ewan ko ba kung may madagdag na features. Basta within 20-25k na budget bundled or not, i think kaya pa naman hehehe..
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

Not bothered kung magkakaroon nga market segmentation due to hardware differences.

By the time this is released, my PS4 would be a few years old by then. An upgrade would be inevitable.

Good thing about this is, There's something to look forward to. It wouldn't be like you're repurchasing rhe same hardware a few years down the line

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
kobemvp24
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: kobemvp024

Sony will release the PlayStation 4.5 this holiday season priced at $399.99, according to a new video published by Roster Teeth's multimedia channel, The Know.

The site also claims that developers are already working on new titles for the revamped hardware, which is reported to offer a significant performance upgrade over the existing PS4 model.

Apparently, games that are developed with PS4.5 in mind will still work on your original console, albeit with a noticeable change in performance. The rumor follows on from extensive reports on PS4.5 that surfaced, where Eurogamer claimed via independent sources that Sony's R&D lab is already prototyping the device.

source: http://www.psu.com/news/29658/Rumor--PS ... -cost-$400
PS4 ASIAN 2TB
PSVITA 16GB
PS3 SUPER SLIM 500GB
N3DSXL M4HU LE

currently playing:

PS4 - FFVII HD, Digimon Story Cybersleuth
PS3 - Trails of Cold Steel, Lost Dimension
PSV - Tales of Heart R, Persona $ Golden
3DS - Xenoblade HD
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

LoL! bagsak agad resale value ng PS4.
Pero sana they ship this new unit with at least 1tb of hdd space by default.
PSN ID (PS4): Gh0st0fSparta12 XBL GT (XB1): xgh0st12x NNID (WiiU): xgh0st12x
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
crycec
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday
PSN ID: crycec

I really hope this is a modular upgrade and not a whole new console. Kawawa naman kaming naunang bumili. T_T
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...sabi upgraded lang daw nito yung streaming capability, pwede na ata manood sa mga 4k tvs with max reso. Pero gaming di ata.
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Apparently, games that are developed with PS4.5 in mind will still work on your original console, albeit with a noticeable change in performance.
Ito yung pangit. Hindi na pantay ang gaming experience. Ano ito? PC? Sabagay PC-like architecture.

Gawin pa nila ito. Goodbye, PlayStation na. :banghead:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

But..why? I guess I've been meaning to replace my R3 unit with a proper R1..but.. why, Sony?
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Kung sana katulad lang ito nung PS2 na may upgrade para maglaro ng progressive scan yung mga DVD. Walang issue pag ganun. Pero pag gaming, may red flag. :(
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...baka ganyan nga lang, di naman siguro mag uupgrade ang sony na maaapektuhan yung mga lumang units in-terms sa gaming. Parang may nag hint nga na para lang sa 4k reso streaming ata yung upgrade.
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: DonKB-PSX

I was hoping na kung may PS4.5 / PS4K eh para lang ma-retain yung level of detail ng game kapag naka-VR (maybe even faster load times). Parang sa 3DS. Meron yatang game na kapag naka regular 3DS disabled yung 3D feature? But I guess we will find out soon.
Your friendly neighborhood, generic bald and filthy casual gamer

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
PS4 "Amateur" (CUH-1106A) - June 5, 2015 to Present
PS5 - June 18, 2022 to Present
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

This brings me back sa PS3 days. I remember buying my first PS3 then finding out na wala na yung backward compatibility. Kinda bummed me out that the new version of the PS3 is a downgrade from the previous one.

Ngayon naman, upgrade ang gagawin nila. For me, good thing talaga ito.

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

There's some good info that leaked that makes it look like that this will be a significant hardware upgrade. The GPU in particular will be twice as powerful as the ps4. This will be released q1 2017 allegedly.

I'm fine with this, as long as all games will be compatible with og ps4. Will hold off upgrading unless I see something really significant in terms of performance of games that take advantage of the new hardware.
kobemvp24
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: kobemvp024

Price and Trade-Ins

The price is currently $399. There were discussions about including a better CPU, which would raise the price to $499, a price that is guaranteed to be the maximum amount one might have to pay for the upgraded console.

There are currently no plans for a trade-in program for PlayStation 4 owners, but that could change.

GPU and Blu-ray Player

The GPU is twice as powerful as the current PlayStation 4 and much faster. It runs at higher clock speed and is much smaller than the original.

It will have a 4K Blu-ray player and upscale games that are not 4K-native. (This is not to say that newer games will run 4K-native.)

Media Player Application

There is talk of a “VR Lounge” for the Media Player application, which will be getting a substantial upgrade.

Dev Kits and Existing Games

Developers already have development kits for the new PlayStation 4 and are making games that will directly target and take advantage of its higher specs. These games will work on the current PlayStation 4, but with considerable sacrifices made to performance.

Current games will not receive any performance upgrades by being played on the newer system. Any upgrades that come would do so via game-specific patches released by developers. When asked if this was going to happen, the response was, “It’s a possibility but doubtful with the exception of a handful of games.”

Launch Games

The following games will directly take advantage of the new PlayStation 4 at launch:

EVE: Valkyrie (PlayStation VR)
Robinson: The Journey (PlayStation VR)
Gran Turismo Sport (PS4, PlayStation VR)
Deep Down (PS4)
GOW4 (presumably God of War 4) (PS4)

source: http://gematsu.com/2016/03/rumor-ps4-5- ... RssmUUS.99
PS4 ASIAN 2TB
PSVITA 16GB
PS3 SUPER SLIM 500GB
N3DSXL M4HU LE

currently playing:

PS4 - FFVII HD, Digimon Story Cybersleuth
PS3 - Trails of Cold Steel, Lost Dimension
PSV - Tales of Heart R, Persona $ Golden
3DS - Xenoblade HD
LENNUJ
Carnage Heart
Carnage Heart
PSN ID: LENNUJ666

sana naman yung games di na iniinstall sa hdd t@&!na lakas makaubos ng space. yung mga patch updates na lang sana umubos. or my options install game data tapos bahala na ang user kung ano trip nya
Sony KD-43X8000D, PS4 2TB, PS Vita Slim 16GB, PS3 Slim 500GB, PS2 classic
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

putek ano to pc? hindi pantay ang quality ng games?

sabagay pc-like architecture. but still, this is console gaming!
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Daniel wrote:putek ano to pc? hindi pantay ang quality ng games?

sabagay pc-like architecture. but still, this is console gaming!
I used to think this way too, but as long as theoretic ps4 games on the old ps4 hardware are still optimized for it, then it shouldn't change anything for the existing user base. I'd like to think that devs won't shortchange the existing user base.

If we can get better performance out of better hardware while still making sure that quality and optimization is still present for the original ps4 then nobody loses.

I wish there was a path to upgrade though.

Also, where I draw the line is if games will be exclusive to ps4k.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ron_bato wrote:I used to think this way too, but as long as theoretic ps4 games on the old ps4 hardware are still optimized for it, then it shouldn't change anything for the existing user base. I'd like to think that devs won't shortchange the existing user base.

If we can get better performance out of better hardware while still making sure that quality and optimization is still present for the original ps4 then nobody loses.

I wish there was a path to upgrade though.

Also, where I draw the line is if games will be exclusive to ps4k.
times have change ika nga siguro.

kung resolution lang ang pinagkaiba, okay na okay lang. pero kung may texture upgrades, less noticeable jaggies, etc sa ps4k, foul na.

sa new 3ds merong exclusive games at major game pa (xenoblade) at hindi malabong gawin nila sa ps4k. :(
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ we will see if that happens, but until this is officially announced and nothing is set yet I'll hold off on my outrage.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

cool thing. :D

ako nauna lang agad ang rage mode. :rofl: