The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

Yup, nasa disc na yun 2 DLC stories.
You can play them separately kasi available agad sila sa main screen or you can go to their respective quests from the main game.

Complete Edition is NA.
GOTY is EU.

Eto pa rin ang nilalaro ko ngayon.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

sulit ba mga dlc neto? kasi plano ko mag digital na lang pero malaki ang size ng GOTY while yung vanilla 20gb+ lang tapos mas mura... :sweat:

balita ko malaki din daw patch neto...
**** ****!
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sulit ang base game at lahat ng DLCs nito, pafs.
Baka mabitin ko lang sa base game lalo na't alam mo may mga DLCs ito lalo na yun expansion stories na Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine.
Gusto ko sana mag-post ng youtube links dito pero ayoko ma-spoil ka.
Medyo nagsisisi nga ako at nabenta ko agad ito dahil hanggang ngayon marami pa rin ako na-didiscover sa game na hindi ko na-discover/nagawa noon.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

i dont usually care about DLC kahit pa missions lang sya. Minsan kasi parang saglitan lang and dont offer much value - atleast dun sa mga titles na nalaro ko na.

Pero dahil pinaalala mo yung YT, panoorin ko na nga lang ang ending. I dont mind being spoiled, its about the gameplay that matters to me naman. Ganyan ginawa ko sa ibang games ko, nauna ko panoorin yung ending bago ko binili at nag enjoy pa rin naman ako nung nilaro ko na. :sweat:
**** ****!
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Iba yun DLC expansion stories nito, pafs. Hindi lang sya missions kundi main missions and lots of additional side missions and additional interesting characters.

Kung papanoorin mo na lang sa YT, yun PC version mas mataas ang resolution and details. naka-max settings daw kasi.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

so tantsa mo, by itself how long ang duration ng mga dlc na yan?
**** ****!
alex042795
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: alex042795

grayfox17 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:03 pm so tantsa mo, by itself how long ang duration ng mga dlc na yan?
Lagpas 30 hrs din yung Blood and Wine. Pwede na nga maging standalone game dahil sa content yun :lol:
[RPHS] PSN: alex042795 -PS4/PSV/PS3
XBL: AlexPapaPH
NNID: alexpapaph
Switch FC: 7896-0448-2000

Solid Green and Gold
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

And I think mga 20 hours naman yun Heart of Stone. Depende rin kung puro main quests lang ang habol mo or pati mga side quests.
Pero meron mga major side quests na may impact sa main quest line.
santong_banana
PlayStation
PlayStation

The DLCs can be considered full games. In fact, Blood & Wine won RPG of the year during the Game awards 2016. That says a lot about its quality.
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

And Toussant is very beautiful. Duchess Anna Henrietta is hot.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

hmmm....salamat sa mga inputs mga pogi! mas natatakam tuloy ako bumili...sana lang may stocks. :sweat:

or kung may mag mamagandang loob na bigyan ako ng kopya.. :lol: tatanawin kong malaking utang na kapogian yun. :win:
**** ****!
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Meron ako nakikita sa olx na mga used copies pero iilan lang yun mga GOTY/Complete Edition.

Try mo ito: https://www.olx.ph/item/witcher-3-wild- ... b5af7ece05
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

nakikita ko din yang mga yan pero choosy ako eh, never ako bumibili ng 2nd hand... gusto ko either brand new or libreng bigay. :sweat:
**** ****!
santong_banana
PlayStation
PlayStation

Kung gusto mo makamura, 850 php lang sa Steam sale (yan ay kung may PC ka hehe). Sobrang sulit nyan.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^walang problema sa kin mag digital, masyado lang mabagal ang internet connection ko :sweat: dalawang linggo siguro bago ko matatapos idownload yan haha... pumapalo pa naman ng 40gb+ yung GOTY pero yung vanilla nasa 20gb+... :sweat:
**** ****!
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

I've had this game since 2016 but never got around to playing it since I know it's a long game and I didn't have the commitment yet to begin. Needless to say this game has alot of hype to it and that's what urged me to "stock" it in the first place.

I started playing it last weekend, and I feel that again, a map with alot of things to do is not my thing. Sure there are games like that that I like but I find the quests and item gathering rather tedious.

I don't know, I keep dying alot as well. I am using the whole defense to survive but to be honest, dodging and defending is boring.

Storywise, I don't feel invested..yet. Perhaps I'm still early into the plot to care about the characters. There's just alot of things to do that keeps me progressing at a steady pace, dying all over the place isn't helping. To be honest, the only thing I'm curious at is if I'll ever see Ciri naked because I don't care much for Yennifer. :D Please don't tell me, I might lose more interest if you say it's not going to happen.

Overall, I think what's not appealing to me is that there's alot of features. ALOT of items to sort through that I know if I should sell or keep or dismantle. There's just alot of things in the menu to consider I find it frustrating. I just don't know if I'm doing it right or if it has bigger implications later on.
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: chard_newfag

Oink McOink wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:59 pm I've had this game since 2016 but never got around to playing it since I know it's a long game and I didn't have the commitment yet to begin. Needless to say this game has alot of hype to it and that's what urged me to "stock" it in the first place.

I started playing it last weekend, and I feel that again, a map with alot of things to do is not my thing. Sure there are games like that that I like but I find the quests and item gathering rather tedious.

I don't know, I keep dying alot as well. I am using the whole defense to survive but to be honest, dodging and defending is boring.

Storywise, I don't feel invested..yet. Perhaps I'm still early into the plot to care about the characters. There's just alot of things to do that keeps me progressing at a steady pace, dying all over the place isn't helping. To be honest, the only thing I'm curious at is if I'll ever see Ciri naked because I don't care much for Yennifer. :D Please don't tell me, I might lose more interest if you say it's not going to happen.

Overall, I think what's not appealing to me is that there's alot of features. ALOT of items to sort through that I know if I should sell or keep or dismantle. There's just alot of things in the menu to consider I find it frustrating. I just don't know if I'm doing it right or if it has bigger implications later on.
1. Yes this game has a lot of hype and after playing the earlier games and giving it a chance I can say that it deserves whatever recognition it got. It has almost everything a modern game should have; graphics, features, multi-platform, awesome support (4k, upcoming HDR, ultrawide support, SLI etc.), no DRM, DLC done right (content packed, no micro-transaction/lootbox type). Note that this came from someone who doesn't really like story-driven open world games.

2. Can see why the game can be overwhelming but its not Disgaea 2+ or Divinity: Original Sin levels of complexity. It isn't too bad if you just focus on one quest at a time and you can skip the non-main quests if you find doing them tedious.

3. Battle system is the weakest point of the game. Only tip, use Quen everytime its gone.

4. That's why I played the first two games, too bad the first is PC exclusive while the second has both a PC and XBox 360 version. There are a lot of references and events that I don't get that I eventually understood upon finishing the earlier games. Perhaps you can find the novel or even the synopsis of the stories of the first two if playing them isn't an option. Don't care for Yennefer either, but I love the "other" love interest.

5. Just sell stuffs if you need money, dismantle if you don't. Hard to go wrong on this game.

Bottomline, think about my advice at #4 and if it doesn't work out then I guess the game isn't your cup of tea. Nothing wrong with that as I also shunned games that are considered GOTY material like Uncharted.

Now Playing: Tekken 7, Gwent: Homecoming (PC), Detroit: Become Human (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

"Substance over style, quality over quantity, practicality over idealism."
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Perhaps joining the FB group "The Witcher's Lair" will entice you more as you can chat with other fans of this game.
I found out about the group when I started playing The Witcher 3 last year. Take note that the game was released sometime in 2015 and still even today, fans are still talking about it.
When I tackled the Death March mode (the hardest difficuly), I relied on Quen for every encounter. For armor, I chose the Ursine set of the Bear school to make a tanky Geralt. I rarely block attack and mostly on evade and attack. My combo mostly comprises of "wait for enemy to attack, evade, deal heavy attack, break out, wait for the enemy attack again". This is on Death March difficulty. On lower difficuly, you could almost always just barrage the enemies with normal attacks. Bosses and big enemies requires strategy tho.

I didnt' play the prequels of Witcher 3. But after playing it along with its 2 DLC stories (I got the complete edition), I became a fan.
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

ChardPurple wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:59 pm 1. Yes this game has a lot of hype and after playing the earlier games and giving it a chance I can say that it deserves whatever recognition it got. It has almost everything a modern game should have; graphics, features, multi-platform, awesome support (4k, upcoming HDR, ultrawide support, SLI etc.), no DRM, DLC done right (content packed, no micro-transaction/lootbox type). Note that this came from someone who doesn't really like story-driven open world games.

2. Can see why the game can be overwhelming but its not Disgaea 2+ or Divinity: Original Sin levels of complexity. It isn't too bad if you just focus on one quest at a time and you can skip the non-main quests if you find doing them tedious.

3. Battle system is the weakest point of the game. Only tip, use Quen everytime its gone.

4. That's why I played the first two games, too bad the first is PC exclusive while the second has both a PC and XBox 360 version. There are a lot of references and events that I don't get that I eventually understood upon finishing the earlier games. Perhaps you can find the novel or even the synopsis of the stories of the first two if playing them isn't an option. Don't care for Yennefer either, but I love the "other" love interest.

5. Just sell stuffs if you need money, dismantle if you don't. Hard to go wrong on this game.

Bottomline, think about my advice at #4 and if it doesn't work out then I guess the game isn't your cup of tea. Nothing wrong with that as I also shunned games that are considered GOTY material like Uncharted.
2. Great, I was planning to stock on Divinity too but now...meh.. :D Not just quests that sidetracks me, it's also the "Hey, there's a question mark near me while on the way to the main quest, better find out what it is since I'm close by...aaaaaaand I'm dead"

3. Oh I use Quen like crazy. Aside from Igni, I don't even remember what the others are. Yeah, the battle system's kinda confusing, I don't think it's necessary to have 3 buttons for defense. I don't even remember how to use the crossbow anymore. I even died alot of times early in the game because I unsheathed my weapons where I shouldn't have. I wish the battle system was as simple and smooth as Shadow of Mordor.

4. I actually have the first 2 games before I even stocked 3. I stopped playing kasi laptop lang meron ako. Been meaning to assemble a desktop pero nadidiskaril plans ko. I played a bit of Part 1, mga 2 hours. I watched a synopsis of the first 2 din just to understand what's going on in 3.

5. That's good to know, madami na kasi stock sa chest ko.

I'm not dropping the game, though. I don't really sell any of my games once I'm done or if I didn't like it so there's really no point in not playing it. I'll just have to git good.
Sn@kemaru wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:52 pm Perhaps joining the FB group "The Witcher's Lair" will entice you more as you can chat with other fans of this game.
I found out about the group when I started playing The Witcher 3 last year. Take note that the game was released sometime in 2015 and still even today, fans are still talking about it.
When I tackled the Death March mode (the hardest difficuly), I relied on Quen for every encounter. For armor, I chose the Ursine set of the Bear school to make a tanky Geralt. I rarely block attack and mostly on evade and attack. My combo mostly comprises of "wait for enemy to attack, evade, deal heavy attack, break out, wait for the enemy attack again". This is on Death March difficulty. On lower difficuly, you could almost always just barrage the enemies with normal attacks. Bosses and big enemies requires strategy tho.

I didnt' play the prequels of Witcher 3. But after playing it along with its 2 DLC stories (I got the complete edition), I became a fan.
I will join that group. I'm following the EA microtransaction controversy and Witcher 3 keeps popping up during discussion kaya ayun, nilaro ko na. The Ursine Set is a great advice. I think being a tank suits my play style. I rarely block din, I don't even remember what button it is.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Naka-sale ngayon yung Witcher 1 & 2 sa PC. Around $5 for those 2 games.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)