Welcome to Vana'DieL World "Final Fantasy XI"

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
Riggel
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

May nabasa ako sa official forums na SE is requesting SONY to have an additional memory sa partition sa PS2 at PS3 HD. as of now kasi nasa 13 GB yung partition. ang orig ps2 HD is 40 GB. SInce ala ng game na lumabas para sa PS2 na gagamit ng space sa HD, nag request na ang SE sa SONY, same sa PS3. Yun nga lang 20 GB na PS3 ay di na uubra, owners will beef up its capacity. Its always been said na ang PS2 ang nag lilimit sa maari pang gawin sa FFXI. Now na nag request na sila na lakihan ng additional 9 GB, may roon sila sigurong nag pipe in na expansion. If thats the case, most players sa FFXI will still hold sa XI bago mag migrate sa FFXIV.
Sandorian_Elf
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Prev

YAp, SE have requested Sony for that matter and Sony responded positively. FFXI is in its 10th year and the community is still active, Thier only gripe is there was any expansion that came out for the last 4 years. Add on scenarios and battlefields only within the same places. Community is looking forward for new zones just like what SE showed before in a vanafest how big Vanadiel is. Vanadiel's current world is only 1/3 of what was shown. Hence, community is clamoring for the new zones. With the affirmation of Sony to the request of SE to expand the PS2 HD partition by 9GB more, SE might be working on this expansion. Only that SE is mum about it.

Have talk to Tenshin and he is in the process of coming back to Vanadiel. Hope that others wll also come back. One of my friend will try the game come this summer. So much content since the addition of the add on scenarios and battlefields. New ways to level up. Nice pop trigger NMs and nice proc system to have what you want on the NMs. These are few things that are in the add ons. Still nice story unmatched by any FF game sa previous content particularly the ZM and COP storyline. I say unmatched because IMO, you, yourself as a player is involved in unravelling the hidden mysteries within Vanadiel.
Sandorian_Elf
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ive updated FFXI on my PS3. The 9 GB additional space requested was there na. The last PS3 firmware included that request. The old partition will prompt you to add the additional space in order to play the game. The partiton has a total of 23 GB now. The 20 GB model should replace the HD that can accomadate the partiton needed. Hoping that the freezing issues on PS2 version can be addressed by SE now. Waiting for POL update para naman sa PS2 partition increase.
Sandorian_Elf
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

A friend of mine saw me playing this game way back in 2004 when the PS2 version was released. Ever since then he asked me kung kamusta na ang game and told him na its still A OK. Lately, i told him kung gusto nila subukan since bakasyon na naman at graduate na anak nya sa primary school. Give it a shot for 2 months sa isang account na di na ginagamit ng isa rin naming friend. Alas, last 31 march ay nag start na sila and having a good time. enjoying the game since mas pinadali na maka gain EXP but still the in depth of the game is still there. I was mentoring him and noticed there were 4 newbies in the starting zone. I asked them if they are new to the game and says yes. Nice to hear that there are still new players. Population sa server namin ay di naman nag decline ng malaki since 2010 when abysea was introduce. Sad to say na mas kakaunti pa ang player sa FFXIV. Come its 10th anniversary celebration this coming June, an announcement will be made with respect to the direction of FFXI in the future.

The new "Legion" system is hard mode according to vets. No temp items and atmas to boost characters stats. This time around daw ay full cooperation ng group. Each room has 3 simultaneous mega boss to be defeated. So far, ala pa ata naka advance sa next round since release last March 26. This is what most players are looking for. Those hardcores got what they want. Unlike sa FFXIV, a patch 3 months to make was beaten in just 2 days by the elite players. The last Hard Instanced created sa XIV was beaten in just 3 hrs after it was release by the group that lord FFXI NA in 2004-2005.
Riggel
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

10th anniversary celebration has concluded. The Vanafest was a huge success according to those who attended. A new full expansion was announce "Seekers of Adoulin" to be launch on 2013 and the fan base are hype again. Sad to say na itinapat din sa FFXIV 2.0 Release year. The new expansion as presented during the evnt by the devt team will cover a whole new continent in the Far West "Ulbuka". and according to the devt team, new type of game play that needs full cooperation of the populace in the server will have a bigger effect in the outcome of the game for the particular expansion content. 2 new jobs " Geomancer" and "Rube Fencer" will be introduce and 6 new guilds.

One thing is every FFXI player i knew na naiinip na sa game at naghihintay ng FFXIV 2.0 or even playing FFXIV for now is happy and no questions asks decided that FFXI Expansion first before FFXIV 2.0 or if 2.0 is first will go back to FFXI once the expansion is out. ( This is what is in my mind, to reactivate my FFXI/POL accnt) . FFXI really has a place in every FFXI vets heart weather active or retired. /clap.

<everyone> <seek> <party> <gather together> <adoulin> 2013 .