Cygames teams up with PlatinumGames for an action RPG based on the former's highly successful iOS/Adnroid title.
Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Primal Rage
- Posts: 15881
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:21 pm
- PSN ID: jhai_radikz
- Location: Valenzuela City
- Primal Rage
- Posts: 19081
- Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:54 pm
- PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano
- Location: Monaco
Hindi na raw co-developer ang PlatinumGames. Cygames na lang.
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/granblue-fa ... sions-more- On choosing characters: As it is a story-driven RPG, “we want to make sure the characters are our most iconic,” including Gran, Katalina, and the other characters that appear in the main story.
- On downloadable content characters: Downloadable content characters are “included in our plans,” but details cannot currently be shared. “We definitely know that our fans want more characters to appear in the console games, so that is definitely something that we are considering.”
- On other characters: “Caracters like Lancelot, Charlotta, and Percival” are still in the game.
- On frame rate: Granblue Fantasy: Relink is aiming for 60 frames per second, but may settle at 30 frames per second depending on the final visuals. “That being said, as mentioned, our goal, for now, is to have it running at 60 frames per second.”
- On unique elements: Granblue Fantasy: Relink will be more accessible compared to Granblue Fantasy: Versus. “We aren’t really aiming to have something completely unique or bizarre, departing too much from the typical elements of RPG… We believe that the overall quality will make the game stand out from the games in the same genre.”
- On job changing: Job changes are not present in the game due to the immense amount of resources that would be required. Instead, those reseources are being used “to fully flesh out” other characters like Katalina and Rackam, who have “very different gameplay from the main character.”
- On release window: Granblue Fantasy: Relink was previously planned for 2018, but is currently without a release window. The project became “more and more massive” and Cygames “didn’t want to make compromises on the quality,” so it chose to delay the game. “At the moment it doesn’t have a release date because we already delayed it once, we never, ever want to do it again.”
- On silent protagonists: Gran and Djeeta (male and female protagonists) remain silent protagonists, as they are in the mobile game, outside of voices for battle actions and dialogue reactions. The protagonist’s name can be changed.
- On simultaneous worldwide release: Granblue Fantasy: Relink is aiming for a simultaneous worldwide release.
- On releasing so late into the console generation: “It has been quite a while since the release of PS4. That being said, that also means that the whole industry has stronger development skills on the platform. On top of that, the installed base is also much bigger. Releasing on the latter half of the generation does have its merits so we do want to take advantage of this timing. Since PS5 has not been officially announced, we don’t know what’s going to happen. Yet, if it does come out before our games are released, we might think of releasing on PS5 as well. That being said, in that case, they would probably have to be remastered versions.”