My PS3 no display

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
dmc172631
PlayStation
PlayStation

Hello,

I have a problem with my PS3. I don't have a display on my TV but it has power. Ever since i bought the HDMI cable tested it with my HD tv i don't have any pictures anymore. Also when i switched back to the old cable the display was totaly gone but the power is there.

May i have your thoughts on this one PS3 gurus?

Thanks in advance

DMC
pogothemonkey
PlayStation
PlayStation

Did you buy your Ps3 2nd hand?

If so, the previous owner probably had used A/V or Component cables with it for his TV.
In order to use HDMI cables ala HD interface with the Ps3, you will need to reset the video settings
of the unit.

Here's how: Make sure the Ps3 is off. Next hold the power button, keep on holding the power button even after the light turns green. You should hear another beep after the initial power up beep. Once you hear that 2nd beep like maybe 1-2 seconds after the first power up beep. Let go. And the screen menu should pop up. And give you some very specific instructions. Just follow and your set.