Piggy Bank

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

The Grasshopper and the Ants

In a field one summer's day a grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart's content. A group of ants walked by, grunting as they struggled to carry plump kernels of corn.

"Where are you going with those heavy things?" asked the grasshopper.

Without stopping, the first ant replied, "To our ant hill. This is the third kernel I've delivered today."

"Why not come and sing with me," teased the grasshopper, "instead of working so hard?"

"We are helping to store food for the winter," said the ant, "and think you should do the same."

"Winter is far away and it is a glorious day to play," sang the grasshopper.

But the ants went on their way and continued their hard work.

The weather soon turned cold. All the food lying in the field was covered with a thick white blanket of snow that even the grasshopper could not dig through. Soon the grasshopper found itself dying of hunger.

He staggered to the ants' hill and saw them handing out corn from the stores they had collected in the summer. He begged them for something to eat.

"What!" cried the ants in surprise, "haven't you stored anything away for the winter? What in the world were you doing all last summer?"

"I didn't have time to store any food," complained the grasshopper; "I was so busy playing music that before I knew it the summer was gone."

The ants shook their heads in disgust, turned their backs on the grasshopper and went on with their work.

Don't forget -- there is a time for work and a time for play!
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
SirZap
Big Daddy

If you read the starting post you would ask why the lesson says "Don't forget -- there is a time for work and a time for play!" and yet the title of the topic is Piggy Bank? Some of you might be wondering isn't the lesson is to save money for a rainy day. That is correct. But then I chose this because we are all gamers and we play most of the time. I would like to emphasize that there is time to play and time for work; in turn there is money for saving and money for spending.

Another question would be why start the topic with a nursery story? simple, this story was told for us to learn that in real life we need to work and save for money, while there is time to play and spend some of thing that could spice our lives.

Next would be, are you an ant or a grasshopper? you can answer on the poll on the link after this.
http://www.lindamichellebaron.com/antgrasspoll.html

Time and Money, that is the message. What you keep/save now can be spend on the future. There is time to spend what you save. When that rainy day comes.

So when do we need to start saving, why not start today?

Happy Saving.
Like · Comment · Share
ezelogs
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday
PSN ID: ezelogs

Amen to that sir!

Winter is coming here in the United States so i am going to start buying whole kernel corns at wal-mart.
SirZap
Big Daddy

alin ka ba dito?

Like · Comment · Share