Globe Broadband Thread

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
sdk_shibito
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: sdk_hibari

Question,

So did anyone here (globe broadband user) have played any online games normally ( with minimal lag and such...) such as MGO and LBP?
MGO ID: SDK_hibari
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

@dgr81

Anong Prolink? Dalawa kasi ang Prolink ng modem sa pagkakaalam ko.

@sdk_shibito

I play MGO. Lag depends on the host. If the host if from the US, then expect lag. But if the host if from Singapore, Hong Kong, or Japan, lag is minimal. At sa ikaiinit ng ulo natin, kapag ang host ay PLDT ang gamit... sobra ang lag! Ganun din mangyayari sa kanila kapag tayo naman ang host.
:bigmouth:
ejsz
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer
PSN ID: jzosa

darkwing_uop wrote:ok first thing first, updated ba ang firmware sa PS3, 2nd, is the Globe modem functioning as a router? not as a bridge?
updated ang firmware. what do you mean by ur 2nd question sir? aztech TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION modem eh. im not really sure. im using buffalo wireless router. tnry ko na dn gawing wired TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION connection ko direct to the router, and also direct to the modem. ok naman internet sa ps3. TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION playstation network TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION tlga ang ayaw. nkakainis nga eh,
psn ID: jzosa
dgr81
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: jon1074

jsnepo wrote:@dgr81

Anong Prolink? Dalawa kasi ang Prolink ng modem sa pagkakaalam ko.

sir d ko sure which 1 eh. can u just give both solutions for each.
Lakers all the way

psn id:jon1074
family com....dead
supernes......sold
sega............given away
ps 1
3d0..............sold
dreamcast....sold
ps 2 fat..sold
ps 2 slim..sold
psp
wii
ps3 40gb..im back
Xbox 360 jasper
ejsz
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

sayang. TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION globe ko is 1223 kbps dl speed, 339 kbps upload sa speedtest.net. ok naman lahat ng internet connections, kaso d naman ako makaonline gaming and sign in sa psn dhl dw sa modem. tinawagan ko na globe and sbi nila ganun daw talaga TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION aztech na modem. oh well. mgpapalit na TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION ako ng isp.
sdk_shibito
Myst
Myst

@ jsnepo

If it's ok may I ask your subscribed connection speed?
ccp900
Myst
Myst

ejsz wrote:sayang. TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION globe ko is 1223 kbps dl speed, 339 kbps upload sa speedtest.net. ok naman lahat ng internet connections, kaso d naman ako makaonline gaming and sign in sa psn dhl dw sa modem. tinawagan ko na globe and sbi nila ganun daw talaga TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION aztech na modem. oh well. mgpapalit na TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION ako ng isp.
why dont you just ask them to change the modem? its your right naman eh.
ejsz
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

anyone else here using the aztech modem who can't play online???
dgr81
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: jon1074

prolink hurricane 5200 modem ng friend ko sa globelines nag nat 2 kahit walang router. hirap tuoy kami maka laro. any solution???
Lakers all the way

psn id:jon1074
family com....dead
supernes......sold
sega............given away
ps 1
3d0..............sold
dreamcast....sold
ps 2 fat..sold
ps 2 slim..sold
psp
wii
ps3 40gb..im back
Xbox 360 jasper
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

@dgr81

Ito na lang. Check your modem if it supports UPnP. If it does, enable it. Then enable UPnP on your PS3 as well.

@sdk_shibito

2 Mbps sa akin.
sdk_shibito
Myst
Myst

Do you still get a red ping in some matches? I started playing yesterday there was minimal lag in the game but there numerous times that I have experienced delayed gunfire. What is lag in MGO is it like in most MMORPGS (ragnarok etc..) which you could not move?
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

I do. Latency will always be there. But lag in MGO isn't like what MMORPGs have. You will still move but the effects of your actions are delayed like killing another player, etc.
Mukumuku
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: CH1N1T0-

simple lang ba mag set up ng wireless cnxn for ps3? kakabili ko lang kasi ng d-link na router. naka wireless internet na ang bahay! yey.. pero di nila alam haha..

TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION ps3 na lang ba ang akin iseset up?
When you fly in the sky, simply divine, you're dreaming. Leave your worries behind, cuz' that's imagination. Can you feel it tonight, the fire inside? It's burning.

http://ch1n1t0.deviantart.com/
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Mukumuku wrote:simple lang ba mag set up ng wireless cnxn for ps3? kakabili ko lang kasi ng d-link na router. naka wireless internet na ang bahay! yey.. pero di nila alam haha..

TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION ps3 na lang ba ang akin iseset up?
Try mo yung automated setup ng wifi ng PS3. It should detect your wireless router automatically.
Mukumuku
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: CH1N1T0-

ok na dude.. buti na lang simple. parang psp din pala. at im thankful because my router is user-friendsly
When you fly in the sky, simply divine, you're dreaming. Leave your worries behind, cuz' that's imagination. Can you feel it tonight, the fire inside? It's burning.

http://ch1n1t0.deviantart.com/
flad_nag
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

GLOBE WimaX Does NOT OFFER PS3 ONLINE Play!

It's my 5th day as a wimax globe subscriber. Sorry for the word but this wimax offer from globe SUCKS BIGTIME when it comes to PS3 ONLINE PLAY - infact there is NO PS3 online play at all!

Net Surfing is no problem but online games on PS3 is a NO NO! The problem is that their router/modem connection is set to NAT3 and you cannot do anything about it because of their new modem Huawei BM625!

I'm going to ask for a cancellation of this WIMAX because one of the main reasons why I subscribed is to play PS3 games online.

This should serve as a warning to PS3 owners who are planning to subscribe to GLOBE WIMAX!!!
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Wow! I didn't know WimaX has been officially launched by Globelines here. News to me. Thanks for the warning though.

I'll try to do some research on that modem and see if it's possible to open ports.

edit: It looks like a lot of people are having a hard time opening ports with that modem. Even DMZ doesn't work. Why don't you try to update the firmware if there is an a new one to see if it will allow you to open ports. Also, give Globelines a call. Opening ports should be part of their support.
flad_nag
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

thanks for your reply.. can't upgrade the firmware coz only the admin account has access.. tried to call their customer support and as usual.. tsk tsk tsk..

..they say they only know to support PC usage.. they know nothing about PS3.. tsk tsk tsk..
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

flad_nag wrote:thanks for your reply.. can't upgrade the firmware coz only the admin account has access.. tried to call their customer support and as usual.. tsk tsk tsk..

..they say they only know to support PC usage.. they know nothing about PS3.. tsk tsk tsk..
It's not about the PS3. It's about opening the ports in their modem. It's a general thing that not only affects your PS3 but your PC as well. They should support it. Give them a call again. Never mention the PS3. Just ask them how to open ports in their modem. And it's not a software firewall issue in case they mention that.
marcjeff2285
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: dustblade2285

jsnepo wrote:
flad_nag wrote:thanks for your reply.. can't upgrade the firmware coz only the admin account has access.. tried to call their customer support and as usual.. tsk tsk tsk..

It's not about the PS3. It's about opening the ports in their modem. It's a general thing that not only affects your PS3 but your PC as well. They should support it. Give them a call again. Never mention the PS3. Just ask them how to open ports in their modem. And it's not a software firewall issue in case they mention that.
Pwede naman magonline sa NAT3 eh ako nga smart bro NAT3 connection type ko ganda naman ng online ko.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
PSN ID: mjeg0202
EMAIL: mjeg0202singapore@gmail.com

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-