[OT] The Last Of Us Remastered

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
alex042795
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: alex042795

tapos ko na din yung Left Behind :2thumbs: mas madami pa yung trophies ko dito sa DLC kesa sa main game :lol:
[RPHS] PSN: alex042795 -PS4/PSV/PS3
XBL: AlexPapaPH
NNID: alexpapaph
Switch FC: 7896-0448-2000

Solid Green and Gold
cauterized619
Myst
Myst

hi guys, planning to buy this on ps4..naka one playthrough lang ako neto sa ps3 and di ko pa nalalaro yung left behind na dlc.
tanong ko lang .. worth ba uli laruin ito sa ps4? i mean is there really a huge difference in terms of graphics? gusto ko kasi laruin ito
kaya lang napapa isip ako kung sa ps3 nalnag ba uli or go for ps4 version na ako? any suggestion guys?
PS4 500GB
PS3 Slim 320GB
PS Vita
Xbox One
Xbox 360 (RIP)
Nintendo 3DS
Mandac8
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Mandac_08

^
Sell Your PS3 Copy, Then Buy the Remastered(PS4).
A Very Huge Difference in terms of Graphics Plus All DLC are Included (Left Behind)
"Riding is my LIFE.
Anything that happens
before or after is
just Waiting."
jmsv
Silverload
Silverload

Wierd. After nung pinadownload sakin yung map. After 3days naglaro ulit ako pinapadownload ulit sakin tpos nung dodownload ko na 'alrrady installed' na yung nakalagay.. hindi na tuloy ako makalaro ng mp :(

LAKERS SUCKS!

You Miss 100% of the Shots You Never Take
flamingo_cancel
Arc the Lad
Arc the Lad
PSN ID: cha-arc

^try restore licenses. Settings ~ PSN ~ restore licenses
http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... cense.html
PSN id: cha-arc
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

Just finished the game. Great graphics, especially for PS4 and good story with an ending that makes you think...

Problem is that I found the gameplay to be repetitive and sometimes, I just wanted to skip the gameplay sections and get on with the story. Only four enemy types (human, runner, clicker and bloater), puzzles feel mostly like filler, and basically the game just doesn't introduce anything new. If you've played the first few hours, that's basically all that you'll be doing for the rest of the game.

My favorite chapter has got to be the Winter chapter and that's mostly because it introduced some new gameplay mechanics, but the chapter after that was just more of the same.

Sakin lang Jak series pa rin ang high point ng Naughty Dog.
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ Anong difficulty linaro mo and did you use listen mode? In my opinion the game feels too easy and repetitive when you use listen mode and you are on normal difficulty.

What makes the game feel fresh and dynamic after each encounter is the great AI and the limited resources that come with hard mode (and by turning off listen mode). By turning off listen mode, you make more mistakes, the AI gets to outsmart you and every encounter feels different. Also, by making more mistakes, you get to see a lot of what makes Ellie as an AI companion special.

I played the PS3 version on normal and with listen mode on. And I played the PS4 version on hard and listen mode off. I realized that I had made a huge mistake playing with listen mode on the first time because it made the game too easy and predictable (and in hindsight, very repetitive).

If you played with listen mode on and on normal difficulty = you're doing it wrong. The game shines in hard mode, and using listen mode takes away a lot of the stress, tension and great dynamic gameplay that lets the last of us' gameplay shine.
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

Um, why put Listen mode there in the first place then? Sorry to be blunt, but putting a handicap in order to enjoy the game feels like a poor excuse. It's like playing Mario but not using the power ups. Granted, listen mode became less useful in the later chapters so I'll have to give the game props for that. By comparison, Metal Gear Solid was still enjoyable even with the Radar on.

I'll try playing the game again on hard, but if that's the case then Naughty Dog should have either made hard mode the default difficulty or restricted Listen mode to easy.
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ I look at it as listen mode was put in to make the game feel easier. Let's put it this way, the 'listen mode' in Arkham games is justifiable because it's batman and he has that technology, why should joel have a 'listen/xray mode'? to me having the listen mode actually gimps the game and was included because the game was a stressful exprience without it. For example, I didn't touch Dead Space 1 for 3 months because I couldn't play it anymore, and playing the last of us without listen mode felt as stressful, if you're not into hardcore games and don't want to feel that way then listen mode is for you. This is a AAA game and they're trying to sell it to as big an audience as possible. Some people will not like the stress that the game puts without listen mode on.

Anyway it was just a suggestion :lol: I'm just basing it on my experience, and if you don't want to take my word for it then I don't mind. I'm just saying my main complaint of going into a room, using listen mode to see where everybody is, throwing a brick, rinse and repeat was resolved when I turned listen mode off and it was a much more enjoyable experience for me.

edit: My PS4 TLoU experience was me with surround sound headphones, listen mode off, and on hard mode and (graphics and photo mode aside) it was much more enjoyable than my ps3 playthrough with the listen mode on and on normal difficulty. The main difference between normal and hard was that supplies were much more scarce -- i thought supplies were too generous on normal. The game never felt artificially challenging to me (in my opinion those were the grounded and survivor modes where there was a damage multiplier).
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

the best way to experience the game is to turn off listen mode and go into Hard and above difficulty, every encounter is then a life and death encounter and you really have to save your supplies etc.

it is fitting that the game won 200+ GOTY awards in the same year GTA V was released, amazing stuff
xblitz23
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Power Serve 3D Tennis
PSN ID: xblitz23

I'm currently playing Grounded mode gunning for Platinum Trophy, and minsan stuck ako for an hour or two doing same scene again and again, minsan sa sobrang disappointment ko, naglalaro muna ako ng ibang games tapos TLOU ulit para tapusin yung scene na di ko matapos, alam mo yun experience na mala "Darks Souls, Demon Souls" wherein one shot ka ng mga kalaban dahil sa limited supplies, so kelangan mag strategize ka talaga (stealth, ammo, items, when to combat etc.)
PS4 since August 18, 2014
Currently playing : Diablo 3 UEE, The Last Of Us Remastered
Add me on PSN : kamikosci
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

I don't think you need Grounded for the Platinum though but yup I have to admire someone who finishes in grounded mode
xblitz23
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Power Serve 3D Tennis
PSN ID: xblitz23

are you talking about the "glitch" continuing the game, in new game + so that you can finish the game in survivor + and still get platinum trophy?
PS4 since August 18, 2014
Currently playing : Diablo 3 UEE, The Last Of Us Remastered
Add me on PSN : kamikosci
NelsonMuntz
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
Kileak: The DNA Imperative

ron_bato wrote:^ I look at it as listen mode was put in to make the game feel easier. Let's put it this way, the 'listen mode' in Arkham games is justifiable because it's batman and he has that technology, why should joel have a 'listen/xray mode'? to me having the listen mode actually gimps the game and was included because the game was a stressful exprience without it. For example, I didn't touch Dead Space 1 for 3 months because I couldn't play it anymore, and playing the last of us without listen mode felt as stressful, if you're not into hardcore games and don't want to feel that way then listen mode is for you. This is a AAA game and they're trying to sell it to as big an audience as possible. Some people will not like the stress that the game puts without listen mode on.

Anyway it was just a suggestion :lol: I'm just basing it on my experience, and if you don't want to take my word for it then I don't mind. I'm just saying my main complaint of going into a room, using listen mode to see where everybody is, throwing a brick, rinse and repeat was resolved when I turned listen mode off and it was a much more enjoyable experience for me.

edit: My PS4 TLoU experience was me with surround sound headphones, listen mode off, and on hard mode and (graphics and photo mode aside) it was much more enjoyable than my ps3 playthrough with the listen mode on and on normal difficulty. The main difference between normal and hard was that supplies were much more scarce -- i thought supplies were too generous on normal. The game never felt artificially challenging to me (in my opinion those were the grounded and survivor modes where there was a damage multiplier).
@ron_bato, how about deactivating listen mode on normal difficulty, ok din ba yun settings na yun to avoid the redundancy
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ Sure, it's worth a try. The main difference between normal and hard is the amount of supplies, and my slight increase in damage ata sa hard. Nung normal run ko kasi dati parang lagi ako stocked sa supplies, sa hard mode, hindi naman ako sobrang gutom sa supplies, pero hindi din ako laging well stocked. So every encounter, you have to think things through, and the margin for error is very small.

Plus, isang advantage (and probably my favorite) of going no listen mode, mas helpful si Ellie (dahil nagkakamali ka, pag perfect kasi execution mo, hindi ka na kailangan tulungan ni Ellie). Nung naka on yung listen mode dati, I could perfect any encounter because you knew where your enemies were going to be. I was rarely caught off guard. With listen mode off, nafflank ako ng kalaban, tapos minsan isisigaw ni Ellie kung saan manggagaling or babatuhin niya ng brick.

At any rate, I'm just sharing my experience on what I thought made the last of us more enjoyable for me. Iba yung experience with listen mode off, much more dynamic and much more tense para sa akin. :)
sweetmisery
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha

Plat this game 2 weeks ago(and also plat the PS3 version last year); and also got 100% trophies for DLCs(Left Behind, Grounded Mode and Grounded+, and all the multiplayer DLC trophies). Feels good.
Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme
PSN ID: Fantasy_GamerX

Wala ako balak i-plat 'to. Stressful. Wahahahaha!

"A SOLDIER First Class performs above and beyond the call of duty at all times." --- Angeal Hewley, CCFFVII
Lawyer • Gamer • Lover • Father
TCB
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race
PSN ID: Thechrisbondoc

Di ko matapos tapos yung subway clickers lol
mike013
Krazy Ivan
Krazy Ivan
PSN ID: mikhail013

guys question lang for example may na-miss ako na conversation Located in Chapter 2 in the Quarantine Zone at na complete ko naman na yung mga further conversations, pag nag select ba ako ng chapter in the end after finishing the story at babalikan ko yung namiss ko makukuha ko ba yung trophy?
Cast your shadow over all. Wings of night! Bahamut!
PSN - mikhail013
sweetmisery
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha

mike013 wrote:guys question lang for example may na-miss ako na conversation Located in Chapter 2 in the Quarantine Zone at na complete ko naman na yung mga further conversations, pag nag select ba ako ng chapter in the end after finishing the story at babalikan ko yung namiss ko makukuha ko ba yung trophy?

Yeah, you will.