Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
luca_blight
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: lang_kazan

deathzero23 wrote:In Peace Walker too, though he didn't embraced the Big Boss name in MGS3, in PW he finally called himself Big Boss with conviction
Over the course of the story, he gradually understands what their purpose is.. And I think 1/3 into the game, he finally accepts being Big Boss
-Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end.. if not in the way we always expect

-Just close your eyes...

PS3 Slim Asian (October 27, 2009)

Sino ang pinakamagandang cosplayer?

PSN id:lang_kazan
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

http://gematsu.com/2013/05/metal-gear-s ... oice-actor

Metal Gear Solid V clip teases Snake’s new voice actor
Konami has released a 16-second pre-E3 video teasing the new voice of Snake in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

As announced previously, David Hayter, the voice of Snake since the first Metal Gear Solid game, will no longer voice Snake in the upcoming sequel.

Snake’s voice actor will be unveiled on June 6 during Konami’s E3 pre-show.
Who Will Be the Voice of Snake?
shinyu7
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: shinyu7

I want to believe its still David Hayter, but having Big Boss' voice changed makes more sense. And it opens up the whole young Solid Snake cameo possibility.

Man I hope they give a release date during E3, and I sure hope they don't release a PS4 version too soon lol :))
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

gusto ko lang magspeculate.. and at the same time ask everyone here that is MGS hardcore fanatics/experts.

Did Big Boss in MG2 timeline had a cybernetic limbs? Is it different from the Snatcher Program that he undergo after his first battle with Solid Snake in MG1?

For now, i'm in the belief that Big Boss didn't have his arm amputated & replaced by a artificial hooked arm as shown in the trailer.. The title is Phantom Pain. I'm in the assumption is that Big Boss just experiencing the "sensation" of losing a limb believing he really lost his arm which the player is made to believe it too via story and gameplay.

And what is the story of Big Boss saving a resistance group from 100th basement floor level? Is it from Peace Walker? I haven't play PW yet.
z3kEn
Momento Mori

luca_blight
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: lang_kazan

Naging Jack Bauer na si Snake. :grin:
-Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end.. if not in the way we always expect

-Just close your eyes...

PS3 Slim Asian (October 27, 2009)

Sino ang pinakamagandang cosplayer?

PSN id:lang_kazan
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

big boss is now at age 49...
Malcolm_X
Philosoma
Philosoma
PSN ID: Yonogal

Multiplatform na MGS V.. Kojima WHY!?
HK PSN ID: Klebitz01
US PSN ID: Yonogal
Steam ID: Klebitz01
Naaalala ko ang iyong mga ngiti at mga yakap (na may 3 tapik sa likod) na nagsasabing, "friends lang tayo ha".
leeger
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: leeger1204

Malcolm_X wrote:Multiplatform na MGS V.. Kojima WHY!?
Huh? MGSV was a multiplatform from the start, and aside from mgsiv what other mgs games were exclusive to a single console. MGS was and is a multiplatform franchise.
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

Gameplay!!!

Red Metal Dead Gear: Solid Redemption :bigmouth: :bigmouth: :bigmouth:
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

multiplatform para kumita sila
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Malcolm_X
Philosoma
Philosoma
PSN ID: Yonogal

Kala ko magiging Exclusive sila tulad nang MGS4 di pala :sweat:
HK PSN ID: Klebitz01
US PSN ID: Yonogal
Steam ID: Klebitz01
Naaalala ko ang iyong mga ngiti at mga yakap (na may 3 tapik sa likod) na nagsasabing, "friends lang tayo ha".
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Gaining the expenses at fastest rate possible, going multi-platform is the best solution to cope up quickly for a company.
No matter how we see it, it's still a business from the game developers. Being exclusive is now out of Kojima's dictionary since Metal Gear Rising.

Sometimes i see exclusivity same as being selfish. Since PSX days, Kojima made MGS series exclusive to Sony. He always said He and Sony have same beliefs as reason to agree on being a console exclusive. Of course the business take on exclusivities is that to boost a console sales right away and these exclusive games are the console's big guns.

Those were the days. Now, I guess paying a game developers by console makers to be exclusive on their consoles are now become pricey at some point. To the point that they can no longer afford it. From being employed under Konami, Kojima has risen himself and amass billions of wealth thanks to his games and now having his own group Koji-Pro working with Konami and now a big name game makers/developers. They own the Fox Engine solely and be their trump card in game developing industry. Metal Gear Franchise and it's name is getting bigger everytime. So big that i think Sony can't pay exclusivity rights on it.

Here's my mathematical guess.. Which can bring quick sales on a game?
a.) Game Exclusives or
b.) Game that is multi and cross platform

Provided you chose letter A, how can you be sure that the potential gains/sales from making a game multi/cross platform can be covered equally or more by making it a console exclusives?

Or simply a person like Kojima just decided to share his work and reach both markets of Microsoft and Sony, knocking off the pointless Console Game Exclusive tradition/practice.
z3kEn
Momento Mori

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/metal-gear-s ... creenshots
Konami has released the nine-minute E3 trailer and 27 new screenshots of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

The publisher has also confirmed the game for release across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

The game utilizes an open-world design featuring real-time weather, realistic passage of time, and a variety of ways to navigate its vast environments. In addition to returning characters like Snake, Kazuhira Miller, Ocelot, and Emmerich, new characters will be introduced, as well. The storyline focuses on the dark themes that portray the ugliness and tragedy of war as a legendary hero falls from grace.

"MGSV: The Phantom Pain" E3 2013 Trailer (Extended Director's Cut)

full screens > http://gematsu.com/gallery/metal-gear-s ... e-11-2013/
jehuty11
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: thatsarcasticguy

may pagka david hayter din pala boses ni kiefer sutherland.
pag multiconsole owner ka ba true gamer na agad? di ba pwedeng ayaw mo lang masabihan na fanboy muna? :bigmouth:
PSN ID - Strangebrew11

<(_)>You have earned a trophy.
_/_\_Wala
Wala
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

real time.. so that means.. if you wanna go stealth at night in the game, you need to play the game at night?
i've seen the extended trailer.. I think the guy wearing a beret is Roy Campbell..
z3kEn
Momento Mori

Next-gen Metal Gear Solid V will look better than E3 trailer
E3 trailer "more tuned to current generation" consoles.

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/next-gen-met ... e3-trailer

At E3 this week, Kojima Productions showed an impressive in-game trailer for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain after announcing the game would come to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One alongside current generation hardware.

But according to studio boss Hideo Kojima, that E3 presentation was “more tuned to current generation” in terms of its models and textures.

“Once we start going into development for next-generation we’re definitely looking for something better than [what] we have shown today,” Kojima told Polygon.

Kojima added that the developer is aiming for 60 frames per second and a higher resolution for the game’s next-gen versions.

“We’re using the current-generation as a [guideline],” he said. “While we were developing on current-gen, next-gen came long. We’re really trying to reach the peak of the current generation right now — 360, PS3 — and then see how much we can take it up for the next-generation.”
z3kEn
Momento Mori

Next-gen Metal Gear Solid V will look better than E3 trailer
E3 trailer "more tuned to current generation" consoles.

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/next-gen-met ... e3-trailer

At E3 this week, Kojima Productions showed an impressive in-game trailer for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain after announcing the game would come to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One alongside current generation hardware.

But according to studio boss Hideo Kojima, that E3 presentation was “more tuned to current generation” in terms of its models and textures.

“Once we start going into development for next-generation we’re definitely looking for something better than [what] we have shown today,” Kojima told Polygon.

Kojima added that the developer is aiming for 60 frames per second and a higher resolution for the game’s next-gen versions.

“We’re using the current-generation as a [guideline],” he said. “While we were developing on current-gen, next-gen came long. We’re really trying to reach the peak of the current generation right now — 360, PS3 — and then see how much we can take it up for the next-generation.”
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

E3 INTERVIEW: KOJIMA ON MGS 5
FAMED DESIGNER DISCUSSES SURPRISES, NEXT-GEN AND OPEN WORLDS

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/41 ... -on-mgs-5/
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

E3 INTERVIEW: KOJIMA ON MGS 5
FAMED DESIGNER DISCUSSES SURPRISES, NEXT-GEN AND OPEN WORLDS

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/41 ... -on-mgs-5/