HELP: busted PS3 network interfaces

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
randal
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: lord_randal

Hey guys.

My PS3 connected to the Internet through a wired connection but last week, my router got busted no thanks to the lightning brought about by the storm. Now it can't connect even through the wireless interface (I've replaced my router already). Based on my searches, I found that the network interface on the PS3s (I have a fat 80GB one) are on-board so I can't replace it myself since I don't have the skills to do that. I'm thinking of having it repaired by a Sony authorized technician but I'm not sure if the service centers handle PS3's. I'll ask them later. In the meantime, I want to know if you guys know of a good repair man that can fix this problem preferably in QC area (anywhere in Metro Manila is fine), maybe someone that you've had good personal dealings before.

I know I might be billed high for this, so I'm also thinking of just buying a new one instead. My only problem is that I don't want to keep 2 units with one being (half) non functional. I can probably transfer it to our living room but I would still like it repaired. A PS3 with no network access (not even local) seems like a dead one.

I'm afraid the same thing happened to my 360 (I haven't checked yet), and since MS doesn't officially support it here, if you know of any good 360 repair man, please cite them as well.

Thanks.
Are you just a blade of grass blown by the wind?
randal
Myst
Myst

I just called Sony and they're not trained to fix PS3s. O_O
blakedaddy
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: blakedaddy

you have an option to enroll it to the "dark side" :bigmouth:
PSN: blakedaddy
Interested in tagalog Animes from the 90's - present? --- Ghost Fighter, Hunter X Hunter, Hajime no Ippo, Dog of Flanders, Munting Pangarap ni Romeo, Gintama, Hell Teacher Nube, etc..
add me up fb: legatosummers@yahoo.com
randal
Myst
Myst

Not even considering. Haha.
randal
Myst
Myst

Update: my 360s fine! Must be that special LAN cable that came with it that saved it. Whew!