Anyone planned/wanting to start a gaming review site?

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
AgentofChaos23
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

So as the title explains it- has anyone tried to start one up here, with the help of fellow pps members? I was very close to starting one already. I had the website already (startselectmenu.com), the logo, the weblayout, ads and all that. I just lacked funding as I was just on my own here. And admittedly, I was still naive and young. Haha.

But nows different. I'm trying to bring everything back up. Or--- some of the ideas mostly, and actually push through. But then it hit me, where better place to find partners/writers/etc than in PPS itself?

Of course this has to be tackled slowly, but I'm sure if we'e committed, it'll happen right away.

Anyways, I don't really want to make this a scouting thread. But I just wanted to inform others that I am starting something up. And would like to gather some partners. I'm sure we'd all appreciate a nice review site made by PPS, for PPS.

Anyways, has anyone accomplished such task? How are they now?
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

The only thing that makes a game review site really difficult to pull off is access to the games. And of course you need a lot of time to play through each game to make your review. Other than that, it's all about passion.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
AgentofChaos23
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

True. I can finish a game in 2-3 days at most. Then siguro another 1 week to finish it in hardest difficulty plus trophies.
And yeah, of course its pricey to get games. But I guess I'm thinking long term where the site can team up with a game store to get a small discount. And of course we advertise them. hahaha!
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Pwede ito... :D :2thumbs:

As for reviewing... hindi mo ako maaasahan diyan... :facepalm: :lol:
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

altahi wrote:Pwede ito... :D :2thumbs:

As for reviewing... hindi mo ako maaasahan diyan... :facepalm: :lol:
Same here. Hehe.

Pag hindi ko gusto ko yung game = hype

Pag gusto ko = ganda! :2thumbs: :cheer: :win:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

AgentofChaos23 wrote:True. I can finish a game in 2-3 days at most. Then siguro another 1 week to finish it in hardest difficulty plus trophies.
And yeah, of course its pricey to get games. But I guess I'm thinking long term where the site can team up with a game store to get a small discount. And of course we advertise them. hahaha!
but how about rpgs? :mrgreen:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
MADzICE
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden

Daniel wrote:
AgentofChaos23 wrote:True. I can finish a game in 2-3 days at most. Then siguro another 1 week to finish it in hardest difficulty plus trophies.
but how about rpgs? :mrgreen:
I think it's fine to do that. You dont need to know the whole story as that might just spoil it for the readers. I guest experiencing about 1/4 of the game would give you the all the mechanics and stuff that you need to say to potential players.
Mods, bat hindi TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION gawa nang lugar bawat console topics kung san pwede mag lagay nang reviews TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION mga members as a start them TC can just get some stuff there as well?
Tracer1
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Oks ang idea na eto... lalo na kung mauuna kang magkaroon ng copy ng game na ire-review
PS3 Rulez!!!

"Boycott Chinese products!"
MADzICE
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden

Tama, pero di lahat kukuha day 1, so reviews would really help. Hindi TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION mga pang *real* gaming websites na review kundi TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION gawang pinoy, para sa pinoy style. And I'll be glad to help for this :D
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Masyado na maraming outlet online for reviews (sites, blogs, Youtube videos, etc). We used to have some here in PPS. I doubt making another one will do anything. Do something else that is still gaming related like trick videos, etc.
:bigmouth:
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

jsnepo wrote:Masyado na maraming outlet online for reviews (sites, blogs, Youtube videos, etc). We used to have some here in PPS. I doubt making another one will do anything. Do something else that is still gaming related like trick videos, etc.
agree with this. Also most of the established review sites get their review copies way before the actual release date so mauunahan ka talaga nila. I hardly read reviews if its not on release day itself or may nauna na.

What would be better is if you started your own youtube channel and do some gameplay clips with commentary with certain games. Smoove does a MW3 and NBA 2k12 commentary real well, LevelCap does BF3 very well. Find your niche and go with it, masyado na maraming 'reviewers' diyan. Good luck!
solstice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: wicked_being

Ever since the ME3 journalist debacle, nawalan na ako ng gana mag-basa ng reviews or even visit those mainstream gaming sites. Naisip ko din na kahit simpleng blog lang magsimula ako, for honest game reviews by a gamer for gamers na hindi publisher ad revenue-driven. Kaso parang ang hirap mag-isa at wala naman akong alam sa layouts ek-ek. Alam ko lang mag-sulat. At mag-sayaw :lol:
Gaming on-hold.
#TWolvesNation Arooo!