General PlayStation Question and Help Thread

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Starscream
PlayStation
PlayStation

Rather than just posting new threads for a single question or problem, wouldn't it be a better idea to keep them in just one thread? ;)

Here's the solution:

**The Official PS1/2 SOS Thread**

If you have any questions or problems about PS1/2 hardware, modchips, peripherals, anything (!), post it here and we'll have some sort of answer in reply! :? (not everyone is an expert).

Let's keep the PinoyPSX PlayStation Hardware and Modchips Forum Area nice and clean ;)

Ask away!
Last edited by Starscream on Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:flamedevil: ApolcalyPS3 2: The Hackening :flamedevil:

Downfall of the Playstation Network video (clickable)
nunoe
PlayStation
PlayStation

Hi, just a new member here. Like to know if the PS_2 unit is ok to use in playing DVD movies? Is there any disadvantages in playing more DVD movies just like a DVD player? Or there will be problems? Please advice?
nyep
PlayStation
PlayStation

I currently work in the night shift in the office. and i have rather a ample amount of time to waste. I dont have any plans of bringing my TV to the office para mag ps2. Pero I have with me an LCD projector, which is figuratively idle. Would it work?

Any ideas? Would it be worth it if would buy a PS1 and play it with the projector? or maybe bring my ps2? hwehwe.
SPCH-50006
Messiah 3.2
Modded @ EYO
Perfection...
--------
Asia PSP Black 1.5
Tekken DR UMD
2x 2GB Memstick
223 ISOs
ace_kit
Naughty Admin
PSN ID: ace_kit

kalaro wrote:hmm guys, is there anyway that i could play 'PAL' discs on my ntsc-j unit??? pwede din bang palitan yung mode ng tv to PAL?? kasi sayang naman yung bigay sakin ng ermats ko na disc.. salamat sa mga reply.. :)
What do you mean by "PAL" discs?

If it's an original game, then you won't be able to play it.

If it's a :wink: game, then you can if your TV is a multisystem TV.

If its a PAL movie, then your TV should be a multisystem.

Pwede palitan ang mode ng TV mo as long as it has that feature. Hanapin mo ang button nun sa remote.

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you'll become

PSN ID: ace_kit
wurz7
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

Hello everyone! :D

I was just wonderin if I could still use my Action Replay 2 (p*** one) after modding my PS2 with a newer modchip. My current modchip (modded April 2002) uses the disc swap method. BTW mine's a version 4 PS2.
DarkRenzokuken
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race

wurz7 wrote:Hello everyone! :D

I was just wonderin if I could still use my Action Replay 2 (p*** one) after modding my PS2 with a newer modchip. My current modchip (modded April 2002) uses the disc swap method. BTW mine's a version 4 PS2.
depende na yan sa modchip mo. basta ang alam ko all new versions of modchips boots all kinds of p* games discs.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil Village
Fulaeetoy
PlayStation
PlayStation

Is there someone knows Where Eyo store is located?
Ashtar
PlayStation
PlayStation

Lucky_Bastard wrote:Is there someone knows Where Eyo store is located?
2nd floor, Dao Lane, Virramall
rhenskie
PlayStation
PlayStation

I accidentally dropped my PS2 unit with NBA Live 2k4 in it. After that when I'm playing NBA it hangs. Haven't tried playing other games.

What do you think is wrong? Is it the game or the PS2 unit? :oops: :(
IMPOTENCY: It's all in the HEAD!
Unprettier
PlayStation
PlayStation

here's a question for you guys..

My PS2 recently bogged down.. whenever I try to play games (or DVD movies for that matter).. after I put the disc in the disc tray and press the eject button.. it will just blink and after a couple of second, it would eject the cd.. I've exhausted all means that I know too fix this..

I finally took it to Greenhills for repair but the guy who looked at it said that the defect was the lens itself.. he said that the reason the disc tray kept ejecting the CD was because the lens was no longer working...

so, what are your takes on this? Was he right? If he is, how much do I have to shell out for a new lens? Also.. i was browsing the earlier posts and I was wondering if you guys have a price list of all the modchips (ok, maybe just the GOOD modchips... like the Messiah.. )

Hope someone replies to this.. Haven't played for 2 weeks now and its driving me mad..
"Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around"
Maxx
PlayStation
PlayStation

Mga ser,

Di na nakakabasa ng kahit ano yung ps2 ko, DVD, PS2 game, ala.

Baka madumi lang, may instructions ba kayo kung pano linisin yung lens?

Or mas ok na gumamit ng lens cleaner na lang?

Sna di sira yung lens....
anto4evah
PlayStation
PlayStation

I went to GH kanina cuz m planin to buy a PS2 pero nung nagcacanvass ako n snooping around for 2 hrs i was able to collect some info that concerns the PS2s durabilty.

Store pips told me that the 5000x series daw are gud gor 2-3hrs of game play then rest it up for 30mins-1hr before u can use it agen?

any truth to this?!?

iv askd bout 4 shops and same explanations and playing procedures, yung warranty does not cover the IC thingy na nagooverheat.
sLoPbOx RuLeZzzz!!!!!
Starscream
PlayStation
PlayStation

anto4evah wrote:I went to GH kanina cuz m planin to buy a PS2 pero nung nagcacanvass ako n snooping around for 2 hrs i was able to collect some info that concerns the PS2s durabilty.

Store pips told me that the 5000x series daw are gud gor 2-3hrs of game play then rest it up for 30mins-1hr before u can use it agen?

any truth to this?!?

iv askd bout 4 shops and same explanations and playing procedures, yung warranty does not cover the IC thingy na nagooverheat.
Sounds like store pips are trying to get rid of old stock.

Could these problems be linked with modded SCPH-5000x's?

I'd still get a SCPH-5000x over the previous SCPH-3900x, if I were going to buy a new PS2 today.

If you can wait, hold out for the next version of the PS2 till the 'bugs' on the SCPH-5000x are gone.

Even better, wait for the PS3.
:flamedevil: ApolcalyPS3 2: The Hackening :flamedevil:

Downfall of the Playstation Network video (clickable)
Maxx
PlayStation
PlayStation

Mga ser tanong ulit,

Kasi feeling ko misaligned yung lens ng ps2 ko, yung nba live 2004 ko kasi ayaw ng gumana, e before gumagana pa to. Gumagana lang sya pag nakatayo yung unit ko, so baka misaligned yung lens. May mga DVD na din ako na di gumagana. Tama ba hula ko na misaligned yung lens?

Kung misaligned nga, pano ka aayusin to? Binuksan ko kasi yung unit ko kaso di ko alam kung pano ayusin, at kung ano yung gagalawin para ma-align.....

TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION in advance
turismo1997
PlayStation
PlayStation

Mgra bro,

Me alam ba kayo kung paano ma fix yung corrupted na memory card. Instead kasi na around 8 MB pa yung space nya, mga 1500 kb na lang.

Thanks
Janmyung
PlayStation
PlayStation

VincH wrote:pwede ba yung lens na 400b sa SCPH10000? nasira kasi lens ko eh 400a yung stock na lens wala na ko mahanap na kapalit puro 400b and 400c na lang available sa mga stores eh.

Sadly it will not work huhuhu. Meron ako 18000 ps2, nagpabili pa naman ako ng lens 2 kaso TYPE B kasi ala na silang makitang type A sa china. Ngayon meron akong 2 Brand new na TypeB lens di ko magamit sa ps2 ko. Me alam na kayo shop na nagswap nito or swap ps2? Looking for a 3000x model V1-4. Thanks
ballerz
PlayStation
PlayStation

a classmate of mine gave me his old ps2, scph 30001 R. Sabi niya lens daw ang prob. Nag-power on naman siya pero ayaw mag-boot up ng games. tingin nyo ba lens lang ang prob? madumi lang kaya or kailangan ko na bumili ng bago? magkano pala bago? TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION
\\For the Greater Glory of God//
scph-50006 messiah 3.2
scph-30001 R
scph-10000
anto4evah
PlayStation
PlayStation

kung JPN version ba ng PSP jap ang sulat sa lahat? 110V or 220V? im planing to get one rili soon kse.
sLoPbOx RuLeZzzz!!!!!
jackryan
PlayStation
PlayStation

Hi !

Can you help direct me to the most reliable (and may cheap) repair shop to fix my PS2 power supply which was connected to a 220V when it should be just on 110VAC ?

Any ideas on how much is a reasonable repair charge for this kind of problems ???

Thanks,
-jackryan 8)
WebGuru
PlayStation
PlayStation

im planning to buy ps2.. just want to ask what version and modchip is the best buy?
thanks!