General PlayStation Question and Help Thread

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
vahn7576
PlayStation
PlayStation

stingray1059 wrote:
yup pwede! pwede siyang gawing universal remote for all tv and also a DVD remote for ps2 slim version.

pero for 1.5 users lang..

Ok thanks. Another question...I have 2.6 firmware on my PSP. How can I install an emulator game on it?
stingray1059
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha

vahn7576 wrote:
stingray1059 wrote:
yup pwede! pwede siyang gawing universal remote for all tv and also a DVD remote for ps2 slim version.

pero for 1.5 users lang..

Ok thanks. Another question...I have 2.6 firmware on my PSP. How can I install an emulator game on it?
yes you can!! but you must have a ORIGINAL GTA UMD game to run emulators on psp 2.01 and up.
G1LB3RT
PlayStation
PlayStation

Tanong ko lang po sa mga nagpapalit na ng mga lens...binigay po ba sa inyo yung lumang lens?
----------------------------
--. .. .-.. -... . .-. -
... -.-. .--. .... ..... ----- ----- ----- ....- .-
...- .---- -----
-.-. .... .. -. .-
----------------------------
ketzeboy
PlayStation
PlayStation

hi, newbie here. hope someone would help me with these questions:
1. is there a ceramic white us version? TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION i really like white, so i have to deal with the japan version which can't read region1 umd videos.
2. if you save the video in mem stick w/ a supported format, would it still be the same quality? "hdtv" pa din dating?

thanks so much! ok tong thread na to TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION nkakarelate tayong mga pinoy!
ketzeboy
PlayStation
PlayStation

TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION ace_kit. one more question, how many MB will it take a memorystick to have in it a high quality movie? ok na 1G? so if you have like 3 movies, save na lang muna sa pc then transfer sa stick ok lang? thanks!
travis
PlayStation
PlayStation

Actually sir, I have never even installed any games on my 2 Xbox consoles Hard Drive and have been playing games for probably more than a thousand hours now using the DVD-Rom drive. Thats coz Im trying to keep the Hard drive free to save games, and i play a lot of games. anyways, will be opening up my PS2 now. nothing to lose for me since all ive had with this are problems eversince. Its just too complicated. I hope things work out.
travis
PlayStation
PlayStation

I just finished opening up and cleaning my PS2 now. Thank God its working again!!!! I just removed the dust pile up that looks like cotton balls already and wiped the lens (oops) very gently with a very soft cloth that doesnt leave fiber residues. Its working again! loads faster now, and plays most of my discs even the ones that wont play before. Great! now, I can enjoy more game time on my PS2 console. Im buying new games in a bit to try it out some more. Thanks Sir Ace for the suggestions! Appreciate it!
iceman_arce
PlayStation
PlayStation

mga tsong, help naman ayaw ng umikot ng mga dvd ko sa ps2 unit ko. lens na ba ang sira nun? baka meron lang akong kailangan i-adjust.
genash
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

:?: No power siya. Model 3900001. nagblink lang once yung red light then wala na. I think the culprit is the eject / power ribbon. its damage. magkano kaya papalit nun?? any idea mga sirs?
rome
PlayStation
PlayStation

nasira yung mainboard ng ps2 ko, hindi to slim type n ps2. may idea b kayo kung magkano papalit sa EYO?
"once I hold on, I wont let go till it bleeds..."
ace_kit
Naughty Admin
PSN ID: ace_kit

rome wrote:nasira yung mainboard ng ps2 ko, hindi to slim type n ps2. may idea b kayo kung magkano papalit sa EYO?
Nyak! Di ba mahal ang palit ng mainboard?

Baka hindi na advisable na pa-repair mo yan pre.

Not sure din kung how much... pero itatanong ko next time ako makakadaan.

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you'll become

PSN ID: ace_kit
jmobf
PlayStation
PlayStation

rome wrote:nasira yung mainboard ng ps2 ko, hindi to slim type n ps2. may idea b kayo kung magkano papalit sa EYO?
nung nagpapalit ako ng ps2 board a few months ago, 4,500 Php yung price sa EYO not sure kung bumaba na sya ngayon.

question po:
yung friend ko may orig na kingdom hearts at biohazard 4 daw from japan tapos yung games daw eh may language selection sa umpisa kung japanese or english. na-set na to japanese dati kaso di na nila ma-set to english and hindi na daw lumalabas ulit yung language selector. nagpa-convert na daw sila ng ps2 pero ganun pa din. may way pa kaya para ma-set nila to english yung game or para mapalabas nila yung language selector? thanks in advance guys
Anino
PlayStation
PlayStation

Question lang po
Pwede bang idown grade ang v 2.5 sa 1.5?.. v1.5 ako tapos nag upgrade ako sa v.2.0
para malaro ang mga bagong games, kaso may games na kailangan mag upgrade ng 2.5 .. Gusto ko lang po malaman kung madodowngrade ko rin ba sya?

Pag pwede ng idowngrade may alam ba kayo kung saan pwede makakuha?

And pag v2.5 kana kahit anong umd games ba pwedeng malaro?
Sensya na po wala kasi akong alam about psp..

Sensya na sa isa kong post mukhang naligaw uli, kasi pindot ko new topic di pala yon dito napunta.

Thanks
Lyn
shinta91313
PlayStation
PlayStation

Hello.

I have a PS2 model 70006 bought at Makati Cinema square. Tatlong beses na yata napaayos last year because of the IC chip (?) so I decided to have it repaired at EYO. When I got there, they said it was the lens. Pinalitan ang lens and tested the unit, okay na. When we got home, nakalaro kami ng dalawang games lang tapos nasira ulit. So we went back to EYO, ni-refund naman. Lumipat kami sa kabilang store, motherboard daw ang sira. So I said, what the heck, hanap na lang ako ng second hand.

I searched through the threads, saw one unit for sale at P8,500 (November 2005). Met with the owner, tested the unit, okay naman so I bought the unit na. It was a 39001. I specifically searched for that unit since it was the best model according to the threads. Naka-personal warranty for one month naman. Unit worked perfectly. Minsan lang ayaw mag-eject pero pindot lang nang pindot mage-eject din pagtagal. On the second month, di na rin nakakabasa ng gold DVDs, yung silver na lang... sabi nila lens na din problem pag ganun.

Promised my son that I'll have the unit repaired on his birthday. Birthday na nya two weeks from now...

Question is: alin kaya ang ipapa-ayos ko, yung 70006 or 39001?

Help naman pls...

I'm also thinking of selling the two units then buying a newer one. Kaya lang baka mahirap na ibenta mga yun eh...

What do you think guys?

Sorry for the long post, I wanted you guys to be aware of the condition of both units eh. Thanks again!
I am created Shiva the Destroyer; death, the shatterer of worlds. The dead night tiger made whole by the Master of Sinanju. What is this dog meat that now challenges me?
Janmyung
PlayStation
PlayStation

Magkano po ngayono lens sa older models? ( 15000, 10000 ) Thanks
bhed
PlayStation
PlayStation

Can you actually surf the net with this on the PS2 ala Dreamcast and XBOX?

Any configuration or set-up that you need to do prior going on-line?

This is definitely a good feature of PS2 as the 1st PS2 I had had no internet connectivity and I had to adjust since the Dreamcast that I sold got internet connectivity.

Thanks.
Antagal akong naghahanap ng pinoy website tungkol sa PS2... ngayon ko lang nahanap kung kailan naibenta ko na ang PS1 and PS2 ko!!! PS3 kailan ka???
p5yf3r
PlayStation
PlayStation

bhed wrote:Can you actually surf the net with this on the PS2 ala Dreamcast and XBOX?

Any configuration or set-up that you need to do prior going on-line?

This is definitely a good feature of PS2 as the 1st PS2 I had had no internet connectivity and I had to adjust since the Dreamcast that I sold got internet connectivity.

Thanks.
as far as i know, it only is used to play games online, and you need original games to do that, except for SOCOM 1, i think... i believe that the game that you will be using will help you set up your connection, i could be wrong, though... i have a 39001 and the network adapter i bought for it had a set up disc, you can also use cheat disks to set up your internet connection (set up mine with ArMax)
SCPH-39001
<Voided Warranty>
vahn7576
PlayStation
PlayStation

Is it possible now to use HOMEBREW apps on 2.6 firmware wihthout the GTA:LCS game?
fighter24
PlayStation
PlayStation

TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION b akong magdownload ng movies sa 1GBMEM.STICK ko then play it sa 2.6firmware? or talagang UMD lang ang TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION kng gamitin.

and TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION rin bang magdownload ng MP3'S sa mem.stick then play it to PSP?

and what is ISOS?

AND 22o bng pag bumili k ng US ver. khit san store is may free UMD movies? TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION papabili plng ako DUBAI at sana may free rin dun....

sorry wala pa kcng ganung alam about PSP.

TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION!
stingray1059
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha

fighter24 wrote:TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION b akong magdownload ng movies sa 1GBMEM.STICK ko then play it sa 2.6firmware? or talagang UMD lang ang TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION kng gamitin.

and TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION rin bang magdownload ng MP3'S sa mem.stick then play it to PSP?

and what is ISOS?

AND 22o bng pag bumili k ng US ver. khit san store is may free UMD movies? TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION papabili plng ako DUBAI at sana may free rin dun....

sorry wala pa kcng ganung alam about PSP.

TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION!
movies to your mem stick? pwede.. google mo "psp video 9". any firmware can play psp converted movies.

mp3s? yes just put your music files psp/music folder mo.. kung buhay pa manual mo, paki read na lang.

ISOs? backed-up copies of UMD games na pwede mo i play sa mem stick.. kumbaga sa salitang kanto. "piratang kopya".. but these are only playable on version 1.5.

free UMD movies? walang ganun! eh di sana ang dami nang may free UMD movie ang mga forum members dito. OR depende sa sale package ng store. just like pag bumili ka ng ps2 na may kasama ng games/mem card and extra controller.